Infant swim floats in resort pools?

designermv

Also cute and fluffy!
We'll be headed down to the Poly in late April, and I'd like to take my baby in the pool (properly fitted in her swim diapers and covered head to toe in sunscreen, of course ;) ) if it's hot out. I know pool toys are a no-no, but what is the policy on those infant swim float thingies? I am thinking of something like this.

Thanks!

I don't think they are allowed. I have seen lifeguards at the Poly stop parents from using them. I believe it's because it makes it too easy for parents to not be as alert or watchful. At our gym pool they are not allowed for that reason either.

That makes sense. I'll see if I can find a sling that is pool-friendly. Thanks!

That makes sense. I'll see if I can find a sling that is pool-friendly. Thanks!

Good luck! I know I loved using those baby floaties in our own pool. It let the little ones kick their legs and the overhead canopy protected from the sun. Unfortunately, some people use it as a baby sitter and ruin it for all the parents that actually watch their children in them.

I used my Baby Bjorn in the pool and it worked just fine. I just air dried it after the swim and it worked great!!

We too are headed down in April, and I had no idea you could not have pool floats. Does this include arm floaties and swim ring for 4-year olds? Are no type of baby floats allowed? Our youngest will be 1 year old and would love kicking around in one of those baby floats.

I'll probably see you in the pool!! We're going at the end of April and my daughter will be 9 months old at the time.

I just called Polynesian Resort. The gentleman was super nice and looked up the pool policy and read me a list of all approved pool floats. Floatation devices are permited, just not hard plastic toys or rafts. WHEW! this had me worried. I hope he know what he is talking about.

I just called Polynesian Resort. The gentleman was super nice and looked up the pool policy and read me a list of all approved pool floats. Floatation devices are permited, just not hard plastic toys or rafts. WHEW! this had me worried. I hope he know what he is talking about.

Was this the lifeguards you spoke with? Just wondering if the policy had changed. We go the Poly twice a year and it never fails each trip to see parents being asked to remove the baby floaties out of the pool. Maybe it depends on the lifeguard too. I've seen both hard floaties and the cloth round ones being removed. Hopefully the gentleman you spoke with is correct. :)

Luckily, we have been out of the floatie stage for many years. :thumbsup2

Each room allows you access to life jackets for your little one and I know that there are approved floaties. There are baby and todler life jackets as well that you are able to use for lenght of stay. My GS was almost 3 and did not want to stay in the baby pool or be carried in the big pool all the time. We went with the Life jacket. I did see arm floaties and others on some of the other kids. I believe you should be ok with what you bring from home. If not then the life jacket is included in your room fees.:)

He actually went off the slide twice. He is a little dare devil.

I believe arm floaties, pool noodles and the Disney life jackets are what are approved.

It if is NOT busy, the lifeguards may allow other floats in, but generally you should not expect that they would allow other floats --- floats block the view to the bottom of the pool, so it is a safety issue. Imagine if every baby/kid had a float -- you would never see the bottom of the pool.

I agree the pool could get very congested with a bunch of floating babies. :lmao:

I think I'm going to get one of these. She loves to kick, so this will still give her the freedom to do so.

Edited to add: Baby will only be 5 mos. old so I think she's too young for a life jacket to fit properly.

No, it was not a lifeguard I spoke with, it was the front desk. He said he was looking up their policy, but if some of you have saw the lifeguards not allowing the floats then maybe they have their own policy???:confused3

We bought DD one of those one piece suits with the floatie material built in the front and back. Sometimes I question doing that though, it is hard to get her out of the water at Disney or home now.

Thats funny,,,we have used the same floaty as the OP suggested 3 times in the last year and a half at POP and Poly and never once told we couldnt.!! I am heading down in May to CBR and will be taking it with me again until told otherwise. I mean really...babies blocking up the pools with thier pool floats!!!!!!:rotfl2: oh forgot to mention..we also use the little boat with the canopy for my toddler also that we bought out ot wallmart and havent had a thing said about that either.

Thats funny,,,we have used the same floaty as the OP suggested 3 times in the last year and a half at POP and Poly and never once told we couldnt.!! I am heading down in May to CBR and will be taking it with me again until told otherwise. I mean really...babies blocking up the pools with thier pool floats!!!!!!:rotfl2: oh forgot to mention..we also use the little boat with the canopy for my toddler also that we bought out ot wallmart and havent had a thing said about that either.

Its not the blocking of the pools, it is that the lifeguards can't see under them to see the bottom of the pool which they MUST be able to do at all times. The babies in the swim floats like those are USUALLY ALLOWED as long as there aren't tons of them in the pool at any given time.Disney lifeguards reserve the right to approve or DENY the use of any float like that at anytime

when we were at the Poly in Sept/Oct they let us bring in a small round float that we put DD into - she didn't like it so we barely used it - but they never said anything about it. I think something small (preferably clear so they can see around/past it) they probably won't say anything unless it is really crowded.

When we stayed at Kidani Village last July, I showed the lifeguard the swim rings I'd brought for the kids (on the off-chance we'd be allowed to used them).

The lifeguard said the tubes were NOT allowed once the guards came on duty at 10am, but that I was welcome to use the tubes before the guards came on duty. :rolleyes1

We used an inflatable spiderman ring at AS Sports a few years back. We also had those water balls you can toss. The next year we used the arm rings at AS Movies. I believe they sold noodles in the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter