Inflight ides for a monster?

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
Trying to sort out what to take for DS who will be 18months old, a typical boy as well. Likes to climb (it's gonna be a long flight) :worship::worship:

Drugs :rotfl2: (only joking)

DD was 22 months our first trip but would colour, stick stickers.

If he has a favourite toy/blanky take that and he might sleep a little.

Don't forget the novelty of being on a plane - food arriving, have a wander up the aisle, people will speak to him.

The hightlight with toddler DD was when she announced about 7 hours in that she was getting off the bus - the row of people in front fell about laughing.

On the way back we ended up spreading out as there were lots of seats. There was turbulence and we had to stay put with seatbelts on so DD HAD to stay with DH for half the flight - I even watched a film :rotfl:

Ours re going to be 23 months and im going to do a pack with stickers and colouring andall newcstuff that they havent seen

Just back with our GD who was 16 months, going to Orland was quite easy as she was more interested in what was going on and then fallen asleep so was really good and she also had some toys and the screen to watch disney channel. On our return today or last night if on US time she slept most of the way home.

I'm hoping he will sleep, but he can sometimes be naughty when it comes to nap time. If he gets to find out he can walk down the aisle it will tantrums at Dawn :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry to anyone who will be on my flight :worship::worship:

I'm hoping he will sleep, but he can sometimes be naughty when it comes to nap time. If he gets to find out he can walk down the aisle it will tantrums at Dawn :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have a good time Im sure it will be alright as he will have plenty to distract him.

We took dd in may at 19 months and OMG :scared1::scared1::scared1: she was a perfect angel lol! Trust me she sounds just like your ds, loves to climb, never sits still only naps in her cot etc etc, she slept for 4 solid hours on the way out (early morning and i let checked her pushchair in so she walked everywhere up to boarding the plane so she was knackered!) we did buy and ipad for her to play games and watch mickey and toy story on and she got plenty of use out of it and the other thing that i would say worked for us is stickers and snacks. She walked around the plane and chatted to people and was very well behaved. Def try and stay calm *** he will pick up on your anxietys, think of it as an adventure :woohoo: try and break the journey up, with meals, nappy chnages, maybe a few little treats etc and remem er the flight is only 9 hours of what will be an amazing holiday.

I'm a bit concerned about this too. My son will be 23 months and I have no idea what kind of toddler he'll be as he's only 9 months old now!

He hasn't got a seat on the plane either being under 2 which is a worry for sleeping :S

Our dd was 9 months last year on our annual trip so she was not quite mobile :) packed her a trunkie which we used as cabin luggage and put in a selection on things we thought she would play with! Turns out she only played with a few! :rotfl2:
We're going again this year when she'll be just over 18months and she's a little monkey now!! I've started to put new toys away for her like crayloa color wonder (which is billed for 3+ but we've had no problems and she likes it) and we're. Planning on loading up the iPad with stuff! Only problem is she finds it hard to sit still for more than 20minutes if she's not tired!!
Before she was awake playing with air stuardesses going out, back she slept due to the time difference on me (too big for the tiny sky cots!) which was ok but as I didn't sleep i was knackered with an active child when we arrived home :eek:
Good luck, hope he behaves himself!

:laughing: sit for 20mins, ya lucky if it's 20secs :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just been to toys r us, had to come home as he was a nightmare. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

He's the total opposite of DD (9),

ha ha ha..I wouldn't worry about it really. Its a flight to Orlando, its always got loads of children on it and anybody that TUTS etc should have known what to expect. Are you flying Virgin, they offer bulk head cots but you have to be quick to pre order them they go like hot cakes?! :)

our dd was a very well-behaved but very active 20 months old on our first trip. We had the hourly treat bags - we packed 11 (small) snacks and 11 (small) activities. also for her ds who was 5 at the time.

if they behaved every hour they got a new present and a 'treat' when the big hand reached the twelve (yes blackmail - isn't it great).

We prepared them for the plane treats for a couple of weeks before we went. Can't remember all of them but there was definitely a notebook and pencil, some stickers and a sticker book, a little duplo kit, a little playmobil person. Some of the bits I got from the Disney store before we went (definitely got the stickers, pencil and notebook from there).

We were lucky as she then slept for about five hours towards the end of the flight.

Good luck :)

I'm a bit concerned about this too. My son will be 23 months and I have no idea what kind of toddler he'll be as he's only 9 months old now!

He hasn't got a seat on the plane either being under 2 which is a worry for sleeping :S

My advice would be buy a seat for him that way he only sits onyour lap for take off and landing!! I bought Keira a seat and it was the best thing I did as she could watch her own tv and I got a break from having her on my lap too!!

Full child rate unfortunately. You can contact whoever you booked with and see if you can add a seat if one is available.

When DD was 22 months we booked to fly with Virgin and didn't buy her a seat.

DD is tall was in 3-4 clothes and I admit I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of her on my knee. I got lots of :eek: faces when I told people, lots openly said I was mad and eventually I cracked and booked her a seat - cost £450 ish.

We flew end of November - got on the plane and there were loads of free seats :headache: so we would have been ok - same on the way back. We did use her luggage allowance though. She wouldn't have had one as an infant with no seat.

I thought that if they were under 2 and you bought them a seat that they had to have an FSA approved seat brought onto the plane by yourselves - this may be just the US airlines because that was what we would have had to do on Continental!

Aah I'd rather risk it and hope for empty seats! lol I'll be paying for extra leg room though so hopefully that combined with an aisle seat will mean now and again he can sat on the floor and play without getting in anyone's way lol

As a family of 5 sat together in the bigger legroom seats one of us is bound to have an aisle seat :D

We have a climber and roughly that age we went and he kept standing up and looking back down the plane. Eventually we saw that he was waving madly and worried he was bothering people looked back to apologies and saw that almost have the plane behind him were waving back! For quite some time no one got tired of it and as said before it's a flight to Florida! Most people young or old are excited to be heading there so while I may feel slightly sorry for the odd business traveller trapped in the middle just go with it's a high proportion of people on the plane are in the same boat or have been at some time whatever way it goes.

Another time before our DS was born and travelling with our DD about 11months the family with the sky cot next to us had an 18 month old in a skycot although was far too big to really use it. The Mum had given him medised or something to calm him and Dad sitting in front was feeding him virgin cola and haribo :scared1: poor kid the parents then had a major argument over it..... Everyones advice on here has been better!

Wohoo made a start on items, got crayola beginnings stuff, crayons, pencils and tadoddles stampers, designed for 12/18 months :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter