Info. about re-joining Connections through Lillian Vernon

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I know from reading various threads that many DISers join the Connections program get the vouchers or passes they need for an upcoming trip then cancel only to re-join prior to their next trip.

If you are considering doing this please read my recent experience.

I joined in 10/02, looked over the program, then canceled bc. I was not sure I wanted to make use of the vouchers,etc. After "studying up" (here) on the ins and outs of using vouchers, I attempted to re-join again through Lillian Vernon on 8/11. After 10 business days, 3 calls to LV and 5 calls to Connections, I was puzzled when I tried to get my member info. and Connections kept telling me that they only had my old membership on record. Lillian V. kept saying that they had me listed as enrolled. After many phone calls to both, I finally got a very nice Connections employee (w/ a lovely, easy to understand British accent) who took the time to research my problem. She found out from her supervisor that after a person joins once through Lillian Vernon (or any other month-by-month enrollment) any subsequent attempts to enroll in the same way will be automatically rejected by the Connections system. The Connections lady told me to re-join through LV but use a different credit card and it should go through. Just for good measure I also joined using my husband's name along with a different credit card.
I thought I'd post this so that others may be prevented from the hassle that I had to go through to get this info. I was not told this by LV and Connections sent me no notification that my enrollment had been rejected. If not for the nice British lady going the extra mile, I would still be trying to figure out why Connections did not have my new enrollment on record.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter