Increased ticket prices coming soon?

No what is obnoxious is spamming this thread with vast numbers of completely unnecessary photos multiple times.

The two different things are this:

One side is arguing there is less to do at DHS therefore less for their money.
The other side is arguing that they can get more done in less time therefore they get more for their money

Two different things. It's possible for both to be true.

Pointless argument.

Both points are valid. Thank you for confirming mine.

Apparently, since it doesn't say what you claimed it said, a bigger font would indeed be useful. Context is all.

And it's still not a personal challenge.

There is no way to deny that you get less for your ticket right now at wdw 2/12/16 on a park by park basis than you have in the past. Especially studios and Epcot.

Just saying there is a way for "ME" to deny that. Proven over and over.

That's it-nothing more.

There is no way to deny that you get less for your ticket right now at wdw 2/12/16 on a park by park basis than you have in the past. Especially studios and Epcot.

Just saying there is a way for "ME" to deny that. Proven over and over.

This is not all about you. Don't you get that yet? The original statement wasn't about you exclusively, it was a generic figure of speech. The you in it isn't "you jade1", it's just "you the people reading this post". The discussion isn't about you exclusively. You've just thrown the internet equivalent of a 5 year old's temper tantrum over a rather vaguely worded statement and interpreted it in the most literal manner possible without making any effort to consider alternate interpretations.

So your "proof" doesn't really prove very much. And now you're claiming victory... so congratulations?

Why? Are you changing your mind on those of us that arrive later are doing more now than before? Because we are-a lot more.

Honestly, you are getting more done in one specific week. My last trip in 2012 (pre FP+), I arrived in HS at 5pm with my family after spending the day at AK. We rode Star Tours 5-6 times in a row, rode the Great Movie Ride twice, Tower of Terror 3 times in a row (til we couldn't take it anymore), got the last FPs and came back to ride Toy Story once, saw the last show of the day for Idol, saw the last show of the day for Little Mermaid, got dinner, and watched Fantasmic, all out of the park by about 9:30pm.

It is true between Christmas and New Years, you probably get more done now with FP+ showing up at 5:30pm...but there were many, many weeks pre-FP+ where people got way more done at HS showing up at 5pm than they do now. Part of that is FP+, and part of that is having so few attractions to "suck people away."

That's what most people are saying - your experience is not the norm with the state of HS and EPCOT and the presence of FP+ - it's the exception...

If taken generally I can agree, but would still need to have this at the end:

"Although FP+ has made it so anybody arriving for the evening can now get a lot more done than in the past."

That would make perfect sense.

Honestly, you are getting more done in one specific week. My last trip in 2012 (pre FP+), I arrived in HS at 5pm with my family after spending the day at AK. We rode Star Tours 5-6 times in a row, rode the Great Movie Ride twice, Tower of Terror 3 times in a row (til we couldn't take it anymore), got the last FPs and came back to ride Toy Story once, saw the last show of the day for Idol, saw the last show of the day for Little Mermaid, got dinner, and watched Fantasmic, all out of the park by about 9:30pm.

It is true between Christmas and New Years, you probably get more done now with FP+ showing up at 5:30pm...but there were many, many weeks pre-FP+ where people got way more done at HS showing up at 5pm than they do now. Part of that is FP+, and part of that is having so few attractions to "suck people away."

That's what most people are saying - your experience is not the norm with the state of HS and EPCOT and the presence of FP+ - it's the exception...

I don't doubt there are weeks that FP isn't needed. But there is a way "I CAN DENY" we get less done now than in the past-its because of FP+.

Who said it was for everyone? Please show me where I said that.

"I" was told there is no way to deny "I" am getting less done at DHS, thats is proven time and again above to be incorrect.

Again-show me how I could have gotten more done those evenings in the past.

Even your best guess would be fine.
You said it's fact for you but it's not a fact it's your opinion. If it was a fact it would be a fact for everyone.

Also you could've gotten as much done as you do now before with the old FP system of you utilized it to the best of its ability. This whole conversation is a lost cause because it's all everyone's opinions. You get more done now that's great for you but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

This is not all about you. Don't you get that yet? The original statement wasn't about you exclusively, it was a generic figure of speech. The you in it isn't "you jade1", it's just "you the people reading this post". The discussion isn't about you exclusively. You've just thrown the internet equivalent of a 5 year old's temper tantrum over a rather vaguely worded statement and interpreted it in the most literal manner possible without making any effort to consider alternate interpretations.

So your "proof" doesn't really prove very much. And now you're claiming victory... so congratulations?

"Although FP+ has made it so anybody arriving for the evening can now get a lot more done than in the past."

If you say "yes" to extra FP's, then you have to admit it was to save time. MY EXACT POINT.

I am saying those (FP) where long gone when we arrived in the past-how can you not see that?

Therefore FP+ has improved our DHS plans and we get way more done.

Further-we would never trade FP+ for that exact reason over anything you can name that has gone away, esp if it wasn't even open at night.

Lets here your list of what I could be getting done arriving at 5:30 in the past without FP.

Patiently waiting.
It's not necessarily for me to save time it's because someone offered. I could've gotten my own FP but I didn't because it wasn't part of my plan.

I don't have a list at this moment but it's all a matter of opinion again. What you do at DHS is not necessarily what I do.

The bold is a matter of quality vs quantity. There is less total attractions now at Epcot and DHS than before but it may be the stuff that is there is better quality. That doesn't mean there is more to do now than before though because there isn't.

I'm curious why you fail to see that what you're arguing about, wasn't even the point of her comment, in fact your whole argument has been pretty pointless. The point LoL was making was there are less attractions available. Not that you get less done, that there is less available. So yeah, no... you can't deny it because taking a simple count of previous attractions available, proves her point. Which you then took off into some twisted tangent. Absolutely mind boggling you have managed to keep arguing this for 4 pages.

Last edited:
Of course the other side of this is how much are you getting done with FP now based on the creation of waits for things that didn't exist before FP was added to them and people were pushed into taking FP times on things they would have just flowed to eventually anyway. If you are doing 3 rides in 3 hours now and you did 3 rides in 3 hours before then it is simply a break even point. id venture to say a very small minority of people use their admission cost to justify time looking at the same 5 pieces of Disney Parks merchandise in 4 different gift shops and even fewer are going to HS for the dining experience. Getting FP for things that didn't need FP (I'm looking at you Great Movie Ride) then you're not saving anything or getting any extra value. There are only two things at HS that are legitimate FP uses and that's TSMM and RnR and since you aren't supposed to get both without cheating the system then you aren't gaining that much by picking one over the other. Even worse is if you take a second day to get the FP for the other one and now you're using 2 admissions for a half day park. That's actually borderline diabolical genius for Disney to suck someone into that trap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter