individual pineapple upside down (cup)cakes?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by RangerPooh, Dec 10, 2005.

1. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever tried making individual pineapple upside down cakes using a cupcake pan? I have been considering trying this and using the paper liners to pour the batter into. :earsboy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. potterphreak

potterphreak Mouseketeer

Now this sounds tasty!!! Anyone, anyone at all???

:-D

4. mla973

mla973 <font color=teal>Counting the days until life in F

I would think that the sugar and pineapple would stick to a muffin paper. I have never made this dessert but am planning on it for Christmas. I don't see why it wouldn't turn out. Just follow the baking time on the box for cupcakes, right???

5. pfishgirl

pfishgirl In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/

pinapple upside down cupcakes do sound yummy... let's us know if you make them and how they came out.. :teeth:

6. Kande

Kande Mouseketeer

Paula Deen has a receipe for some using canned biscuits that are great. I tried them once with liners in the muffin pans and they did stick. The receipe is on the Food TV website.

7. Imzadi

Imzadi Saved by an angel in a trenchcoat

I've eaten may a cupcake that has stuck to the papers. :love: Maybe dusty the paper liners or use the foil ones & spray them? They do sound like a yummy idea though!

8. Nicolepa

Nicolepa DIS Veteran

Just a general cupcake tip. Spray the liners with Pam, your cupcakes will never stick to the liners again. :-)

9. snookhams

snookhams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I have cooked these in the microwave - in a teacup. Just for about 30 secs. but this depends on the power capacity of the microwave (infact in cooking in the microwave we prefer the individual ones, the larger ones never seem to cook properly) HOPE THIS HELPS