Individual vs. large pizza at Via Napoli

Nuwanda9

Mouseketeer
This may sound like an odd question but I am basing it off past experience in ordering sheet pizzas and regular pizzas. They are just not the same! I have been to Via Napoli a few times—love the pizza—but this time we are going with 5 people and will be paying out of pocket for this menu (as opposed to using the dining plan as I have done in the past). To save money we are thinking of getting a few large pizzas instead of 5 individual pizzas. If anyone has tried both the individual and large do they taste the same? Three of the people in our party have never been to Via Napoli before and I want them to enjoy it and be as impressed as we are. Another question is about the Create Your Own. The toppings are about $3 or $3.50 per. Is cheese considered an extra topping? I can see this pizza adding up in price just with a few toppings! Thanks!!

I have never had a Metro Mezzo pizza - the extra large rectangular pizza - but the large is as good as the individual

You could very easily share two largest or eve four individual if you wanted to try multiple options and be fine. I've never done the make your own, but have found if you sub items on an existing option they don't charge you.

It's not an odd question. As the pizza increases in diameter, the "crust to middle" ratio changes. The center of the pizza can become more sloppy. The end result is a matter of preference, and there is no "right" answer. Personally, I prefer the individual size. But it certainly isn't an issue that would give rise to hand wringing.

I've eaten the 2nd largest one..Not the real big one....And it was delish both times...We usually do 1 of those and 2 smaller ones for our family. And I don't recall there being a big difference/or any difference at all ( that we can think of )

This is great information, thank you OP for starting it. We will be eating at Via Napoli in October and normally when we eat there, we all get our individual pizzas. However, I had the same question about if we should stick with the individual size pizzas or get a large one for our family of 4. We all like to share the Arancini appetizer while the DDs and I like to share a dessert (love the Zeppoles) so I think the large pizza will be more then enough for us (we would usually leave rolling out the door after our dinner).

DD and I ate the "medium" size were we stuffed and forced ourselves to finish. No app or desert, that being said 1 large may feed 5? The pizza is awesome if you like thin crust Italian style.

This is the best pizza down there ( Orlando/Disney ) area, by far....It's different than the traditional pizzas up here in the NJ/NY area, but almost as tasty. ( which is saying a lot )

We did a metro for our party of 5 and had leftovers. No salad or dessert. They will let you get two different types on 1 pizza. So we got half white and half capricciosa. Both were wonderful and I enjoyed it more than our individual ones that we got last time. For $41, we all left very happy and full. We couldn't have even had 5 counter service pizzas for that price!

Via Napoli.jpg We did a Large pizza and it was wonderful! Loved it so much and we have done individual before too. No difference in taste.
This is our favorite place to eat at Epcot! Love Via Napoli! Going back in Sept!! WOOT!
Here is a pic of my daughter with a large pepperoni in May.

It's not an odd question. As the pizza increases in diameter, the "crust to middle" ratio changes. The center of the pizza can become more sloppy. The end result is a matter of preference, and there is no "right" answer. Personally, I prefer the individual size. But it certainly isn't an issue that would give rise to hand wringing.

Totally-if you are into enjoying the charred and crispy crust the indy pie is the way to go. The middle of the larger pies start to get soggy fast!

Great discussion! We'll be going to Via Napoli for the first time in 2 weeks (eeeeekkkk!!!!!). We're a party of 5, with 2 teenage boys and DD12. We will likely not be having appetizers since we are so looking forward to the pizza! Would you recommend the Metro mezzo pizza then for us? Anyone have a pic? (@BABYJOSIE98, that large pizza looks amazing!)

Edit: On second thought, maybe the large...that pizza looks huge! Anyone recommend a good sharing appetizer to accompany a large?

Last edited:
Great discussion! We'll be going to Via Napoli for the first time in 2 weeks (eeeeekkkk!!!!!). We're a party of 5, with 2 teenage boys and DD12. We will likely not be having appetizers since we are so looking forward to the pizza! Would you recommend the Metro mezzo pizza then for us? Anyone have a pic? (@BABYJOSIE98, that large pizza looks amazing!)

Edit: On second thought, maybe the large...that pizza looks huge! Anyone recommend a good sharing appetizer to accompany a large?

I do not think the large will be big enough for a family of 5 that includes 2 teenage boys. The pizza at Via Napoli is different than what most are used to. The crust is very thin and the toppings are not as thick. It is not as filling. In October DH (moderate appetite) and I ( small appetite) had salad and a large pepperoni pizza. We ate all but one slice between the 2 of us.
I have not had the biggest Metro Mezzo, maybe that would work for you. Or if you are paying OOP get a few to share.
Have Fun

I do not think the large will be big enough for a family of 5 that includes 2 teenage boys. The pizza at Via Napoli is different than what most are used to. The crust is very thin and the toppings are not as thick. It is not as filling. In October DH (moderate appetite) and I ( small appetite) had salad and a large pepperoni pizza. We ate all but one slice between the 2 of us.
I have not had the biggest Metro Mezzo, maybe that would work for you. Or if you are paying OOP get a few to share.
Have Fun

I will preface this by saying the parties mentioned below are not huge eaters and we were not "starving" at the time we dined.

We have had the Metro Mezzo on two occasions. First occasion there were five adults--two men and three women. One man and two woman devoured the cheese Metro Mezzo while the other man and woman finished an individual pizza (pepperoni, prosciutto, broccoli rabe, onion and mushroom)--pizza was gone--no leftovers from either pizza. We did not have appetizers or dessert and all were full.

On the second occasion, a Metro Mezzo (pepperoni, prosciutto, broccoli rabe and 1/2 with onion and mushroom added to the aforementioned toppings) along with calamari and complimentary bread basket/olive oil was shared by four--two men and two women--same result--no leftovers. :love:

Sadly, I cannot find any pictures (that include food) from our many visits. The Metro Mezzo will appear huge when delivered to the table, but it is thinner crusted and goes quickly. Looking forward to my Via Napoli visit in 61 days.

With two teenage boys and a party of 5, I don't think you will have a problem finishing the Metro Mezzo. :worship:

Our family of 5 devoured the largest sized pizza last time we went...I was stuffed after and we had to coax the boys into having one last slice but I found it was the perfect size for our party!

DD and I ate the "medium" size were we stuffed and forced ourselves to finish. No app or desert, that being said 1 large may feed 5? The pizza is awesome if you like thin crust Italian style.

My 10 yr old daughter and I will be going there to eat when we go in Dec. Do you think the 1 individual is enough or should we go with the large as they call it feeds 2-3?? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter