• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Individual Lighting Lane - half day timing

jdaly84

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! For the individual lighting lanes I’ve read that sometimes you end up selecting a time and by the time you go to check out that time is no longer available and you’re given a new time. If I’m only in Hollywood studios for the morning and end up getting stuck with a ROTR time that is after I leave, would I know that before I check out fully? Or is there a chance that I pay the $ and then end up with a later time that I didn’t know about?

We have the same situation. I read on here that the time changes before you pay so you will know your time and can not go through with payment if it doesn’t work. I guess it does not change after payment. Will find out in a couple weeks for myself.

Once you select your time for ILL$ it holds that time until you pay. I believe you have 10 minutes to pay before it’s released back into the system, which is why at 7:10 am you’ll randomly see earlier times pop up (at least that’s my theory). That time will not change on you. if you are going for the earliest time frame possible, someone might have snagged the time frame you wanted before you and it will say it’s no longer available, but we have always chosen something like a 3:00pm return window and it’s not once changed on us. To me ILL$ is most like old FP+ with selecting times. You select the a time frame and it offers you three choices within that hour. You can toggle between the time frames to see the different choices.

When you talk about sudden return window changes, I believe you are referring to the Genie+ LL return times. Those are next available and when you select the time offered, sometimes it will change to a later time.

Regardless if it’s ILL$ or G+ you will always be able to (and you definitely should) check the final return time before you click “confirm”. Someone might have different experiences with ILL$, but I’ve never had that time change on me when I go to pay (we’ve done it 9 times now). The only time I’ve had the return window change on me is when I book rides using G+, and it can happen often.

Last edited:
When we were there for Thanksgiving we had where both the Genie+ and ILL changed the time on us when we got to the next screen or one after and you can click out of it before you pay. Only having a half day is tricky. You might want to think of having more time that day or another day as backup. We had technical issues trying to book where it kept asking me to sign in or sending a passcode by e-mail and could not get it for our first DS day we luckily had park hopper passes so went on the next day at 7 am and got it for the next night after a day at AK. We arrived and the ride had broken down. It came back up in an hour. It was the second time that day and heard it happened a lot that week.

As of this month it was holding my time chosen for 10 minutes while allowing me to purchase.

I can't remember for sure, but I think our experience matches the PPs.

When choosing an ILL, the next screen sometimes gave me a later time than what was showing when I picked it. If I then clicked Confirm, I was asked to provide payment information, and the time showed the same when payment was completed.

So if the time on the second screen works for you, click Confirm, and you should be good.

ILL$ will hold the time for you. Genie + does not. Frequently, the time I clicked on and the time shown on the next screen were different. You still have the choice to accept it or not before confirming.

Question probably basic for those on here.... If I purchase the $LL does that time effect my Genie plus selection times or are those completely different categories? Lets say I purchase the $15.00 ROR can I still get an earlier time for a G+ or do I have to wait 2 hours or after my ROR is used?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter