Indiana Jones stunt show to close

okck

Earning My Ears
We were told yesterday (9/28) by a Ferry Boat Driver that very soon the
Indiana Jones stunt show was closing and in it's place the Indiana Jones ride will be put in. It will be the same as the one in California.

At least it wasn't a bus driver ;)

The logic behind that rumor is the following:

1.) The Disney-MGM Studios is getting a brand-new e-ticket stunt show in 2005
2.) The Disney-MGM Studios has an extremely skewed show/ride ratio
3.) The existing show most impacted by the new show will be Indiana Jones, due to its genre and age
4.) Hence, Indy will close and an Indy ride will be constructed instead.

It's certainly a possibility, but according to feedback I received when I brought up this very possibility when the car show was first announced, there are no plans for an Indy ride at the Studios, and a transportation CM would be among the last to find out if such plans were being seriously considered.

I doubt that Disney would have bothered to refurbish Indy like they did recently if they planned to replace it. But one can always hope.

I would think that the Indy Stunt show would stay open until the car show is open, so destruction wouldn't begin until 2005/6 so the recent refurbishment wouldn't be a waste...in fact I imagine there may be 1 or 2 more refurbishments before that time.

I doubt it UNLESS it could be tied into Indiana Jones #4...When is that going to open????

Originally posted by wdwguide
...and a transportation CM would be among the last to find out if such plans were being seriously considered.

Just had to smile at that.

:earsboy:

A CM who worked at D-MGM (high up too) told me years ago they were building a giant wooden coaster in the park. Where is it?

It's possible of course, but the technology is the same as CTX although that's never stopped them before.

Actually, the Indy Ride at Tokyo Disney Sea has some more advanced special effects so hopefully if they did build one in Florida it would be upgraded from the DL version. A hybrid of the best of the two would be nice. It is the most awesome ride.

the wooden roller coaster was going to be based on roger rabbits movie roller coaster rabbit to go in a land based on roger rabbit .. with a similator ride called the toontown trolly, benny the car ride like the one in disneyland, baby hermans runaway buggie ride and a few other things ... but instead they scaped the whole roger rabbit thing and a dick tracy ride and built Tower of terror and later the rock and roller coaster

This attraction is long over due IMHO. It is without question Disney's most immersive and best themed attraction. Screamscape is adding fuel to this Rumor, which is all it is at this point, in the following 10/1 update.

???? - Indiana Jones Adventure - Rumor - (10/1/03) Previous sources have claimed that an all new version of the famous Indy dark ride (Disneyland & Tokyo-DisneySea) would never make it to a WDW park because the same ride system was used for AK’s Dinosaur. However we did get an email from a park guest who took the Behind The Magic tour not long ago who was told that the Indiana Jones Stunt Show may close within a few months after the new Auto Stunt Show opens and work would begin on an all new, bigger and better version of the Indiana Jones Adventure :Temple of the Crystal Skull would begin construction. I know this ride is something that WDW fans have been wanting to come to the park for years, but it doesn’t change the fact that other good sources have told us that it would not happen. Anything is possible with Disney though, so stay tuned...

Originally posted by DisOrBust
I doubt it UNLESS it could be tied into Indiana Jones #4...When is that going to open????

It's been reported that the movie will start shooting next summer.

Indiana Jones IV, or whatever it ends up being called(it's rumored that only the screenwriter,George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg know the official title)is tentatively set to begin prouction sometime next summer. The screenplay is getting it's finishing touches and will need final approval from all three to move forward. The setting is supposed to take place in the 1950's, as opposed to the 1930's Nazi era from the first. I would think that if production begins next summer, we could have a finished film sometime in 2005. If memory serves me correctly it took nearly 2 years to complete theTemple of the Forbidden Eye. With that kind of lead time it's conceivable, but highly unlikely, that Disney could build this attraction along the same timeline. The optimist in me says maybe they'll suprise us with an announcement during next weeks press junket, but the realist in me says we would have heard something more substantial by now if this project was imminent.

Luis

Please also keep in mind that the exact same situation has happened before...anyone remember the new 'Star Tours' film we were supposed to get for The Phantom Menance and then were supposed to get for Attack of the Clones and then were supposed to get for the in produciton Fall of the Republic?

The "rumor" is that Eisner has made it very clear that Disney parks are to used only to synergize (what a miserable word) Disney products. Period. Unless Disney gets a cut of Indy 4 it seems unlikely that the company is going to spend $100 on an attraction to hype someone else's movie.

It brings up another interesting point - has anyone seen any attempt to tie the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' attraction at any of Disney's parks into Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Burckheimer Payout? Universal at least put a little "when in Hollywood, visit Universal Studios..." tag on the movie posters for Jurassic Park and I remember in theater commericals for Islands of Adventure before the last dino flick?

Again - if Disney is unable to cross promote a movie and a 30+ year old attraction - how are they going to do it for something new?

Noo!! they cant close the Indiana Jones show because I love it!!!!
And the actors - sorry stuntmen are too cute:cutie:

Can't say I'd be too sad to see the Indy stunt show go. We probably saw that show 6 or 7 times and that was enough.

We saw Indy stunt show once. What's more to see?:confused:

I hope they close the Indy show. We have seen it at least 3 times and that was when MGM first opened. We never go see it anymore. I don't see how they could have two stunt shows in the park either, it doesn't make to much sense to me. They need more rides at MGM anyway, and from what I hear the Indy ride is great. It sounds like it would be a good addition to the park. But, I'm still mad about the Hunchback show! I really miss it, and the best show in all the parks IMHO. ::yes::

Unless Disney gets a cut of Indy 4 it seems unlikely that the company is going to spend $100 on an attraction to hype someone else's movie.

But...couldn't you use thsi same logic and reverse it?

Persoanlly I think the show needs to go and a ride replacemnt woudl be a huge hit.

We've seen thsi show a bunch of times and now we never go to it. Time for something new.

Originally posted by crystalb
We saw Indy stunt show once. What's more to see?:confused:

So each time you go to WDW you only see the new stuff?

You've never watched a favorite movie more than once?

Why? You know how it ends.

I've already said that I would love the Indy ride to be built at the Disney Studios but...

I have a son that drags me to the Indy show during each visit to WDW even though I've seen it enough. This show definitely continues to pack them in. The seats are always filled which can't be said for many newer shows in smaller venues. I think it's a mistake for Disney to replace successful attractions as much as I would love to see Indy the ride make an appearance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter