Indiana Jones Virtual Queue

Matthew D.

Earning My Ears
Apparently this is happening. What other rides do you think will be absorbed into the virtual queue in the coming months, if any?

Last edited:
I hope any ride that causes their queue to spill into the walkway gets a virtual queue. I was in NOS on Saturday and it looked super crowded but it was everyone in line for pirates (I added a pic on the magic is back thread). Made it very difficult to just walk and maneuver and social distance.

Off the top of my head,queues that did this were: Pirates, Indy, Snow White, RSR, and Peter Pan.

I hope any ride that causes their queue to spill into the walkway gets a virtual queue. I was in NOS on Saturday and it looked super crowded but it was everyone in line for pirates (I added a pic on the magic is back thread). Made it very difficult to just walk and maneuver and social distance.

Off the top of my head,queues that did this were: Pirates, Indy, Snow White, RSR, and Peter Pan.
Agree. The lengthy Pirates and Haunted Mansion queues make NOS a crowded mess of ropes. Even pre pandemic, the Pirates line could get unwieldy. I’m all in favor of virtual queues to eliminate this problem.

Agree. The lengthy Pirates and Haunted Mansion queues make NOS a crowded mess of ropes. Even pre pandemic, the Pirates line could get unwieldy. I’m all in favor of virtual queues to eliminate this problem.

Virtual queues for these rides sounds great, as long as it doesn't mean trying to get multiple boarding groups at 7 am. that seems like it would ensure lots of people would miss out on rides each day.

Virtual queues for these rides sounds great, as long as it doesn't mean trying to get multiple boarding groups at 7 am. that seems like it would ensure lots of people would miss out on rides each day.

Exactly, and what if you get wide time gaps between rides, example : Indy at 10, Pirates at 2pm, Mansion at 5 pm ..you will be bouncing back and forth for rides close together .. and have to forget about park hopping

If they add virtual queues to Pirates , Mansion and other rides without increasing ride capacity but increase attendance later this summer..this could mean missing out on alot of attractions.

I hope not anymore rides. That's going to really mess up planning for the day. If they want to do something for lines, they should just bring back FP.
Fast Pass is essentially a virtual queue, but one which slows down normal queues. I suspect FP/MP will come back at sometime since it’s a revenue driver, but probably only when things are running normally again and possibly only as a paid MP option.

I know Disney has struggled with capacity issues and line wait times. Paid MP only may reduce the usage of that line which will help to increase throughput of the primary line and thus lower posted (and perceived) wait times.

Disney could go one more with dynamic MP prices based on season if they need to control usage of that even more. $10/off peak, $20/summer and weekends, $30/week of holidays, etc

Did anyone notice what time the Indiana Jones queue opened? Was it at park opening? How long was it open?

Even with the Virtual Queue, Indiana Jones has a status of Temporarily Closed for large swaths of the day. The current situation seems unsustainable- with DLRR closing early, other attraction favorites being down (I’m looking at you Matterhorn), and other queues piling up on one another seems like Disney has their hands full. At what point does this have a domino effect on the wait times for other favorites, i.e Indiana is down and everyone deciding they are making a beeline for Haunted, Pirates, etc. Problem is that if Disney wants to bump up their capacity, as they are already clearly doing, you need to have either more attractions to divert crowds or be willing to activate the much beloved FP system. Hopefully someone steps on the pedal and gets Jungle Cruise open and running stat to help relieve some of the pressure hitting Indiana and others. Probably wishful thinking.

Last edited:
My son is obsessed with Indiana so we usually ride it multiple times a day... I'm not a fan of this too much.

I'm hoping that once the tiers are gone and Disney can utilize their indoor queues again that will help take the pressure off rides like this. I'm sure we'll still have long snaking lines but it'll be much better.

Regarding the staffing issues, I just read that DLR is having trouble getting CMs. With the number of CMs that were laid off and the length of time since then, it is proving difficult to reinstate workers who are trained because many have moved away, moved on, or for other reasons can't/don't want to come back. This appears to be true for the furloughed workers as well, because according to MC (I think that was the source?), the reason the train stops running in the afternoon is because they don't have enough trained personnel to run it. I can't verify this information, but it sure seems valid. My daughter was furloughed and subsequently laid off. She has not been recalled, but even if she were, she wouldn't be able to return until August or Sept. She's a student at UCI and there was no reason for her to pay the high cost of living there when there was no work or in-person school, so she moved home (500 miiles away).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter