• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

indian point whats the area like?

mozzman

Mouseketeer
i was wondering what the area of indian point is like,i have 2 quite adventurous daughters of 19 who will probably like a walk to the 192 for a look around so a insight to the area would be good :thumbsup2

Indian Point is ok. Older than some of the other sub divisions it is handy for everywhere.
Not far from the 192 but this is Florida and there will not be too many people walking from there. The 192 is a very long road and once you walk to it you will not get to see 1% of it and the % you will see will not be too great.

Terry :)

We have stayed at Indian Point 5/6 times and are staying there next year as well - we like the area, and the fact that although quite is in a short distance of the 192 and you can get to the parks relatively quickly. The journey to Disney has been done as quickly as 10 mins and at most 25 mins, it all depends on what time of day and which route you take - we have all agreed that although it may cost 75c the quickest route is to pick up the Osceola Parkway - as there is not much traffic on it. The 24hr walmart is increadibly close (just a couple of minutes away, if you use Bass Road)

You'll be about 3 miles from the 192 - a six mile round trip just to get there and back, let alone the walking you'll need to do once you reach it.

We have stayed at Indian Point a few years back and are staying there again next year.
The last time we stayed there, my Brother and Sister In Law walked to Wal-mart from the villa and it only took them 15 mins to get there.

We have stayed at Indian Point in the past.

To be honest whilst it is okay there are others we have stayed at that are nicer, there are a number of older homes on the development too.

Nearby Cumbrian Lakes is (in my opinion) a better option, the homes are fairly new on there.

Poinciana Boulevard is a long and often busy main road, there may possibly be other quicker ways of walking to the 192 from the likes of Indian Point but to be honest it is I would say 4 miles at least to the 192 junction, so I am not convinced walking is a good idea.

As for the area PB is a very long road that runs for miles, from the junction of the 192 after about 4/5 miles you will eventually start to see the villa developments on the left hand side, Terre Verde, Liberty Village, Eagle Pointe, Indian Point and Cumbrian Lakes (not necessarily in the right order).
PB itself can be a very busy main road, especially in the mornings and early evening, it is a fast one though although single lane.
There is a Publix at the junction of Vineland Road and the 192, plus many restaurants such as Perkins & Golden Corral etc within easy reach.

Formosa Gardens location is probably slightly better, in that you are literally a couple of minutes from the 192 junction, whereas it is several minutes drive from villas on Poinciana.

you can get to the 192 (walmart area) via the back way into Indian Point which leads you out onto Bass road that comes up at the side of Walmart this could be walked easily in 10/15 mins and is just a couple of mins by car. If you travelled along Poinciana Boulevard it seems quite a way and you could not walk this distance at all.

thanks for that insight :thumbsup2 my girls love to scout the area were ever we go whether its exciting or not,they will run 5 miles most days together and if its quiet that will put my mind at rest a bit :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter