Inexpensive car seat for toddler?

2binak

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We will be using a car for at least part of our trip in Nov. We have a Britax Marathon but don't want to chance it getting damaged on our flights. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive but safe car seat for a 20 month old? Thanks!

We have two Alpha Omega seats and I wasn't going to travel with those! We bought a Cosco Serena seat. It's the lightest air travel approved seat on the market! We paid $85 CDN for it at Wal Mart.

Thanks! I should add that we won't be using the seat on the plane since DD will be flying as a lap baby and we don't want to gate check the seat since I have surgical metal and have to get extra screening which leaves poor DH to wrangle a toddler and gather all of our belongings (carry ons & stroller) from the conveyor belt. I don't want to add another thing to the list of things he'll have to keep track of, not to mention lugging a seat through the airport. So we're looking for something inexpensive that can be checked as checked luggage.

I purchased the Cosco Scenera back in May when we went down to Disney. I believe i payed about $40 for it at Kmart or Walmart but i believe the regular price is about $50....still a great dealed compared to what i paid for my Britax.

Thanks! I should add that we won't be using the seat on the plane since DD will be flying as a lap baby and we don't want to gate check the seat since I have surgical metal and have to get extra screening which leaves poor DH to wrangle a toddler and gather all of our belongings (carry ons & stroller) from the conveyor belt. I don't want to add another thing to the list of things he'll have to keep track of, not to mention lugging a seat through the airport. So we're looking for something inexpensive that can be checked as checked luggage.

My Serena came with a travel bag too so that would help when checking it!

Thanks all! I've been reading up on the Scenera and it seems like it would be a good seat for this trip.

Yup, I was going to recommend the Cosco Scenra. They've been on sale recently at Kmart, Target and Walmart. You can check their websites. Also check online stores such as diapers.com and babycatalogue.com. You should also be able to find online coupons for them!

HTH! :wizard:

Yep, I have a Cosco Scenera for travel, too.

Just be forewarned that it's not nearly as plush as the Marathon. My DS couldn't stand a ton of time in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter