• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Indiana Jones the Ride

EMV stands for Enhanced Motion Vehicle.

I went to the Indy event at Disneyland this past March. The highlight of the event was a trip through the attraction--with the lights on.

It's just astounding how they create the effects.

eeyore0062 said:
Let's see if I can think of any other rumors.... hmmmmm... Spain having a pavillion at Epcot..... gutting Spaceship Earth and making it into a coaster..... getting monorails between all of the resorts in the next few years..... that Teen Club on Pleasure Island.... the new water park being built over by Port Orleans French Quarter..... Port Orleans French Quarter being bought by the Military for use when Shades of Green is at capacity..... that 5th gate......

:rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl2:

Indy is a great ride, probably one of the top 3 they have. The stunt show is old and needs to go. Dinosaur is one of the biggest disappointments in the AK. Where as the Indy ride has a plot and makes sense, the Dinosaur ride is an incoherent mess. I ride it and try to like it, and every time I get off I am baffled on the storyline. What were they thinking? Almost as bad as Stich. Let's see, let's take a kid's character, make a "ride," promote it all over the place, then put a height restriction so the rides target audience can't ride it. Nice. My 3 yr old was so bummed out. Can someone running the place please get some common sense? My god, I love Disney, but it's getting bad. And I love the rumour that they are going to rip out COP and put in a Pixar ride. ENOUGH Pixar, now they've taken over the Living Sea. My head is gonna explode....

Both are Star Tours simulators on wheels (I got that tidbit off the Travel Channel).

Well Mia....I TOTALLY forgot to mention the cheap / creativity squashed Journey Into the Imagination refurb. Uh yeah, it's just forgettable so thanks for reminding me about that. That thing is awful and Journey used to be one of my favorite attractions at WDW. The same kind of cheap blacklight lit cardboard cutout theming was used on that rehab as well.

You REALLY REALLY need to visit DL in Cali. You sound very passionate over the Disney theme parks. You will be utterly entranced by the original Disneyland. With the exception of Tomorrowland as a whole out there, it is the most magical and best done parks you could ask for. It feels more like taking a walk through a modern-day garden of eden than a journey into a theme park.

I'm just hoping they tear apart California Adventure and start over. From the sounds of it, their recent rehab plans are calling for some MAJOR changes over there. They will even be removing those crappy midway games like they have in that awful place called Dinorama. I'm pretty excited about the future.

crazyj4488 said:
Well Mia....I TOTALLY forgot to mention the cheap / creativity squashed Journey Into the Imagination refurb. Uh yeah, it's just forgettable so thanks for reminding me about that. That thing is awful and Journey used to be one of my favorite attractions at WDW. The same kind of cheap blacklight lit cardboard cutout theming was used on that rehab as well.

You REALLY REALLY need to visit DL in Cali. You sound very passionate over the Disney theme parks. You will be utterly entranced by the original Disneyland. With the exception of Tomorrowland as a whole out there, it is the most magical and best done parks you could ask for. It feels more like taking a walk through a modern-day garden of eden than a journey into a theme park.

I'm just hoping they tear apart California Adventure and start over. From the sounds of it, their recent rehab plans are calling for some MAJOR changes over there. They will even be removing those crappy midway games like they have in that awful place called Dinorama. I'm pretty excited about the future.

Yes, I can't wait to come to DL! I am bummed that the Indy Ride is at C.A. though, b/c we will not be going there from what I've heard! I had thought it was at DL...but no matter, I will want to come!

~Mia~

IMDB reports that a 4th installation of Indy's adventures is announced. A script is written and approved. So, it appears that we'll have the stunt show for at least a few years. Maybe they'll update it with stunts from the new movie.

The Indy ride at Disneland Paris is an outdoor rollercoaster, while the Indy ride at DR is a moving ride like AK's Dino (only much bigger and much better, IMHO).

dbanzai said:
I don't know if they'd do this just because Dinosaur at AK is the same type of ride as Indy, just with a different theme. Both are Star Tours simulators on wheels (I got that tidbit off the Travel Channel).

This may be true, but think of how many Dumbo rides there are...

Dumbo, the Flying Elephant
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Triceratops Spin
Astro Orbiter

I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it...

Although, I LOVE the stunt show. I normally dislike stunt shows immensely, but this one has a lot of humor and it's always just so much fun! I hope they keep it forever and get rid of the horrible horrible Lights Moteur Action!

i wish that this is true. If so I will be very happy. i didn't get to ride the one at DL cause the line was almost three hours long.

Mia the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland is at the Magic Kingdom park, not California Adventure. It's right past Jungle Cruise as you walk towards the Haunted Mansion Area.

It's right past Jungle Cruise as you walk towards the Haunted Mansion Area.

"Right past" is no exaggeration, there is literally only about 10 feet between them, and you can clearly see the IJTOD line when you are on the JG boats. DL is so much more compact than MK.

We visited DL once in mid-November, and it had been raining for a couple of days before, so the sunny day brought out a huge crowd. It was like Easter is at MK, an elbow-to-elbow crowd, with some of the worst traffic right in that JC-IJTOD-HM nexus. The JG cm's incorporated jokes about it into the ride, as in "... and to your right is the mysterious Temple of the Endless Line."

I've done the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland countless times and LOVE it... and I've done the Dinosaur ride countless times and LOVE it... Funny, I never thought of them as having the same track.. Guess I'm having too much fun to notice!! :teeth:

While the Indiana Jones ride in WDW would be nice, I like each coast having their own unique rides. I don't really like them becoming clones of one another. At the California Adventure park - almost all the good rides are straight out of WDW except for Soarin' (eg; Tower of Terror, Muppet vision 3D, Tough to be a bug..) .. and now Soarin is at WDW too... I wish they could be more unique, that is just my opinion though :)

I still want to make it out to DisneySea in Tokyo - that looks VERY unique and unlike any of the parks here. One day... :Pinkbounc

Glad to hear that Indy is in DL not C.A.....so I may get to go someday. But no one has answered my question: is the ride scarier (more thrilling, faster, with drops, etc...not scarier theming) than Dino or exactly the same??? I have to know what to expect before I ride something. I am a total ride wuss and will always be. Please, someone who has ridden both answer me this! TY!!!!!

~Mia~

Dinosaur is a little more startling and darker for the most part. I would have to say Dino is a bit scarier but Indy is just a heck of a lot better.

crazyj4488 said:
Dinosaur is a little more startling and darker for the most part. I would have to say Dino is a bit scarier but Indy is just a heck of a lot better.

That's funny I was going to reply with the exact opposite lol. I guess it depends on if you're more afraid of heights or of being "startled". I think if you're afraid of heights, Indy would be scarier, because it feels like you're going over an old rope bridge that looks as if it's over a huge dark crevice. However, my boyfriend is a total ridewuss and really afraid of heights and he doesn't have a problem with it. Go figure!! If you're afraid of spiders or snakes, there might be one or two really quick scenes that might scare you a little bit. Or if you're afraid of a big rolling ball coming towards you LOL.

I don't know though, I think they're borth worth a try. The scariest part of both rides I think is usually the line to get in ;)

I"m not scared of heights, unless the vehicle I am in is falling or dropping from them. THAT is what I am worried about! If you are just going over a high or rickety bridge that's okay, I'm asking if there are sudden drops, plunges, etc, or even non-sudden ones! LOL. I am not scared of stuff jumping out or scarieness of the theme, just the MOTION of the ride itself.

~Mia~

Just got back from a 4-day trip (Dec 1-4). Stayed at the BWI and it was great although I still think the WL puts me more in the holiday spirit but this was a close 2nd.

Anyhow, when taking the boats over to MGM Studios the drivers kept saying "make sure you see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show while its still here". They continued to say that now the the "Lights Motors Action" show is here (which is real cool by the way) they would be phasing out the Indy Stunt Show. Hope that means the Indy ride is on the way. :bounce:

clfnole said:
Just got back from a 4-day trip (Dec 1-4). Stayed at the BWI and it was great although I still think the WL puts me more in the holiday spirit but this was a close 2nd.

Anyhow, when taking the boats over to MGM Studios the drivers kept saying "make sure you see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show while its still here". They continued to say that now the the "Lights Motors Action" show is here (which is real cool by the way) they would be phasing out the Indy Stunt Show. Hope that means the Indy ride is on the way. :bounce:

That is poo. I love the stunt show. But if it means Indy ride, I'm all for it! If they replace it with some crap i will be VERY angry at Disney. They have already broken my heart 3 times (Mr. Toad, Journey into Imagination, and Alien Encounter to Stitch's Great Disappointment...I mean "Escape"). Although losing the stunt show would not be as much of a disappointment as the other 3....I will miss it greatly. I can only hope they take it away for an improvement like the Indy RIDE if they have to remove it.

Also it seems kind of silly to take it away since there is another IJ movie coming out. You would think they would re-vamp it or something to include the new movie or just leave it. Even without the new movie, the IJ trilogy is timeless and though the show is old, many people visit MGM for the first time every day and have never seen it. Ok enough rambling, I just really really really hope we in Florida get the Indy ride....it sounds great!

~Mia~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter