Incredible, fantastic, glorious WDW trip 1/9-1/16 (Part Two)

sprout

Earning My Ears
Wednesday morning, day two, found us awake at about 8:00 am (no alarm clock.) We had no definite plans for our first full day, but after a bit of discussion we decided on AK. We were so close to the food court, so my DH ran over to get some bagels and coffee while I got ready. We had to make a grocery store stop prior to heading to the parks, so we decided to drive that day. The grocery store we found was near the DD hotel strip-very close to our hotel. After a quick stop we were on to AK!!!

It was a beautiful, sunny morning but also very cold-around 45 degrees with a slight cold breeze. My DH thought he'd be fine with a short sleeved t-shirt, but after our tram ride to AK he knew he'd thought wrong. This gave us a great excuse to do a little shopping and we bought him a mickey sweatshirt.

We love AK-the tree of life is so incredible; I will never get bored looking at it. We headed first to A Bug's Life (my favorite 3d ride) and had no wait at all. After that we sauntered around the park with no particular plan. We have found to truly enjoy all that AK has to offer, you have to slow down and appreciate the landscape. We love the music they play and the interesting characters that walk around. We did Dinosaur, Bug's Life (twice), Kilamanjaro Safari, Jungle trek, Pangani Forest Exploration trail, and discovery island trail. It was too cold to do Kali River Rapids-bummer. The only lines we encountered were at the safari and Dinosaur. We had a fast pass for safari, so we waited in line for Dinosaur which was about a 30 minute wait. Well after about 45 seconds of standing in line, a lady walked up to us and asked if we were only a party of two. We of course said yes, and she handed us a pair of FP's she could not use. Good luck was following us all around Disney!!!!

After the rides we had a quick bite at Chakranadi Chicken Shop in Asia. This is our favorite fast food place in all of Disney. We had chicken satays with peanut sauce, corn on the cob, and pot stickers-yum, yum, yum!!

We had done all of the shows the previous year, so we decided to pass this year. I must say, though, if you have not seen Festival of the Lion King, I highly recommend it. We said goodbye to AK and decided to go on a resort tour.

We drove to the All Stars-great theming for young kids, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, and the villas at Disney Institute. We were equally impressed with all for their theming and upkeep. After that we headed to the Epcot area resorts and parked at the Yacht Club. This resort is beautiful!!! We took a tour and walked outside to check out the pool area. By this time, it had warmed up quite nicely and there were quite a few people swimming in the awesome pool area. We still had no plan, so we decided to go to epcot. We walked there along the walkway from the YC and stopped in Canada for a beavertail (delicious!). We walked around world showcase and made our way to test track and there, of course, was a huge line, so we decided to ride singles line. We got on in about 10 minutes and ended up in the same car anyway!!!! Fairy dust intervened again!

After test track we jumped on a monorail to TTC and then to Magic Kingdom just in time to catch the magical moments parade. We got some awesome pictures and then headed to tomorrow land for space mountain. We did space mountain, splash mountain, snow white's scary adventure, haunted mansion, pirates of the caribbean, peter pan's flight and buzz lightyear-the only ride we used FP on. We then made our way to main street to stake out our spot for Fantasy in The Sky fireworks which we had missed on our previous trip. This is a must see for everyone. We had an incredible view of tinkerbell flying over the castle and the fireworks are magnificent. After the show we jumped back on a monorail and made our way back to epcot for the TON parade and illuminations. We walked around world showcase and got some food in Morocco at the Tangerience Cafe-delicious food. We grabbed a spot for the parade and watched it or I should say experienced it, as it is incredible. I love the music and the costumes, and I can even be seen dancing with the puppets. After the parade we made our way toward the England and grabbed a 1/2 yard of beer at Rose and Crown Pub. We also found a great illuminations viewing spot right outside the Pub. After illuminations we took a boat ride back to the YC, grabbed our car and headed back to DL. Although we'd been gone for 12 and 1/2 hours, we decided the night was still young and we made our way to the piano bar at the main building. Once again we saw an awesome show and had a blast singing along. At midnight we called it another day and were off to the comfort and peacefullness of our room.

Boy all that food sounds great. I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter