Info from trip 12-17 October

medeng8

Earning My Ears
I just got back from a trip down 12-17 October. This is my third year in a row at this time. My kids have a fall break at their school so it’s been a great time to go. This is year I would has been the least fun for a few reasons.
1. Busier than years past. We tend to go to DHS a lot as we love the park. In the past, this has been the least busy. Not this year. It was in my opinion, it was very busy. We tried two days in a row to get fast passes to Toy Story Mania. No luck. We were there at around park opening and within 30 mins both days, fast passes were gone. This was also the case for RRC. This blew us away. Which leads me to number 2.

2. Fast pass plus. This is one of the reasons for not getting fast passes. Since we did not have them (we are military and purchased our tickets through the base) we do not get them. We also don’t stay on site. So I guess you have to go “all in” to be privileged to get fast pass plus.

3. DNSSHP. We went Monday night, 14 October. Sold out. It was our first time. It was fun. Busier than I heard it would be. We probably wouldn’t do it again.

4. The water parks. Our salvation! Thank goodness I got tickets for these. We went during the day because it was so hot and the parks were so busy. The water parks on the other hand were not. We had a blast and they are well worth the price of admission.

Overall, we had fun. Just not as much fun as past times. Just be aware that if your going and don’t have fast pass plus, you may not get to ride certain attractions without a long wait. We don’t do 85 minute waits. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter