• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Indiana Jones ride coming to WDW? SWEET!

Should the ride come to the Walt Disney World Resort?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Same ride mech and vehicles, but still a different experience. Dinosaur uses the darkness to hide the fact that the sets aren't 1/10 as elaborate as the Indy sets. Indy is a much better adventure, imho.

That said, I'm also not a fan of cloned rides, so I'd like to see the ride mech used to create a different experience on at least he same scale as Indy. Dinosaur does not accomplish that.

A new ride would still be better than the Indy Stunt Show. I thought watching it once is more than enough.

clfnole said:
A new ride would still be better than the Indy Stunt Show. I thought watching it once is more than enough.

Yet that show blows the Lights Motors thing out of the water.

My wife and I enjoyed the Lights Action Show much better than Indy, but to each their own.

DisneyWorldExpert said:
Cast Members down in WDW were telling me about it.

And, quite possibly laughing as you walked away. Stick around for a few years and you'll hear many, many tales from guests on this board that heard "cast in iron" information from monorail pilots, boat captains, bus drivers, etc. that never comes to pass.

Often, I am convinced that sometimes CMs get some pleasure out of passing out rumors they know not to be true. In other cases, they are well intentioned, just misinformed.

Anyhow, as others alluded, that's a rumor that's been circulating for as long as I've participated on these boards.

I'd love to see the Indy show end. Not big on the Motors-Action either. I wish MGM would stop trying to teach me how things are done and just entertain me like Universal does. They should have a separate area with video screen stations or something that shows you how that stuff is done for the techies who want to know. Otherwise you end up with a long show with 5% action (or less) and 95% standing around and talking. Bleh.

The IJ ride at DL is awesome. Totally different from Dinosaur in my opinion. Same ride system doesn't mean anything. BTMR and Space Mountain are both roller coasters - doesn't mean it's the same thing.

Aladdin would be a great addition too.... but I doubt they'd be able to do it in the IJ Theater. Unless they totally redesigned it, enclosed it, and changed the staging completely...

I loved the IJ ride in DL. I wish the would put it in place of IJ stunt show. Like the other post said... I loved the action part of it... but then it ends and it's talk, talk, talk...

If we're fixing the Studios, can we do something about Sounds Dangerous or even the Backlot Tour first? Even a couple new scenes in the Great Movie Ride would be welcome.
amen to that!

we had gone 5 consecutive trips to WDW w/o doing the Backlot Tour. when we were there over this past thanksgiving we did it again. it didn't take long for me to remember why we hadn't done it for so long...

Isn't Dinosaur basicly Indiana Jones, same ride vechicles and everything, just a different theme?

but using that argument, 2 of the following 3 rides at MK should go - astro orbiter, dumbo, magic carpets of aladdin...same rides, different cars. WDW isn't afraid to replicate ride mechanisms...simply by varying the theme, they can appeal to different demographics.

Well, the Magic carpets should go, that's for sure.

And by that logic, you better get rid of some of the dark rides too.

IJ at DL is our FAVORITE ride....and i have to say that we were SO DISAPPOINTED in MGM in Nov 04 that the IJ there was a 'stage show' - we did NOT even go in to see it - so sure hope that WDW "powers to be" read these boards (or have some one who does) and listen to what their "GUESTS" want......

- so sure hope that WDW "powers to be" read these boards (or have some one who does) and listen to what their "GUESTS" want......

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........[deep breath]......bwhahahahahahahahaah :rotfl2:

It would be a great addition to WDW. We rode it at DL last summer and loved it. Thanks for the post and rumor!

but using that argument, 2 of the following 3 rides at MK should go - astro orbiter, dumbo, magic carpets of aladdin...same rides, different cars. WDW isn't afraid to replicate ride mechanisms...simply by varying the theme, they can appeal to different demographics.

You forgot tryceratop spin.

You forgot tryceratop spin.
Good point. We already have the Flying Dumbo Ride and Aladdin's Magic Carpets in the Magic Kingdom, so basically it is the same ride just in the Animal Kingdom. I believe the people that decide which rides come and go realized that this is a popular kiddie ride and built it in a different theme park to reduce lines in MK. Worst case scenario is that they build one in EPCOT & MGM.

Wow this is great news,if its true. Indiana Jone SHow at mgm is awesaome, and i cant wait to go on the ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter