Infestation at AKL- any info?

Thanks mapmaker.

There's no reason for some of the snarkiness exhibited in this thread by the way... lol. Bedbugs are a legitimate concern, especially considering that exterminating them is darn near impossible and a very expensive process to boot (sometimes running into the thousands of dollars). So I don't think it's a totally irrational phobia. Will I stop traveling because of it? No. I've spent months backpacking all over Europe, staying in hostels, and never encountered bedbugs but that doesn't mean it isn't something to worry about.

we had a scare at movies this month. we checked in on the 30th. went to the parks, slept, got up left the 1st came back and as i pulled back my sheets i noticed red things on the bed!!!!:scared1: to me it looked like flecks of dried blood, but i wasnt sure.

so of course i typically freaked out! lol we called the front desk who said strip the bedding, and what do you want new sheets?

so when this wonderful cm came to our room to get them she though someone had been sick, and we whispered it and she said oh do you wnat us to call and have our team check it out? so we did, two different guys came in. one was a manger who worked at dis for 30 years. he explained to us thier system of checking it all systematically and then if it did turn out ot be bb's theyd take all of our belongings and treat them with heat that the bugs could not withstand. 20 minutes later a guy was leaving the gf after and inspection there and was over to literally rip apart our beds. sheets, bed, bed frame he even checked the walls.

they were very through, and attributed the flecks of whatever to something from the racks being outside. they were wonderful, had mousekeeping come rite over and make our beds with new linens. it was a late nite, the cms handled it wonderfully- with the exception of the front desk- the first gentleman was very chatty and pleasant. it was clear to me disney doenst take any sign of an infestiation too litely! i'll never know what it was but i rested a lot better after they checked!

just be careful. check everything, as yes they can travel home on your luggage. take a flashlite too, as they often doint come out until the room is dark.

on a side note this chatty gentleman we spoke with told us there was a couple in there at one point who had them, told them as they were checkign out, didnt want thier items sanitized, and were heading for their plane. he had to call the airlines to warn them about these peoples luggage. can you imagine?

we had a scare at movies this month. we checked in on the 30th. went to the parks, slept, got up left the 1st came back and as i pulled back my sheets i noticed red things on the bed!!!!:scared1: to me it looked like flecks of dried blood, but i wasnt sure.

so of course i typically freaked out! lol we called the front desk who said strip the bedding, and what do you want new sheets?

so when this wonderful cm came to our room to get them she though someone had been sick, and we whispered it and she said oh do you wnat us to call and have our team check it out? so we did, two different guys came in. one was a manger who worked at dis for 30 years. he explained to us thier system of checking it all systematically and then if it did turn out ot be bb's theyd take all of our belongings and treat them with heat that the bugs could not withstand. 20 minutes later a guy was leaving the gf after and inspection there and was over to literally rip apart our beds. sheets, bed, bed frame he even checked the walls.

they were very through, and attributed the flecks of whatever to something from the racks being outside. they were wonderful, had mousekeeping come rite over and make our beds with new linens. it was a late nite, the cms handled it wonderfully- with the exception of the front desk- the first gentleman was very chatty and pleasant. it was clear to me disney doenst take any sign of an infestiation too litely! i'll never know what it was but i rested a lot better after they checked!

just be careful. check everything, as yes they can travel home on your luggage. take a flashlite too, as they often doint come out until the room is dark.

on a side note this chatty gentleman we spoke with told us there was a couple in there at one point who had them, told them as they were checkign out, didnt want thier items sanitized, and were heading for their plane. he had to call the airlines to warn them about these peoples luggage. can you imagine?

Wow thanks for the post! I have been on these boards a while, and have read MANY bedbug posts/questions...but this was the first time I have gotten to read what Disney does to check. Very informative. I'm terrified of the things personally :scared1: but I still travel and we do check the mattresses.

Many thanks. 4 days until I walk into the Polynesian Lobby....:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Wow thanks for the post! I have been on these boards a while, and have read MANY bedbug posts/questions...but this was the first time I have gotten to read what Disney does to check. Very informative. I'm terrified of the things personally :scared1: but I still travel and we do check the mattresses.

Many thanks. 4 days until I walk into the Polynesian Lobby....:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

no problem! the first guy had a little blue lite to check and the other had a larger one to make a good scan.

it never hurts to be too careful- esp now a days when these things are making a comeback. i check every room im in to the best of my ability.

have a wonderful trip a the poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter