infant on dining reservation?

mrscoffeekinz

Earning My Ears
Would I be turned away from my reservation if we didn't count our 9 week old? We plan to wear her in a carrier the entire time (she loves it) so it's not like we need a high chair or space for her. I know that officially you are supposed to count them but I am thinking this is to accomodate space for stroller/highchair/whatever. Counting baby in our total is limiting my dining choices as far as availability but I don't want to show up with baby in the sling and be told we can't all eat! Thanks for any experience you can share on this~

Would I be turned away from my reservation if we didn't count our 9 week old? We plan to wear her in a carrier the entire time (she loves it) so it's not like we need a high chair or space for her. I know that officially you are supposed to count them but I am thinking this is to accomodate space for stroller/highchair/whatever. Counting baby in our total is limiting my dining choices as far as availability but I don't want to show up with baby in the sling and be told we can't all eat! Thanks for any experience you can share on this~

The baby must be counted. It is not just for table size but also for occupancy levels.

You probably won't be turned away but the baby counts as a person, no matter how small they are or whether or not they need a chair. When you show up with the baby your party size is going to change. If, by chance, the restaurant is full to capacity for fire codes, you won't be admitted with an extra person. It's very rare but it does happen sometimes.

If at all possible I would count the baby, but if you can't get the ADR that way, chances are you will be fine if you don't, unless the restaurant truly is at capacity, which honestly I have never seen happen (not saying it doesn't, just that it can't be that common).

I didn't count my 2-week old nephew for an ADR at 1900PF in March b/c I didn't know my sister was going to bring him. When I checked in I just told them we also had a newborn with us, and they changed our party size from 6 to 7 without even blinking an eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter