Incredible Hulk Coaster

eddleiy

Earning My Ears
Quick question that I hope someone can help me out with...what kind of safety harnesses are used on the Incredible Hulk ride. I assume it's an over-the-shoulder harness, but is there a seat belt type thing that goes from the bottom of the harness to a buckle on the seat? I'm a big guy and I'm worried I might not be able to get on the ride. Was there any weight or size restrictions on the ride? Thanks for your time.null

Hi there Eddeiy and welcome to the DIS, we're very glad you found us. This question will get more responses if I move it over the the Universal and IofA board, so I moved it over there for you.

Katholyn

<font color=red>"Texas born, Texas bred and when I die I'll be Texas dead"</font color>
anidaisy.gif
iluvchat.gif

So, I'm addicted to chat! What's your point?
<font color=red>DIS co-Chat Mistress</font color=red>
<font color=red>Co-moderator Theme Park Attractions & Strategies </font color>
www.dreamstour.com

The Hulk Coaster uses over the shoulder harnesses, as well as a seat belt connecting from the seat to the harness. There are seats on each train (in the 5th row I believe), designed with special belts to accomadate larger guests. Simply ask the attendant at the ride entrance and they will direct you where to sit.

Have fun,
Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

Outside of the entrance to Hulk and Dueling Dragons there are tests seats you can sit in to check and make sure you fit before standing in line. If you do need the bigger seat, just tell the attendant. Hope this has been helpful.

Been there, done that, going back!!!

i'm 6'4",290lbs. and i tryed myself in the hulk seats(there are 2 sizes)and easily fit in the larger one, however, when i got to the ride, either i got in the wrong seat or it wasn't the same as the one to check because the workers(2 of them)had to use their feet to get me hooked in. i'm not kidding when i tell you it nearly crushed my chest--i did not realize how tight it was until i tried to get a full breath and my lungs could not expand. so i spent the entire ride taking quick short breaths. i should have stopped them at the beginning but i figured that once i was in i would be okay--so be careful!!it is an awesome coaste

I saw a woman "stuffed" into the Georgia scorcher at Six Flags last year. My ds and I were laughing so hard. I know it really isn't funny but the 2 workers were trying thier best to get all of her in and when they pushed on one side the other squeezed out.

<font color= red Comic Sans MS> All Star Music-April 2000 </font>
<font color= purple font= Comic Sans MS> Shades of Green- May 2002 </font>

The larger seats are easily identified by the fact that they have two seatbelts coming off of the overhead restraint instead of just one. I believe they may be in the 4th and 7th row on this coaster but I am not 100% sure.

I'm told that chest measurement is the crucial element in figuring whether you'll be able to fit into the larger seats. Apparently 54 inches is the absolute limit and even a few inches under that can be iffy.w

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

Actually, I think the double-strap seat is in the 6th row.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

When IOA first opened, each of the 6 Dragon's trains and 3 Hulk trains only had 1 seat with the two seatbelts designed to accommodate guests with larger frames. However, due to increased demand, a second seat is now available on ALL trains at Dragons and Hulk.

The seats designed to accommodate larger guests can always be found in row #3 and row #6, seat C (3rd seat over upon entering the train).

Although Doctor Doom's Fearfall also uses similar restraints, there is more "room" using the Doom harnesses. If you are able to fit in the larger seats on Hulk and Dragons, you will have no trouble fitting into any of the Doctor Doom seats.

To avoid any possibility of embarassment, there are two "test seats" outside the line areas before each of the coasters. If you can fit in these, you should be good to go.

"Compose your final, loathesome dirge!"

A few friends and I went and one of our friends was asked to get off and wait until the next coaster because he was too big. The coaster we were on didn't have the bigger seats. They said it was because of his chest size. He is 6'6 and weighs 250lbs. Of course he was quite embarrassed. But he got over it and we learned to ask for the bigger seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter