Inexpensive Tinkerbell Costume

FLAngie

DIS Veteran
My DD5 is a complete Tinkerbell fan. She has decided that she wants to be tinkerbell for Halloween and I agreed thinking that it should be no problem. That was until I saw how much they are charging for tinkerbell costumes this year:scared1: She needs a size 8-10 (she is very tall and the 7/8 in the store was not long enough) and I haven't been able to find one in the local stores in that size. I have looked online, but with costume cost, wings and s&h it is well over $50! Anyone have any ideas on where to look next? Or has anyone seen any at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Did you check places like party city? Target? Walmart? My oldest was tink one year and I know that I found lots of places that sold a tink costume fairly cheap.

Of couse, youngest DD decided she wanted alice in wonderland and I couldn't find it anywhere but the disney store. Thankfully, it was 40% off, but it still was a little more than I wanted to spend. At least I could rationalize it since she just turning 4 and is still into playing dress-up so I'm sure she will use it after halloween.

Good luck on your search! I would try the party stores first. Actually, I *think* I might have seen a tink costume at TJmaxx. Not sure on the price though.

You could try eBay. I just sold my daughter's 2T tinkerbell soctume for $17.00 on there. Most people are still selling Halloween up until the 20th or so. GL!

We do not have a party city. I did try Wal-mart, Target, Toysrus, and BJ's but none of them carry the larger size. That is how I found out that the 7/8 will not fit her. I didn't think of trying TJMaxx. Thanks! I will definitely make a stop there. I have even tried to find just a plain green leotard locally that I could 'try':laughing: to decorate for her with no luck.

Any other ideas?

I am making my own Tink costume and just bought everything for it last night, so here is my rundown: Please note that my sewing skills don't go much beyond hems and buttons, but I can handle what I have outlined below.

I bought a couple of yards of green netting at Joanne fabric for $1.20 a yard, matching thread for $1.59 and a small package of elastic for 99 cents. My plan is to attach the netting to the elastic to make an overskirt and then wear it over a pair of light colored running short I already own. For my top, I am wearing a white long sleeve round neck shirt.

My wings were my big purchase - I went all out and bought real Tink wings at the Disney Store for $14.99 on sale, but you can get inexpensive ones from Target. I wanted the Tink ones because they light up :cool1:

For your little girl a leotard would work to cover top/bottom and you could add tights if you live where it is cold.

Good luck!

Have you tried KMart? I was there the yesterday and noticed they had a tinkerbell costume, it looked cute. I didn't see the price-I was picking up my son a werewolf costume. They also had all Halloween costumes 25% off. Hope this helps!

My daughter was Tink last Halloween. I made her a green tulle tutu using this tutorial http://www.gophotography.com/tutu/
I added a green shirt and wings from Party City. There are also many tutorials out there for fairy wings made from clothes hangers and tights.

Do you have a Dollar General in your area? Ours had a Tink costume for $10 or $12 including wings and were in girls not toddler sizes

My DD originally wanted to be Tinkerbell for Halloween this year. I found the perfect color t-shirt for 3.00 at Goodwill.

Then we went to the fabric store and matched the t-shirt color with a couple of yards of green fabric and an overlay fabric. The intention was I was going to make the skirt using elastic waistband material and the fabric.

Well since the fabric wasn't on sale I decided to wait - good thing since she later changed her mind.

I had planned to also pick up wings from the Disney Store using a 15% off coupon I have. I saw some at Party City last week that would have worked too.

It's really easy to whip something up. Even a pair of green shorts and green tights would work if you didn't want to sew something.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. If we don't find one, I know that I can make one pretty easily now. I loved the tutorial on how to make the skirt.... Even I could make that one!

Your location is in Central FL, have your tried the Character Warehouse at the Outlet mall? I'm near Tampa and we have a CW in our outlet mall. They have Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Wedding Ariel, Jasmine and Tink all for $21.99. They are last years park dresses, but it's a great price and they mostly had bigger sizes in mine.

Your location is in Central FL, have your tried the Character Warehouse at the Outlet mall? I'm near Tampa and we have a CW in our outlet mall. They have Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Wedding Ariel, Jasmine and Tink all for $21.99. They are last years park dresses, but it's a great price and they mostly had bigger sizes in mine.

I am over on the east coast in Brevard County. Do you know where there is a CW near Orlando.

There are three Disney outlets near the parks, I'm not sure if any of them have closed recently.

Disney's Character Premiere at the Orlando Premium Outlets

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney's Character Warehouse at Prime Outlets International

Disney's Character Corner at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores

The outlet here where I saw the dresses was the Character Warehouse.
[/FONT]

I think there is one at the Belz mall off I-4. Another place you might try is the outlet mall off 535 (Near DTD).

The Belz Mall is no more, it's called Prime Outlets International now, that's the one I mentioned with the I-Drive address.

The one off of 535 is the Orlando Premium Outlets one I mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter