Inflatables?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by brightspark, Jul 9, 2013.

1. brightspark

brightspark <font color=blue>Wants to try the happy soap<br><f

Hi there,
    Just a quick question about the hotel pools... we are going in August and my 5 year old is most excited about the prospect of swimming everyday... I want to buy an inflatable ride on toy for the pool, or maybe a small inflatable boat so that my 11 month can use it too... are there any rules about using them in the hotel pools? Can I use one or are they not allowed?

2. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Anything inflatable provides an obstruction that makes it harder for the lifeguards to get a full view of the pool bottom.

You can use water wings, noodles, etc, but no actual inflatables.

A good rule of thumb is if you don't see it sold in the resort store, it cannot be used.

3. brightspark

brightspark <font color=blue>Wants to try the happy soap<br><f

Thanks, that's really useful information. I won't go and buy one then :( He's never had one, so won't miss it... I just thought it would be fun.

Thanks for the help. I can see why they don't want them in the pool

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.

I have seen people with the little floats with a cover for their baby. The parent sat along the wall and held the baby. No complaints from guests or lifeguards that I could see. This was in OKW, where the pool is pretty big so the baby wasn't in anyone's way LOL.