Inexpensive Paris theme party ideas

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
DD wants a Paris Party theme Party ideas needed for
-food
-dessert bar
-homemade decorations

main colors are light pink, black
favor tins are sliver so would like add some sliver and another easy color would be white.
so
-black
-light pink
-sliver
-white

Food
appetizers
-bruschetta with tomato topping-anyone have a good recipe or can I buy bruschetta already made that's good?

we were thinking pasta
1.kinda like lasagna but its with a penne or rigatoni noodle type
-ground beef , sauce, mozzarella, noodles

2. chicken alfredo but with a penne type noodle maybe broccoli not sure yet

3.spaghtetti

-salad
-rolls

Dessert bar
=sugar cookies of Eiffel tower pink and black
=sugar cookie with pink icing and dd name
=brownie bites
=cake pops (maybe)
=white and pink chocolate covered popcorn
any other easy and inexpensive desserts that are brown/black pink or white

After looking at everything I thought wait that's Italian food-lol!

any tips or ideas? Do you think the food items would be budget friendly for 40 people? I know I can buy large prego jars of sauce but dd likes the Prego alfredo sauce and I've only seen those in small jars. Cheapest I've seen prego alfredo sauce is 2 for $4 so $2 each

or 2nd choice
1.croissants
=pasta salad
=macaroni salad
=chips
=dip
=fruit
plus dessert bar

I love Paris themes. Pinterest has lots of ideas. We do Christmas around the world where I teach and my grade does France. We made our hallway look like store fronts and window shops, which was super cute. Try pinterest for some ideas. Have fun planning!!!!:goodvibes

How about Croque Monsieurs or Croque Madames as the main meal dish? It shouldn't run you much more than the pasta dishes (they are just ham, cheese, and sauce with egg or no egg) and it's very French. For an even cheaper option, an assortment of homemade quiches are VERY inexpensive...

And for the dessert, how about a chocolate mousse? Again, it should be pretty cheap for 40 and completely French (and girls love chocolate:).

What about loaves of French bread, blocks of cheese, a large salad and some kind of chicken or meat. You could make chocolate covered oreos using pink melting chocolate, I would use the white oreos. How about setting up a photo area with a French backdrop and have some fun props. :)

ok maybe not french food but easy French desserts?? Food wise we have a few picky eaters and dd is one-lol!

@twomisfits-the Croque Monsieurs look good but might be more work for me since we have men coming too! I want to make a meal and put it out and everyone can serve themselves. I think the guys will have me making more and more. Don't think my guest will like quiches

How old is your dd?

Photo booth with props is very much in style right now. You can do props, like a speech bubble that says bonjour, mustaches, top hats, Eiffel towers, have boas, hats, big glasses, etc all that could come from the dollar store or homemade props and background.

Macarons are very French, but can err on the expensive side. Also things like mousse, etc. if you look at the menu for the French bakery at Epcot, you may get some more ideas. Also fondue?

You can do sparkling grape juice in champagne flutes, or a fun other mock tail. Girls love this type of thing. One we used during recruitment was ginger ale with raspberry lemonade, served it champagne flutes. It was really good and everyone loved it.

Also since Paris is the city of lights, do things like Christmas lights around the room and tissue paper flowers are also easy and cheap to make. (Similar to paper lanterns, party city has some if you want to get an idea or buy one to use as a template)

ETA: you can always buy plastic champagne flutes which are cheaper and less dangerous

If quiches are unwanted and croque monsieurs too much...how about a Pain Perdu casserole (Aka French Toast Casserole:)...Way inexpensive and you could serve with savory and fruity sides...

Oh, and to go with chocolate mousse, another very cool, very cheap dessert are meringues (which can be colored any color with food coloring). You'd have to have a dry day to make them, but they are so easy and so cheap...

Chocolate truffles and multi-colored petit fours would also be beautiful. You can cheat with petit fours by making a single glaze, splitting it up, dying it different colors, and glazing multiple different cakes...

You should have a crepe bar with all sorts of options for fillings. It's cheap, easy and a lot of fun because you can try so many different things. Crock monsieur are also easy and delicious. You could also make a galette des rois. Easy to do and they are ever so good.

I was thinking about crepes too, but I was on my phone on my last response.
OP, you can also do tarte flambee which is kind of like a pizza with no sauce.

How old is your dd?

Photo booth with props is very much in style right now. You can do props, like a speech bubble that says bonjour, mustaches, top hats, Eiffel towers, have boas, hats, big glasses, etc all that could come from the dollar store or homemade props and background.

Macarons are very French, but can err on the expensive side. Also things like mousse, etc. if you look at the menu for the French bakery at Epcot, you may get some more ideas. Also fondue?

You can do sparkling grape juice in champagne flutes, or a fun other mock tail. Girls love this type of thing. One we used during recruitment was ginger ale with raspberry lemonade, served it champagne flutes. It was really good and everyone loved it.

Also since Paris is the city of lights, do things like Christmas lights around the room and tissue paper flowers are also easy and cheap to make. (Similar to paper lanterns, party city has some if you want to get an idea or buy one to use as a template)

ETA: you can always buy plastic champagne flutes which are cheaper and less dangerous
DD is a teen. Party is next month and the weather will be a big factor in a lot of things. Last year was the first time we ever had to deal with rain and let me tell you it POURED!!!!! We had 30 people show up and we had to have the party inside our house. It was a tight fit because we have 3-4 tables in our dining/kitchen area. Lucky that area is long and big but it was till tight and we had people in the living room. Photo booth would be fun but if it rains theres no room for it. I do love the lights all across the dining room area if its in the house. We have adult men, women, a few kids and maybe 3-4 teens. Its only family and family that like to eat!

If quiches are unwanted and croque monsieurs too much...how about a Pain Perdu casserole (Aka French Toast Casserole:)...Way inexpensive and you could serve with savory and fruity sides...

Oh, and to go with chocolate mousse, another very cool, very cheap dessert are meringues (which can be colored any color with food coloring). You'd have to have a dry day to make them, but they are so easy and so cheap...

Chocolate truffles and multi-colored petit fours would also be beautiful. You can cheat with petit fours by making a single glaze, splitting it up, dying it different colors, and glazing multiple different cakes...

I like the petit fours idea. I will be doing all the baking myself. I'm pretty much solo except dd and dh so easy simple treats. I'm taking the day off before so I have some time. The fancy sugar cookies can be rolled out 2 weeks ahead and frozen until baking. Then I figure I would bake a few days before and decorate and store in rubber maid container. Not sure how far inadvance brownies can be made and stored.

friend told me to buy big box of rice krispy bars at sams/Costco then 1/2 dip it in pink

just checked out pinterest for easy desserts
found
-pink and white dipped pretzels
-Oreo dipped half way in pink chocolate and pink sugar sprinkled on top
-dipped large marshmallows

btw - did I mention she wants me to bake her a 3 layer cake too-lol! She wants one layer to be that fancy diamond with pearls. I love my DD. She thinks I'm the best at baking goodies but I'm no a cake maker so I'm worried. I know it will be special to her if I can pull off the cake she wants. I know it can be done but will be harder using butter cream, she's not a fan of fondant. poor kid, she keeps telling me just make it simple because she doesn't want me to stress out, if she only knew-lol!

any cake bakers out there that can give me ideas or tips? I bought the plastic diamond thingy template.
do I bake the cake the day before , let cool than decorate by afternoon. Can I leave the cake out if I use a buttercream or do I need to out in the fridge? Party will be around 1-1:30

I am so not a baker but I have made a few shark cakes for ds pool parties. I have made the cake the day before and cut it to the shape I need then do a thin layer of frosting then let it sit overnight. The next day I put the final layer of frosting on and it always looks smooth and no crumbs. I watch lots of youtube tutorials that show you all the tricks to make a perfect cake. You can do it:thumbsup2

What about fondue? Cheese, bread, fresh veggies, apples.... Fun too!
You do do chocolate fondue for dessert with marshmallows, pound cake, strawberries, brownies to dip. Might be a bit too expensive for a large party though...

Day or night-time party?

Assortment of cheeses and baguettes? Ham and cheese sandwiches on baguettes? Pate appetizers? Crepes are very French but would be a lot of work at the party - not sure how they would hold up if made ahead of time. Could do savory and sweet. Roast (in the crock pot for ease). Grape juice, ginger ale, or cider for kids, wine for adults. Or just make her favorite food and be done!

Are you a Sam's Club member? They had a package of macaroons there yesterday in the fridge section. Not sure price/number in package.

For the cake, I'd check Target/Giant/Publix grocery store near you. Stacking a cake requires the supports (at least after 2) and can be purchased at Michaels or AC Moore. The grocery store might have a great version of what she wants for around $40-45. A great deal when you figure cost and time involved.

Your food ideas are not French at all. They are Italian.

That's what I s thinking too!

Op, are you a Sam's club member? Mine had macaroons in with their frozen desserts. I've never had them (the frozen ones) so I can't say if they are any good or not but they are colorful and you can't get much more French than a display of colorful macarons.

Cheese, breads, meat platters (especially ham)seemed to be everywhere in Paris.
It's a running joke between the people I traveled there with.

I would really really really urge you to rethink your food! Serving Italian food at French themed party would really kill the theme pretty quick! French food does not have to be as fancy pants as I am sure you are thinking.

Since it is an afternoon party your choice can be light afternoon at a cafeish. French Baguettes spread with butter and filled with Ham and Cheese, Fresh Salad with hard boiled egg etc. Maybe croissants filled with chicken and/or egg salad? Simple but in theme!

You can even work the whole Paris cafe thing in to your theme, I did this for a tea party and the results were beyond cute! We made black and white striped valances out of foam core and duck tape and hung them in the house. We also strung fairy lights to make it look more like an outdoor cafe.
Good luck and have fun!

I would really really really urge you to rethink your food! Serving Italian food at French themed party would really kill the theme pretty quick! French food does not have to be as fancy pants as I am sure you are thinking.

Since it is an afternoon party your choice can be light afternoon at a cafeish. French Baguettes spread with butter and filled with Ham and Cheese, Fresh Salad with hard boiled egg etc. Maybe croissants filled with chicken and/or egg salad? Simple but in theme!

You can even work the whole Paris cafe thing in to your theme, I did this for a tea party and the results were beyond cute! We made black and white striped valances out of foam core and duck tape and hung them in the house. We also strung fairy lights to make it look more like an outdoor cafe.
Good luck and have fun!

I really like the cafe idea. I would add grapes and chocolate covered strawberries. I got a 3 layer rectangular cake from my local grocery store. The layers sat directly on top of the layer below and it would make a beautiful cake for a girl's birthday with pink roses and pearls.

If you insist on Italian food, you could do a European theme instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter