Infants in WDW Restaurants

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
I called WDW to make dining reservations for 6 adults and 2 children. The children will be 5 and 2 during our stay. When I viewed the reservations at My Disney Experience it showed 8 adults on the reservations. I called to inquire about why it would show adults when there are 6 adults and 2 children. The cm I spoke to said that children 3 and under eat free. She said that she would adjust the reservations. Now the reservations at My Disney Experience show 6 adults and 1 child. No mention of the 2 year old. Should I be worried that the reservations seem messed up? I found it extremely difficult to get the reservations that I did.

They need the number of actual humans, not just the number of diners. They do not differentiate between children and adults for reservation purposes. Your ADR should be for 8 people. You shouldn't have called and had the CM adjust the reservation.

The CM you spoke to likely meant well, but the action she took was incorrect. Regardless of what the reservations say, you will not be charged adult price for the children - but they do need to reflect your full party of 8 people. I hope you're able to get them fixed.

Yep - everybody should have been listed on the reservation, including the infant. Unless it's a prepaid reservation, whether they are listed as children, infants or adults on MDX makes no difference whatsoever as to what would happen when you arrived at the restaurant. All you would have to do is say you actually have x adults, x children and x infants and ask for a high chair if you needed one. Now they've got you down as a party of 7, not a party of 8. Most likely that will not be an issue either but you might want to try and have it fixed.

Children under 3 can be said to "eat free" at buffets, all you can eat and fixed price restaurants, anywhere else you would have to share with them or purchase a meal for them. But whether they eat, are paid for, or not has no relevance to reservations. A restaurant reservation must be for the number of bodies attending, whether they are eating, paying, or just sitting.

Last edited:

If it is a prepaid meal, like CRT, dinner shows, etc. then it matters whether they are listed as children or adults because you are charged ahead of time based on that. But for a normal ADR, they just need a total head-count. The server will charge you based on who is physically sitting at the table - I don't think they even see what the reservation was for.

So it looks like you now have an ADR for 7, when you actually have 8. I would try to get it fixed before you go. If you can't, they will likely let you have the extra person anyway, since a party of 7 would usually be seated at an 8-top. But, being a paranoid person, I would worry the whole time that someone would be turned away if I didn't have it right.

All fixed! The CM I spoke to last night had no idea what the other CM was thinking when she made those changes. We now have the right number of guests for each dining reservation. Thanks to all who responded.

Glad you got it fixed. If it makes you feel any better, about half of my ADR's show 2 adults, 1 child, and the other half show 3 adults. I just thought it was yet another glitch.

Mine all say, 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 infant.
I made them online with all the age (birthdays for kids) info already input from a previously planned trip, so when I clicked on DD, it took note that she's under 3.

1) Children, even babies, count in the headcount for the table.
2) If incorrect, they might not be able to accommodate the group.
3) PLEASE call back and have both kids added back onto the ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter