Info from the May Repo Cruise-What was offered onboard...

myfairygodmother

Mouseketeer
I've seen questions on many threads about the events/activities that were offered on the May repo cruise. Since I have now uncovered my stack of navigators in the mountain of luggage, I thought that I would just post all the info in one thread instead of repeating in many threads...<br>

First lets start with:<br>
date--dress code--dinner menus--shows:<br>

14th-casual--"Let the Magic Begin"--All Aboard!Let the Magic Begin! <br>
15th-casual-Rotational Dining Menu-Comedy & ventriloquism of Taylor Mason <br>
16th-formal-"Golden Mickeys" menu--The Golden Mickeys show <br>
17th-casual-Rotational Dining Menu-Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer <br>
18th-casual-"Tropicalifragilistic Expialidocious" menu--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy(movie) <br>
19th-semi-formal-Rotational Dining menu-Variety Show starring Mike Super <br>
20th-casual-"Atlantic Meets Pacific" menu-Rock'n'Roll Comedy of Gary DeLena <br>
21st-semi-formal-"Master Chef" menu--Disney Dreams <br>
22nd-casual-"Around the World" menu-The Bumblesquats <br>
23rd-Pirate night--"Pirates in the Carribean"menu--Los Caporales Festival Folklorico <br>
24th-casual-"Taste of California" menu--Boyz II Men Live in concert <br>
25th-casual-"Captains Dinner" menu-Comedian Bob Saget with the Muppets <br>
26th-formal--"Prince & Princess" menu--Twice Charmed <br>
27th-casual-"Til We Meet Again" menu--Remember the Magic A Final Farewell <br>

Movies that were shown in the Buena Vista Theatre:

Around the World in 80 Days <br>Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone <br>Finding Nemo <br>Fat Albert <br>Taxi <br>Bambi <Br>The Pacifier <br> the Aristocats <br> Pirates of the Carribean <br>Ice Princess <br>Ocean's 11 <br>A Lot Like Love <br>Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets <br>National Treasure <br>Peter Pan <br> The Aviator <br> Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement <br>Spanglish <br> Ice Age <br>Racing Stripes <br> Coach Carter <br>The Incredibles <br>In Good Company <br> Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban <br> Ray <br> ET <br> Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy <br>

Highlights from each day's Navigators:<br>

14th-Bingo
Mickey Mania Game Show
Karaoke<br>
15th-Bingo
Art Auction
Family Cabaret Showtime
Cruisin' for Trivia
Adult cabaret Showtime<br>
16th-Bingo
Family Craft Session
Art of Entertaining Series:"Great Expectations--The Appetizer" and "Fruit Carving & Mixology"
Behind the Scenes Series:"Panama Canal, It's Something to See" and "Dance Workshop"
Navigator Series:"The Making of the Disney Magic"
Dark Waters: Murder Mystery At Sea
Family Team Trivia
Art Auction
Disney Legs Contest
Taylor Mason Ventriloquism Workshop
Chip-It Golf
Wine tasting
Martini Tasting
Family Karaoke

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this info :flower: Did you have good time? Was two weeks too long?

Thanks for posting! For:
25th-casual-"Captains Dinner" menu-Comedian Bob Saget with the Muppets

Is that the Sesame Street Muppets? Also is Bob Saget a "regular" guy or is that the guy that was on TV on a sitcom (can't remember the name of it but with the Olsen Twins I think)?

Also I think I've heard of Boyz II Men but not sure what songs they've had out. Were they any good in concert?

Thanks!

PS Anyone remember the wine packages?

Yes, Kermit from the muppets. He was excellent.

Bob Sagat was horrible and the cruise director had to apologize for his off color humor the next night before the show started. I wouldn't call him a regular guy..I would call him a very disturbed individual.

Everyone loved the Boyz II Men concert.

webray said:
Yes, Kermit from the muppets. He was excellent.

Bob Sagat was horrible and the cruise director had to apologize for his off color humor the next night before the show started. I wouldn't call him a regular guy..I would call him a very disturbed individual.

Everyone loved the Boyz II Men concert.

Not sure about everyone loving Boyz to Men. We didn't go, but I didn't not hear alot of good reviews.

More highlights from the Navigators...

17th-Bingo
Family Craft Session
Cruisin' for Trivia
Juggling workshop
Dark Waters:Murder Mystery at Sea
Mr. Toad's Wild race
Beer Tasting
Crossroads of the World, The Country of Panama-seminar
Chip It Golf
The Tale of a Whale, and a whale of a tale--book reading
Castaway Club reception #1
Family Spy party
60's Dance Party
Mickey Mania
Art of Entertaining Series:"Signature Entrees" and "Olive Oil & Vinegar Tasting"
Behind the Scenes Series:"Improv Workshop" and "Haunted mansion with Jason Surrell"
Navigator Series:"Art of the Theme Show ship tour" <br>

18th-Bingo
Pictionary
Line dancing
Scattegories
Sports Trivia Showdown
Art Auction
Fathom This game show
So You Think You KNow Your TV Songs?
Krazy Karaoke
Tropicalifragilisticexpialidocious deck party with late night buffet <br>

navigator highlights cont'd

19th-Wiggles Rise & Shine
Monopoly Challenge
Family Craft session
Goofy's Fun Fitness Pool Party
Sound Waves game show
Martini Tasting
Cruisin' for Trivia
Adult only time in the Oceaneer's Lab
American Pub Night
Art of Entertaining Series:"Dazzling Desserts"
Behind the Scenes Series:"Costuming Workshop" and "Pirates of the Caribbean with Jason Surrell" <br>

20th-Family Team Trivia
Incredibles Animiation
Panama Canal Deck Party(all day)
So You Think You Know Your Family?
Dance Class
Adult & Family Craft Sessions
Walk The Plank Game Show
Family Spy Party
Father Daughter Dance Party
Match Your Mate <br>

21st-Pirate Training
Golf Putting Contest
Mickey 200
Outburst
Margarita & tequila tasting
Cruisin for Trivia
Family Pajama Party
Stargazing
Art of Entertaining Series:"Olive Oil & Vinegar tasting"
Behind the Scenes Series:"Galley Tour" and "The making of Lights, Motor, Action with Tom Wolber" and "Wild World of Sports Odyssey"
Navigator Series:"Q & A Session with Staff Captain & Chief Engineer" <br>

22nd-Scrabble Championship
Photo Academy at Sea
Art Auction
Bingo
Beer Tasting
basketball Challenge
Margarita & tequila tasting
Sound Waves
Magic Quest-scavenger hunt
Time Warp Celebration of the 80's
Art of Entertaining Series:"All about Potatoes" and "Holding a Dinner Party"
Behind the Scenes Series:"Doug Wilson" and "Walt Disney Theatre cast Meet & Greet" <br>

navigator highlights cont'd...

23rd-Pirate Party Line dances
Krazy Karaoke
Bingo
Sports Trivia Showdown
Pirates In the Caribbean Deck Party with late night buffet <br>

24th-Martini Tasting
So You Think You KNow Your Family?
Mr. Toad's Wild race
Art Auction
Digital camera Seminar
Beer tasting
Father & Son Chip-it golf
Castaway Club Reception #2
Father Daughter Dance
70's Dance party
Art of Entertaining Series:"Great Expectations--The Appetizer" and "Cake & Plate Decorating"
Behind the Scenes Series:"DCL Charting a New Business Course with Tom Alpine" and "Don Ducky Williams--Character Artist" <br>

25th-Incredibles Animation
Fathom This game show
Who's The Boss
Family dance party
NBA Playoffs <br>

26th-Bingo
Disney Costume Party
Happiest Celebration on Earth
Adult magic Quest
Adults Only time in the Oceaneer's Lab <br>

27th-Talent Show
Bingo
Ventriloquism Workshop
Family Towel Folding
Art Auction
Celebrate the Journey(kid's from the lab & club)
Sports Trivia Showdown
Latin Fiesta
Pub Night
'Til We Meet Again
Art of Entertaining Series:"Signature Entrees"
Behind the Scenes Series:"The making of the Pirates of the Caribbean:the Curse of the Black Pearl with Jason Surrell" and "Creating Twice Charmed"
Navigator Series: "Captains Corner" <br>

lotsofboys said:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this info :flower: Did you have good time? Was two weeks too long?

I had the most wonderful time on the cruise!! Two weeks was definately not too long for me--looking back at the navigators there are so many things that I just didn't have time to do. I only went to one movie at the the Buena Vista Theatre, never made it to bingo or an art auction, only got to about half of the presentations and seminars in the behind the scenes and art of entertaining series...

Liz

Yes, thank you so much for taking the time to post that. I really appreciate it!

kpgclark said:
Thanks for posting! For:
25th-casual-"Captains Dinner" menu-Comedian Bob Saget with the Muppets

Is that the Sesame Street Muppets? Also is Bob Saget a "regular" guy or is that the guy that was on TV on a sitcom (can't remember the name of it but with the Olsen Twins I think)?

Yes, Bob Saget is the same guy that played Danny Tanner(the dad) on Full House--he was also the host of America's Funiest Home Videos. Kermit the Frog also appeared with him. IMO, Bob's show was definately not a family show--it should have been listed as an 18 & older show on Beat Street later in the evening. The cruise director did apologize later saying that it was not DCL's intention for any guests to be offended by the show.

Thank you for all of the information! I have a question and I hope you can help. I'm on the 15 day Repo back to Florida this August. How much should I allocate for tipping? Do I give the same amount for children as adults? Does Disney suggest a special amount?
Thank you!

MM2U2 said:
Thank you for all of the information! I have a question and I hope you can help. I'm on the 15 day Repo back to Florida this August. How much should I allocate for tipping? Do I give the same amount for children as adults? Does Disney suggest a special amount?
Thank you!

These were the suggested amounts for the May Repositioning cruise:

Server $51.50
Asst. Server $37.50
Head Server $13.00
Stateroom Host $50.50

Those amounts are per person and you do tip the same for children as adults.
For our group of 6 suggested tips came to $915.00!
We actually tipped over that amount.
:wizard:

Also we had some $1 and $2 bills on hand for room service tips.

Thanks for sharing! This is very useful information! :grouphug:

2 1/2 months to go! I can hardly wait! :cheer2:

I didn't see the late show with Bob Saget but I heard he bombed pretty bad. The first show was pretty good. Kermit's improv and the movie they showed of the Muppets interacting with the crew was hilarious and is what made the show. Bob Saget had his funny moments but they were almost all improv as he interacted with the audience. His "act" itself wasn't that funny though. Some of his humor was a little off-color but then it's almost impossible to offend me. I see much worse on PG-rated movies so I don't really get why some people were so offended, at least by his early show.

As for Boyz II Men, I didn't see them but Amy did and raved about the show along with everyone we talked to who actually saw them. Based on the huge applause they received when Rachel asked the audience about them later in the cruise, I'd say the people who didn't like the show were a minority.

-steve

Thanks for all the info.

how was the murder mystery?
any other new things they might keep for a 7 day

MM2U2 said:
Thank you!

Here is a website that has been posted a few times here at the Dis that is wonderful for figuring out tips...it even breaks down the denominations of the money...

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

Just fill the amount of days, etc. and it does the rest!!! Click on the TRANSFER column and it rounds up to the nearest dollar and breaks down the bills for you.

MJ

Thank you! I was a little worried because my friend told me I should allocate about $2000.00 for tipping for four people on the 15 day Repo. As you can see, I was about to cancel the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter