Inexpensive yet durable outdoor rug?

mermaidwannabe

DIS Veteran
We are finally building our deck this year and just bought some Adirondack furniture from Costco. Since the furniture is wood as is the deck, I'd like to brighten things up with an outdoor rug that won't break the bank but is durable. I found a cute striped one at Walmart.com, but reviews said the colors bled after it rained. I've looked at lowes.com, homedepot, target, pier one and world market, but not having any luck finding a multi colored one that will go with my yellow house. Anyone have any recommendations? Really want to stick around $75. Thanks!

We are finally building our deck this year and just bought some Adirondack furniture from Costco. Since the furniture is wood as is the deck, I'd like to brighten things up with an outdoor rug that won't break the bank but is durable. I found a cute striped one at Walmart.com, but reviews said the colors bled after it rained. I've looked at lowes.com, homedepot, target, pier one and world market, but not having any luck finding a multi colored one that will go with my yellow house. Anyone have any recommendations? Really want to stick around $75. Thanks!

Last year I bought 2rugs that are made from recycled plastic bottles. One is in my kitchen and the other was on my back porch until the dog decided to start chewing on it. They are easy to clean and the colors do not appear to be fading yet. I got mine from a store that speCializes in recycled stuff, but I found this website that has rugs that look similar.
http://outdoorrugsonly.com/mad-mats-outdoor-rugs.php

Last year I bought 2rugs that are made from recycled plastic bottles. One is in my kitchen and the other was on my back porch until the dog decided to start chewing on it. They are easy to clean and the colors do not appear to be fading yet. I got mine from a store that speCializes in recycled stuff, but I found this website that has rugs that look similar.
http://outdoorrugsonly.com/mad-mats-outdoor-rugs.php

Thank you! They say they are made out of straws and wondered if they were soft rugs - are yours that are made out of bottles? I love that they say they are easy to clean and of course that they are recycled. Thank you for the link!

I bought one online from OneKingsLane and have really enjoyed it. It is not too rough and very durable ( I have it in a high traffic area! ) They had great prices and interesting designs!

If you have a Big Lots close check them. They get them in every year but they do go fast. We have one that has held up and not faded.

I got mine four years ago at Target and they have held up great. One is a little faded, but not too bad. I got them at the end of the season so they were a bargain at 75% off.

Thank you! Will check out Target and QVC. I looked at OneKingsLane and really liked some but they were still a little out of my price range. No Big Lots here. Should have looked for this at end of season last year but wasn't sure if we would do the deck. Thank you!

I was going to second checking Big Lots if you have one near you. I was there the other day looking for one and they didn't have the one I wanted but they did have a nice yello print Waverly brand one.

watch Costco -- I remember our local one has some outdoor area rugs in the summer.

Love Costco and will keep eye out there. Overstock.com is a good idea too. I have my eye on a Fab Mat but don't want to pay $100 so Costco and Overstock would be cheaper. Thanks for the ideas!

Costco.com has nice outdoor rugs under $75, just bought their cabana stripe rug, very nice quality and quick shipment. Love that if you are not happy with it for any reason you can return to your local Costco for full refund. Check them out!

Costco.com has nice outdoor rugs under $75, just bought their cabana stripe rug, very nice quality and quick shipment. Love that if you are not happy with it for any reason you can return to your local Costco for full refund. Check them out!

Thank you will look online! Great price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter