• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inexpensive Floral Options

phillyflygrl10

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for inexpensive floral options offered by the Disney florist. I was thinking simple hydrangea centerpieces for my summer wedding, any other ideas?

Bowls filled with floating candles and rose petals or cranberries are always a less expensive but beautiful option...or just some beautiful lanterns with some ivy (or without) can really add ambience...

Just a little help here- Hydrangea are not inexpensive. My centerpieces had hydrangea as well as my bm bouquets and they were just as pricey if not more expensive than roses because they are so delicate. So only use them if you love them!

I love the different height cylinders filled with rose petals and floating candles! Also bowls filled with floating roses and candles are beautiful and mangeable. I know luvndisney had her wedding at the living seas and used beautiful bowls with floating roses and candles! I'll see if I can find the link.

here is a link with some centerpiece ideas. In it i posted some of my pics and ideas:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1368369&page=4&highlight=centerpieces

This might sound silly...but it's actually really pretty...use fruits and vegetables as a part of your center pieces. They are much cheaper, and easier to come by for the florist, as well as being unique and pretty...I think that a bowl of lemons, and limes would be a really pretty center piece for the summer time.
table1w.jpg

Moonpie I agree I love that look! Since I had a summer wedding and I was using pinks and greens I asked Disney to throw in some fresh limes! Lemons and oranges are great for the summer as well!

After we got our Disney Floral estimate for over half our intended wedding budget :scared1: we asked for less expensive options. They sent us a few pictures and the nicest one was floating candles with petals on the table. Here's a picture of how they turned out (a little hard to see, with the champagne glasses in front, but you get the idea).

flowers-1.jpg

The funny thing was, we originally wanted flowers as the centerpieces, and went with this b/c it was cheaper, and my mom said to me at the reception, "I'm so glad you did this instead of flowers, it's so much nicer!" (She didn't know the price of either!)

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the floating candle centerpieces and did you have to pay extra for a colored tablecloth?

those are the centre peices I love and hoping to have, I too would love to know how much they are

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter