individual KTTW card question ??????

luvmyprincess

Mouseketeer
My MIL, wants to purchase a Disney gift card for my DD12 for christmas, for her to use on our Feb cruise.

I understand she can not physically use the card onboard. What I'm wondering is , can the GC be applied to just HER KTTW card....or .. will it be lumped in with ours?

TIA :)

My MIL, wants to purchase a Disney gift card for my DD12 for christmas, for her to use on our Feb cruise.

I understand she can not physically use the card onboard. What I'm wondering is , can the GC be applied to just HER KTTW card....or .. will it be lumped in with ours?

TIA :)

It will be lumped in with yours. If you chose to she can have charging privlages. You can go to guest serveces and see how much she has charged. When she reaches the amount of the gift card then you cut her off.

Thanks !! Thats kind of what I was thinking...but wasn't sure. I knew I'd get an answer here!! :thumbsup2

I know that you can provide separate Credit Cards for each card and I thought that it applied the same way with the gift cards. They wil be able to give you a definite answer when you check in. But i am pretty sure you can. pirate:

I know that you can provide separate Credit Cards for each card and I thought that it applied the same way with the gift cards. They wil be able to give you a definite answer when you check in. But i am pretty sure you can. pirate:

Yes, each individual KTTW card can have a different form of payment but the problem is two-fold here. One she is a minor and an adult has to take financial responsibility for her. Second even if they wanted to set up her payment differently from the rest of the family and make it a cash (gift card) payment, they would require a minimum cash payment which is probably more credit than they were planning to give her. So the easiest way is probably as the PP stated -- just keep everyone under the same form of payment and cut off charging privledges when the gift card money runs out.

Yes, each individual KTTW card can have a different form of payment but the problem is two-fold here. One she is a minor and an adult has to take financial responsibility for her. Second even if they wanted to set up her payment differently from the rest of the family and make it a cash (gift card) payment, they would require a minimum cash payment which is probably more credit than they were planning to give her. So the easiest way is probably as the PP stated -- just keep everyone under the same form of payment and cut off charging privledges when the gift card money runs out.

Ahhh.. i see..... Makes sense. pirate:

Thanks everyone !!

I will have MIL get the gift card, and just keep an eye on her charges like was suggested. Knew you all would know what to do ! :love:

We just got off the Wonder and my daughter was able to use a Disney gift card in the gift shop - no problem.

They will set up an account with a preset limit for your daughter - She can spend up to that amount - Know this since I was just on Magic and a teen next to me at the guest services desk was upset that he had hit his spending limit and could not increase it without his parent(s) permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter