• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Increased ticket prices coming soon?

That discount is so "slight" that I don't think it's worth a second thought from them...

But...it is possible that there is a predetermined ticket raise date and maybe it's an indicator...

I know, they could have at least offered $25 off for the 25th anniversary or something eesh. undercover tourist was cheaper except I can't use my 5% off disney gift cards on it.

But now I am wondering if i should maybe hold off on purchasing the pass to see if they come out with something tiered at slightly less... with the hedge that I have the DVC offer. I am taking my son first week of december and have the gold AP for him already so obviously there are some (very few) blackout dates associated with that already.

I am not 100%, but I think the pp saying the M word, is referring to the Disney Magic. That's a guess, but what I got out of the context.

With all due respect, just because you may not have experienced it personally or think many people would disagree, does not mean that it didn't happen or isn't a valid opinion. It's good that you didn't have the same experience or feeling that "ITALIANNYC" had because it meant you did not encounter the rudeness and immaturity. I have and it made my experience not as pleasant as it could have been.

It wasn't stated as opinion, it was stated as though it was fact. "Universal is" not "I found Universal to be". Thus the chorus of people expressing a different opinion.

I could for example point to occasions where people were obnoxious in Disney World and cast members failed to do anything about it. Should this then be extrapolated to all guests and all cast members?

First, I don't know what the M word is. Second, I was not defending Disney, but rather giving an example regarding Universal and rudeness experienced. Third, I gave just one example which happened to be about line skipping that is now going to be what people honed in on from my post.

Magic...which is nothing. It's as real as the five snipe I bagged last weekend hunting outside the lost city of Atlantis with Bigfoot.

It wasn't stated as opinion, it was stated as though it was fact. "Universal is" not "I found Universal to be". Thus the chorus of people expressing a different opinion.

I could for example point to occasions where people were obnoxious in Disney World and cast members failed to do anything about it. Should this then be extrapolated to all guests and all cast members?

If it can be argued, then it is an opinion, regardless of how it was presented. An opinion does not have to begin with "I think" in order to be opinion. In fact, the best argument writing does not utilize the personal pronoun "I" to state its case. And yes, that is also an opinion.

If it can be argued, then it is an opinion, regardless of how it was presented. An opinion does not have to begin with "I think" in order to be opinion. In fact, the best argument writing does not utilize the personal pronoun "I" to state its case. And yes, that is also an opinion.

Oh good god.

The presentation of the comment did not imply opinion it implied "this is how everyone sees it." Several people did not agree and offered a counter-perspective. They were not attacking so.

You objected to this because... why did you object? If what he said was an opinion why aren't people allowed to offer their different opinions? What is your point even?

How's this?

A truce.

Magical, rainbows & unicorns experiences can be had at every theme park in the world.
Miserable experiences can be had at every theme park in the world.
Everyone will have a different experience, and their experiences are all legitimate. But they do not mean that everyone else has that same experience.

How's this?

A truce.

Magical, rainbows & unicorns experiences can be had at every theme park in the world.
Miserable experiences can be had at every theme park in the world.
Everyone will have a different experience, and their experiences are all legitimate. But they do not mean that everyone else has that same experience.
Quit being so reasonable. ;)

I honestly thought that if someone expressed an opinion then others could too. Someone doesn't like Universal but I do. Both opinions. I do dislike seeing Universal employees painted with such a broad brush though. I've met some amazing TM's.

Anything can be argued even fact. This is a discussion board people agree and disagree many disagreed including myself.

Well...my problem is the blanket characterization of all employees in central Florida.

Has anyone worked for Disney? Well some have...and without all kinds of facts, figures and enough crazy stories to fill War and Peace...

Honestly, here's a realistic breakdown of the attitude of Disney employees out of every 5:

1. Love it - your "m" crowd
2-3. Realistic and middle of the Road
4. Far worse than "optimistic"
5. Can be in any of the first 3 categories depending on the day.

I'm being more that fair.

"Disney = Magic...Universal = Awful" is just not accurate. I can't switch off the brain waves enough to accept that.

Not to change the subject...but I'm not really seeing any buzz yet that the prices will increase tomorrow. Usually the travel agents, etc. are reporting increases by now...

Not to change the subject...but I'm not really seeing any buzz yet that the prices will increase tomorrow. Usually the travel agents, etc. are reporting increases by now...

It's funny how much time we're spending worrying over the date of the price increase, given that nobody doubts for a second there will be one.

It's funny how much time we're spending worrying over the date of the price increase, given that nobody doubts for a second there will be one.

People like to plan...as evidenced in this and other threads. :)

People like to plan...as evidenced in this and other threads. :)

But there's really nothing to plan in this case. If your vacation is more thank 6 months away the chance that the prices will have gone up before then approaches 100%.

So what advantage is there in buying the tickets 1 day before they go up as opposed to 14?

I apologize for making the statement on Universal the way I did, but IN MY OPINION, I do not see the same level of detail of the parks, and the kindness of workers at Universal that I do at Disney. ( Harry potter world being an exception) We all have different experiences and those are just mine. I do stand by the fact that you find many more high schoolers who like to cause a ruckus at Universal than you do at Disney.

Be that as it may, I still go to Universal and still plan on it. I truly enjoy the rides. I would not let any of those experiences stop me. Still though, Disney is a one of a kind experience IMO..

Now on the subject of price increases. I bought my Disney tickets after I saw the Universal increase. The woman on the phone at Disney told me they already increased their ticket prices for the 2016 year, which most likely isn't true, but still letting you know anyway.

I apologize for making the statement on Universal the way I did, but IN MY OPINION, I do not see the same level of detail of the parks, and the kindness of workers at Universal that I do at Disney. ( Harry potter world being an exception) We all have different experiences and those are just mine. I do stand by the fact that you find many more high schoolers who like to cause a ruckus at Universal than you do at Disney.

Be that as it may, I still go to Universal and still plan on it. I truly enjoy the rides. I would not let any of those experiences stop me. Still though, Disney is a one of a kind experience IMO..

Now on the subject of price increases. I bought my Disney tickets after I saw the Universal increase. The woman on the phone at Disney told me they already increased their ticket prices for the 2016 year, which most likely isn't true, but still letting you know anyway.

Thanks for clarifying.

My point is it's all the same travelers and the labor pool is all the Same.

Wdw has 65,000 employees...you think they find 50,000 "happy, quality" employees willing to do a great job starting basically the poverty line at state minimum wage?

If that's the case I have some magic beans to sell you ;)

And as far a rowdy crowds...apparently you have never been to wdw during a holiday in Rio ;)

You get lots more complaining about that than universal except perhaps Halloween horror nights.

And as far as line cutting goes...I see the "one in line, 18 "excuse mes" "method employed in wdw as much if not more than anyone else.

And I don't move for them...as it completely throws the ride wait tracking out of whack and Disney penalizes you financially if you skip/miss a meal.

I got your "magic" for that...

For most it's about more than just a price increase. It's about the possibility of a whole New pricing structure, that for some could make or break their vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter