Incredibly easy to get dinner ADR at Le Cellier these days...

phyllis1966

Something witty
I wondered if I would notice a difference, and I definitely have - it is so much easier to get the ADR time that you want now with the new Signature status (2 TS credits/high prices) of Le Cellier. I guess it seems elementary, but I was curious to see firsthand...every year for the last several trips, we tried for a certain time, but took whatever was available (last year it was 8:05 instead of the 6 pm we wanted), but this year I requested, and was easily given, a 7 pm ADR.

Must be hell to score a lunch ADR these days, though!

:sunny:

What are peoples experiences trying to get lunch. We want to get a lunch reservation at 2pm and than head over to MVMCP in Dec.

I wondered if I would notice a difference, and I definitely have - it is so much easier to get the ADR time that you want now with the new Signature status (2 TS credits/high prices) of Le Cellier. I guess it seems elementary, but I was curious to see firsthand...every year for the last several trips, we tried for a certain time, but took whatever was available (last year it was 8:05 instead of the 6 pm we wanted), but this year I requested, and was easily given, a 7 pm ADR.

:sunny:

Not really--I had no problem getting lunch ADRs at a variety of times with only 42 days until our visit. I was quite surprised actually since in years past it has been exceedingly difficult to score a select time for lunch. Not so this summer. I could have booked any day of the six we were there, weekends included, with at least three time choices.

We really have no desire to pay the higher rate for dinner and we do not utilize the dining plan. We have always been able to get a lunch ADR, but this year was definitely easier. :thumbsup2

Went here for lunch on May 5th. Didn't have a reservation, did a walk in, was seated in about 5 minutes.

Just made a lunch reservation for a trip in early August - had the exact time I needed!

This is FABULOUS! Our absolute favorite place in all of WDW!!!! I love that it is easier to get in now!! We just booked for Nov (granted that is close to 180 days out so it isn't too hard yet...) and we had the pick of any time we wanted all week!! :thumbsup2

Okay, so it's been a very long time since we've made dinner reservations since we seem to be DCL cruising our last few vacations and only stay one night on premises before the cruise. We usually just eat in whatever restaurant is in the place we are staying.

This time, however, we will be here 4 days before departing on the cruise. Want to make a reservation at Le Cellier, for sure. No idea where else we want to eat since it's been so long. Also cannot remember when I can start booking, etc.

Also, what does "ADR" stand for?

I'm glad about that! I was initially bummed that dinner was a signature now since it was nice to get such a nice meal for 1 TS credit and we usually already have so many signature meals as it is. However, DH didn't think it was a big deal at all and it wasn't a deal breaker. We'll just end up paying for some CS lunches to make up the difference. Fine with me.

We had lunch there on our last trip since we booked late and couldn't get a dinner ADR (though we were able to get ALL of our first choice ADR times and places for popular places such as CG, Narcoossie, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, CRT lunch, Flying Fish, and others). That says something about the popularity of the dinner before the change. I wasn't as fond of the big meal at lunch, so I'm happy to probably be able to get a good dinner time next trip.

In the past 4 years, we have not been able to get a lunch or dinner ADR. Granted, we usually nook our trip about 4 to 5 months out so we sometimes miss the 180 day mark. We were able to get a dinner ADR this time.

I have a lunch ADR in August which was easy to get back impossible to change w/o cancelling. I want to make it an earlier time, but there is zero availbility for lunch the 2 days we will be in Epcot.

I was upset too by the change to Signature/ 2 TS status but if it means I can actually get an ADR and get in, I have to consider it a good thing.

I made a lunch ADR for the end of August back in February. A couple of weeks ago DH & DS decided they wanted to try the Signature dinner. I had a very hard time getting anything for our whole week! Finally got an 8:45 one night that is just too late for us. Kept trying and was lucky enough to get a 5:45 on a different night ... had to juggle some other things but am happy that we got it. There is really limited availabillity showing for our entire week, most days have none. Guess it depends when you are going.

It will be interesting to see how the long term plays out at Le Cellier. We will see if bookings go down and it hurts the restaurant or if due to higher price/less DDP the quality goes back up.

Okay, so it's been a very long time since we've made dinner reservations since we seem to be DCL cruising our last few vacations and only stay one night on premises before the cruise. We usually just eat in whatever restaurant is in the place we are staying.

This time, however, we will be here 4 days before departing on the cruise. Want to make a reservation at Le Cellier, for sure. No idea where else we want to eat since it's been so long. Also cannot remember when I can start booking, etc.

Also, what does "ADR" stand for?

Advance Dining Reservation

We found it easy to get in there for lunch! Our party of 4 walked up to Le Cellier the first week in May without ADR. We were seated after just a 25 minute wait. :)

I just booked a package today & my trip isn't until Sept. I had absolutely NO prob at all finding quite a few times and days available.

We booked our trip April 15th and were able to get a Le Cellier lunch reservation for 2:50 on one day of our July trip. May 3rd, we decided we wanted to do it earlier in the day and were able to cancel that one and get an ADR at 12:50 on the same day. We'll be there from 7/19 - 7/26.

Not really--I had no problem getting lunch ADRs at a variety of times with only 42 days until our visit. I was quite surprised actually since in years past it has been exceedingly difficult to score a select time for lunch. Not so this summer. I could have booked any day of the six we were there, weekends included, with at least three time choices.

We really have no desire to pay the higher rate for dinner and we do not utilize the dining plan. We have always been able to get a lunch ADR, but this year was definitely easier. :thumbsup2
Well, it's likely a combination of things leading to the increased availability: park attendance might be down slightly due to there being less and smaller overall deals, the free dining offers are shorter and a bit more limited this year, specifically, and the fact that dinner is now 2 TS credits. Not that I'm complaining. A smaller crowd trying to squeeze into the place is certainly a welcome thing.

I would bet that for dinner reservations, Yachtsman has gotten considerably busier since the changeover. If there's no TS credit savings, it makes the choice between the two for a lot of people much more difficult (not me, though; I'll take Yachtsman every time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter