INDO good DL dicounts, deals, or freebies..

Im extremely sry.. WOW... I will not be dishonest about ANYTHING.. i will check into the HoJO.. We can Afford DL, but we are a family of 5 and with gas 4$ a gasllon here.. and we have to drive 11 hours to DL.. we are looking ofr any Dicount/deals we can get..... Im soo sry if i offended anyone..

Bella's mommy--I'm sure you were looking for legitimate discounts--the Hojo's tip is a great one. You were absolutely right to post the request you did. You did not offend anyone--I just wanted to make sure that you (and others) knew some of those other suggestions were really not appropriate.

When you search Hojo's site, you need to put SD50 in as a promotional code to get the $59 rate. You also will need to buy an Entertainment Book. (You can buy one for your area--it doesn't have to be one for Anaheim).

I would also suggest calling Lorealle at the Hojo's in Anaheim directly and I'm sure for that hotel she can tell you when you can get the best rates. I also suggest if you look at other hotels calling them too--I've found that sometimes the Internet doesn't reflect the lowest rates at any hotel.

Best wishes in your trip planning!

::yes:: Right there with you. I couldn't imagine giving my child a quarter and telling them to try to scam a CM into giving them something. . . not a very good life lesson for sure. :sad2:

To the OP, I hope you can get the HoJo rate. If you honestly can't afford tickets, as in legitimate parkhoppers, then I would suggest saving up and going at another time when you can truly afford it.

This bothered me too. We are at DLR right now. We are here on a free trip and even though all our accomodations, transportation, and tickets are covered, we still don't have the money to eat here. There are 9 of us. We had Vons bring us groceries today and we are eating sandwiches, fruit, etc.

The kids know we cannot afford to eat in the park and I would NEVER send my kid up somewhere with a quarter and expect them to give him a handout. That seemed inappropriate to me to basically ask your kid to panhandle.

The reason we are going to meet our tight budget on this trip, is thanks to all of you here at DisBoards! Thank you so much! 90 minutes until the party tonight...we cannot wait! :banana:

Im extremely sry.. WOW... I will not be dishonest about ANYTHING.. i will check into the HoJO.. We can Afford DL, but we are a family of 5 and with gas 4$ a gasllon here.. and we have to drive 11 hours to DL.. we are looking ofr any Dicount/deals we can get..... Im soo sry if i offended anyone..

You didn't do anything wrong, you just asked a question. Don't worry.

This bothered me too. We are at DLR right now. We are here on a free trip and even though all our accomodations, transportation, and tickets are covered, we still don't have the money to eat here. There are 9 of us. We had Vons bring us groceries today and we are eating sandwiches, fruit, etc.

The kids know we cannot afford to eat in the park and I would NEVER send my kid up somewhere with a quarter and expect them to give him a handout. That seemed inappropriate to me to basically ask your kid to panhandle.

The reason we are going to meet our tight budget on this trip, is thanks to all of you here at DisBoards! Thank you so much! 90 minutes until the party tonight...we cannot wait! :banana:

Sweetbrat--I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL time tonight! Please come back and tell us all about it! :dance3:

Yes yes trip report when you get back!:banana:
I hope your family is having a great time.:yay:

I also think if things are too tight maybe you should wait it would be hard to enjoy the magic if you are worried about money the whole trip:flower3:
And yes I was shocked at some of the sugestions too

I think it is great that you are trying to get to DL with some deals---there is no shame in that.:hug:
It was some advice that was given that I thought was wrong. I hope you all can find a good deal so you can get to DL!:wizard:

i need to ad an avatar.. how do i do that?? if i want to upload on from photobucket?

Go to your usercp and click on edit avatar. You can upload a avatar from a file you already have stored on your computer or you can use one of the disboards avatars.:)

I just worked out the budget for our 8 day trip in December.

Then I cancelled all the extras on my cable, my Everquest account, and my DH's gym membership. :rotfl:

I would rather save (and save and save) then do anything dishonest; it just seems like it would suck all the magic out of the trip. :confused3

However, Bella's Mommy, no one thought you were responsible for those suggestions, and everyone does want to help you have a great time. :)

If you have a car I would say try priceline. I got a room for the disladies trip for $42 out the door tax and everything. I ended up at the Extended Stays America with a full kitchen. It was pretty decent and in a great location!

Im sorry if nobody liked my suggestions.

And well yes, I am a Disney Store CM, this info was all sent to me in a mass email from a Disneyland CM, I paid for that info, and thought I would share it. I bought that info for information on Club 33 and the like, I just shared the part of the document that applied for what she (OP) was asking. Other PP mentioned things like "Hmm, free tickets?" So I added that as well. Nobody has to like the info, and like my post stated, I have never tried the free ticket thing, as I get my own tickets. Just a suggestion. Add the free tickets are to give out, just not once on the clock.
There were more ways to save, but I chose to just submit a few.

Thanks for your time, and above all, have a wonderful, magical trip! Things will work out.
Brandy

No one was suggesting you were being dishonest, some of the suggestions by one particular person was what prompted us to post. I hope you are able to have the BEST time!!! And grocery delivery could be your ticket to a great budget stay!! We have done that before, you just go back to the room when you get hungry or you carry sandwiches with you. OR, you can pack your lunch, put it in a soft sided cooler and put that in a locker, when you get hungry go back to the locker and find a place to sit to eat.

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot to add:

Did you know that Disneyland gets its drinks, popcorn, hamburger patties, etc. for free? As long as that is the only brand they carry/advertise? Then charge $8.00 for a burger?
BTW: this info was also in that mass email, along with other secrets of Disneyland.

One more tip I just though of, you can also check on ebay for meal vouchers that a past guest did not finish using, they are for meals or snacks and each voucher specifies what it can be used for and what the max value the voucher is for. We got lucky one trip and somebody who was leaving as we arrived offered theirs to us, I guess that felt sorry for a miserable pregnant chick, who obviously looks hungry all the time!! LOL.

Original poster: sorry if I offened you by suggesting inappropraite ideas to your question. The only one of the tips I have actually used is the free refills at RRPP, got my free refill, went on with my day, wanted more, but didnt feel like walking all the way back to that specific restaurant. And, I will admit, we have done the popcorn thing, but not at Disneyland, we did it at another tourist site.

Have a great trip!!
Brandy

Don't forget to get your free Jungle Cruise map, just ask the skipper before or after the ride and they'll give you one.

Can someone give me more info about the shopping pass? I'm thinking that I may need to do that on Sunday (my aunt and I are doing the 2fer, so one day at DL and one Day at DCA) in case I can't get my silhouette portrait done on Saturday (I'm going to try to get it Saturday night after the official closing at 12, it's the 1 souvenir I'm buying for myself this time).

For the shopping pass go to Guest Services over by CA, let them know what you need, they give you a pass but you have to give them a CC number, if you are not back in 2 hours they will charge for a full days admission.

dizneecrazee, while we understand they were just suggestions they were also things that could get people fired from their jobs. And having your child ask for *almost* free popcorn is just wrong. If someone sent their child into your store and wanted a pair of shoes for a dollar would you do it? Nope, you would laugh them out of the store, don't suggest things that as an employee you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. I'm sorry you had to pay for those tips, they don't seem very good to me.

Im sorry if nobody liked my suggestions.

And well yes, I am a Disney Store CM, this info was all sent to me in a mass email from a Disneyland CM, I paid for that info, and thought I would share it. I bought that info for information on Club 33 and the like, I just shared the part of the document that applied for what she (OP) was asking. Other PP mentioned things like "Hmm, free tickets?" So I added that as well. Nobody has to like the info, and like my post stated, I have never tried the free ticket thing, as I get my own tickets. Just a suggestion. Add the free tickets are to give out, just not once on the clock.
There were more ways to save, but I chose to just submit a few.
I will remove myself from this board since it seems people are offened by my suggestions.

Thanks for your time, and above all, have a wonderful, magical trip! Things will work out.
Brandy

Where did you pay for this information? After reading your other posts, I would say your "information" sounds like a scam.

To the OP... have a great trip, there were other good suggestions. I think there is a budget board on here that is mentioned frequently. Perhaps you can find some info there?

dizneecrazee, while we understand they were just suggestions they were also things that could get people fired from their jobs. And having your child ask for *almost* free popcorn is just wrong. If someone sent their child into your store and wanted a pair of shoes for a dollar would you do it? Nope, you would laugh them out of the store, don't suggest things that as an employee you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. I'm sorry you had to pay for those tips, they seem very good to me.

Regarding selling shoes for $1, or whatever else for whatever price, no, you are right, I would not. I have a cash register to ring out that generates a receipt. The places I suggested from my email where at the little kiosks (popcorn, churros, etc.), not in a store. If I didnt have a cash register to ring on, and some sweet little child asked me if they could buy something for $1, you bet I would! For more than 1 reason: 1)in retail perspective, its all about the sale, selling for $1 is better than not selling it, and 2) in Disney perspective, making a childs day is what is all about, bring them magic, and if that is what would make them happy, then thats what you do. And yes, I have been asked several times "is there anything here I can buy for $1?" and yes, unfortunately, the answer is usually "no".

Thanks for you questions,
Brandy

I got it on eBay, for $1.50. There is actually alot of really interesting facts, secrets, tips, info on there, including referb schedules (which I know you can get from the website), menus for the restaurants, club 33 information, that fact that it costs DL $41,000 each day to have the firework show, etc. I just picked out a couple of things that applied to the OP quesion, "discounts, deals, and FREEBIES.

Regarding selling shoes for $1, or whatever else for whatever price, no, you are right, I would not. I have a cash register to ring out that generates a receipt. The places I suggested from my email where at the little kiosks (popcorn, churros, etc.), not in a store. If I didnt have a cash register to ring on, and some sweet little child asked me if they could buy something for $1, you bet I would! For more than 1 reason: 1)in retail perspective, its all about the sale, selling for $1 is better than not selling it, and 2) in Disney perspective, making a childs day is what is all about, bring them magic, and if that is what would make them happy, then thats what you do. And yes, I have been asked several times "is there anything here I can buy for $1?" and yes, unfortunately, the answer is usually "no".

Thanks for you questions,
Brandy

Just have to comment on this! Yes, it would be "nice" to let an adorable little child buy something for $1 if you did not have to be accountable for every sale. However, that would be stealing. Stealing RAISES prices. If you did that for every child who came into your store with a sweet smile and a buck, you would be out of a job... and the prices for everyone else would skyrocket because in retail, "loss" or items that have been stolen... have to be paid for. Generally by raising prices, or firing the employee responsible for the loss in the first place.
Yes, large corporations seem to be rolling in the dough right? So what does a few dollars here and there matter!? It matters because it is WRONG, and costly.

On another note, teaching kids that they can pay less for something because they are cute... is not a good idea. First of all, it gives them a false idea of what money is worth in general... not to mention the value of "stuff". Teaching them at a young age to save and spend wisely is something our "credit car" society needs to learn! Secondly, teaching a kid they can get what they want with a smile, is terrible! You PAY for things with money, not personality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter