Incredibly stupid???

JerseyGirl114

Mouseketeer
I was shopping in the Disney store today & there were a bunch of Incredibles t-shirts on clearance. :banana: DS & DD got one. Then we saw one with Mr. Incredible on the front & "Crime Fighter" on the back. DD called DH on her cell phone to see if he would wear this on vacation (he's not a Disney freak like the rest of the family, he loves going there, but he doesn't own any Disney clothing except our xmas morning shirts, but that's a whole other story...) well he said he would wear this :banana: , so DD finds one for me that matches hers & DS's. She said we should all wear them on the day we are at MGM when we meet the real Incredible family. I thought it was such a cute idea that I bought them all. :goodvibes

Now I'm sitting here thinking will we look incredibly stupid in these shirts all at the same time?!?!?!? :crazy:

I think it sounds great! Even if others at the park might think its weird, who cares, you'll never see them again.

If you wear them here in NJ, yes, stupid. In Disney, it's the norm. We saw so many families dressed alike. Believe me, you will not be the only ones in matching outfits. We did this last year for the first time, and it was fun. It makes for cute pictures too! So, put on your matching shirts and have a great time!

No, it will not be stupid, it will be really cute! I bought DH, myself and DD the Hawaiian Disney set from Disney shopping. A polo shirt for DH and matching dresses for me and DD. We are going to wear them to our breakfast with Lilo & Stitch at ohanas and have our pictures taken somwhere in the lobby or on the grounds with our Mickey ears christmas hats! I think it is adorable when families dress alike- that is what Disney is all about!

My husband wanted me to order the custom shirts from the disney website. I got the kids names on them and Mom and Dad on ours. This is soooooo not me but I will wear it and smile. My hubby wants to all wear them for breakfast at chef mickeys.

We just got back from Disneyland last week. I dressed the boys alike every day (usually in a very bright color!) to make it easier to find them should one get loose. Apparently most other parents had the same idea, and it was very helpful.

On our final day we all dressed in bright turquoise Disney shirts, and we saw so many other families in matching shirts on our trip! There were apparently a few family reunions, too, and they were ALL in the same shirt, like 20 -30 people!

Unfortunately we did not take the time to get a family photo in our matching shirts, I would have loved that!

We just got back from WDW. We did a Grand Gathering and our family picked the Incredibles(we did the create your own disneyshopping/zazzle thing) and when we were at MGM we ran into a family who had the red Incredibles shirts on....was very fun to run into another!! The cast members loved the shirts and we had more fun doing the shirts than we had anticipated. There were several families there who did the matching Incredibles shirts there....we weren't alone!! I say go for it! :wizard:

You would be surprised how many families wear matching shirts. We do EVERY trip. We all have 2 shirts that we wear on 2 different days. As a matter of fact, DH and myself are "twinkies" quite a bit. Every time I buy a shirt from Disney, I buy him a matching one. He doesn't mind a bit.

Our DD is only 2 and we can't seem to find shirts that all 3 of us can match and wear, (Disney doesn't seem to sell shirts for infants and toddlers that match the adult shirts), so I had them made on Disney shopping.com. There is also another site, Zazzle.com where you can buy matching t shirts.

I love doing it. We always have our picture done in front of the castle or other great picture spot when we wear our t shirts. In Disney everything is magical and no one looks stupid or ridulous. :blush: :laughing:

Go enjoy yourselves and have fun.

Michaela

resizefordisboards.jpg

Hi,
We saw lots of families wearing matching outfits on our last trip. I thought it was really cute! Have a great time with it.

We haven't ever done this, but it sure does seem like a fun idea. I'd love to see anyone's pictures if you have some of your family in matching clothes!!

My sister made tye dye tshirts fro her family last year. Everyone wore theirs except her DH, thought it was not cool!

Well, all day her got cr*p form people. Comments like"too good to wear your shirt huh?" Now he always sports his matching shirt!!! :rotfl2:

I would never dream of walking the family around NJ in the matching shirts :rotfl2: DH doesn't realize we ALL have the same shirts! We don't plan on telling him until the morning we are all going to wear them either :rotfl:

DD is at an age where if we both come out in tan capris & say pink shirts, she'll go & change her shirt so we don't match completely, so I was really surprised she wanted to do this.

We are traveling with my cousin & his family, and we always tease each other, so I just KNOW he is going to make fun of us all day long!!! And if anyone else does, well then :p

Thanks for all the replies, I was second guessing myself & just needed to hear that I wasn't crazy! Although, we are all in this DIS cult, so I'm not really sure how much I can trust your judgement :rotfl:

JerseyGirl114 said:
Now I'm sitting here thinking will we look incredibly stupid in these shirts all at the same time?!?!?!? :crazy:

My family wears matching Disney shirts each day of our 8 or 9 day trips...and we look great!! We also wear matching shorts everyday also. I just bring along 4 or 5 pairs of black shorts & 1 or 2 pairs of navy blue shorts for each person. We've got about 10 different sets of matching Disney shirts & sweatshirts.

Matching outfits look great in pictures!!

You will look just fine. You won't be the only group doing it. I did it when we went, although not 100% matching (DH would refuse to do that) but I did match up the shirts to the day & park we were going to.

Providing no one had messed up the shirt before getting to the park.

Here's another benefit to matching shirts (or at least matching colors): if you get separated in a crowd, it's always easy to find each other!! This has saved my dh (who has a tendency to wander, LOL) many times!! ;)

We leave for WDW in TWO days - 4 mommy's & 5 little girls - for an All-Girls Trip. We have bought the girls matching t-shirts for every single day we are there, and somedays we are going to have to find a way to change shirts twice, just to get them all in! Not only that, but the mom's have matching shirts for everyday, too. Wal-Mart has been a huge help to us for this! It has been so much fun looking for all the shirts. We've hit every W-M in a 30 mile radius from here, and sent pictures via email to friends all over the country to help us find more! We now have all the shirts we need for all 9 of us. The girls have matching Violet costumes for MNSSHP and all the mom's are wearing the red Incredibles shirts. We will be hard to miss next week!

We all incredibles logo tees when we went. The CM's loved it. I must have been called Mrs. Incredible 15+ times. And it was much easier to spot everone in our group.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter