• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Infamous PIN brochures

jscunningham699

Mouseketeer
So, I just received a brochure from Disney about a 35% discount on hotels for certain dates. Of course it says the discount is taken off the "non-discounted" room rates. is this really worth it? Anyone have experience with these "PIN" brochures? Please share.

You can get that discount without the PIN, I believe. Or at least our travel agent got us that discount. We're saving $200 over 4 nights. Not too bad. :)

My friend got this too. It's true that SOME nights are already 35% according to the website but not all of them. For instance, ours was NOT advertised on the special, but the PIN code my friends (who have stayed onsite before) got one that DID include our stay in May.

However, I do agree that it's not likely that 35% is off the value resorts and I couldn't even find them available for my dates.

On the other hand, I am pricing out an incredible 4 bed 3 bath home for our group of 11 for the 3 nights before the cruise and 2 nights after the cruise, and the total is coming to less than $25 per person per day total taxes fees etc! Has a full kitchen, its own screened in pool, laundry rooms and is VERY nice with granite etc. I just don't think I can beat that with your average hotel either. 9 mins from Disney...

I'm seriously tempted to put the deposit down on it. Not getting a consecutive number of days (because cruise is in the middle) is unusual and this is the same house both weekends...

TwinPrincessMermaids said:
My friend got this too. It's true that SOME nights are already 35% according to the website but not all of them. For instance, ours was NOT advertised on the special, but the PIN code my friends (who have stayed onsite before) got one that DID include our stay in May.

However, I do agree that it's not likely that 35% is off the value resorts and I couldn't even find them available for my dates.

On the other hand, I am pricing out an incredible 4 bed 3 bath home for our group of 11 for the 3 nights before the cruise and 2 nights after the cruise, and the total is coming to less than $25 per person per day total taxes fees etc! Has a full kitchen, its own screened in pool, laundry rooms and is VERY nice with granite etc. I just don't think I can beat that with your average hotel either. 9 mins from Disney...

I'm seriously tempted to put the deposit down on it. Not getting a consecutive number of days (because cruise is in the middle) is unusual and this is the same house both weekends...

Only downfall to not staying on-site is traffic + parking.
Did you factor in parking costs x however many cars it takes to get to the park?
Assuming you are doing park days..?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter