Inexpensive way to keep toddlers occupied in the car.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
For those long drives (for some of us) to WDW:

I made a picture book for my DD-2. At the dollar store I bought a mini photo album, the kind you slide pictures into a pocket. Then I searched magazines, etc. for pictures of things that she likes and used doublesided tape to secure the pictures in the pockets.. Here is what makes it better than a store-bought book-- you customize it to your child. This keeps the toddler interested in the book longer. For my DD I cut out pics of her favorite foods, toys, TV and of course, Disney, characters, etc. It takes a bit of time but the total cost of $1 is well worth it when you get a few minutes of quiet in the car!:)

another idea when you stop on your breaks. I always pack one of those blow up beach balls. It takes up no room since you deflate it to pack it and when you stop it's easy to blow up and lets the little ones run around and chase it to get all the energy out and stretch those little legs. Deflate it when your done and you are all set. I also bring these to outdoor concerts to keep the little one busy.

My parents used to fight over who had to ride with me when we traveled. We would go to the beach in different cars. It seems I would never shut up. Chatty Cathy to the max.

So I guess it was never an issue for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter