Inflammatory Post: What age?

We did a Merrytiime cruise last November and my niece loved it. She was 3 years old and I timed her naps not to interfere with the activities. She hated leaving the ship and has been asking to go back on a regular basis. I can't deny her so of course we're doing it again this year.

Your daughter is definitely old enough to have a great time.

We've done the Merrytime cruise when our oldest DD turned 1 (her bday is in December), 4 and we're going again this year with our kids being 5 & 2. She of course enjoyed looking at everything at 1 but enjoyed gingerbread house decorating last year at 4. I'm fully confident that my 2 year old will be fine with the gingerbread house decorating this year (it's 1 house per stateroom, not per kid, so everyone works together). There really isn't much to decorate - they give you the house walls and roof in sheets and you stick it together with the icing and then the only decorations last year were gum drop candies and these small hard candy balls. There were plenty of toddlers last year who looked to be having fun helping decorate. I don't think there was anything that was too mature for a preschooler, I'd say you'd be fine even going this year.

Our oldest and current only turned 1 on a cruise in March. I bet they are in a small club.

It was totally a cruise for mom and dad though. The nursery is amazing and every vacation destination should have one! :)

It takes no time to find some post talking about not taking kids on a cruise, to WDW, etc etc because they "won't remember it" or won't be able to do all the activities or will need to nap or whatever. .

People always used to say that when I was taking my daughter starting at 2 on cruises and to Disney and I would always just say "But I will remember it and that is what is important".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter