• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Increase the magic ideas?

mysteriouspnai

DIS Veteran
My bf and I will be taking a longer than normal trip this year from September 13-17 to celebrate his graduation from college this December. Afterwards, we won't be seeing each other for quite some time since he'll be away at Pharm school, and I'll still be at our undergrad school. This'll be our fourth and last Disney trip for probably several years until he's out of Pharm school :(. Do you guys have any tips on how to make this trip more magical? We're going Sept 13-17, 13th at Univ, 14-16 at Disney, and 17th around the LA area. ALTHOUGH, that Orbitz deal sounds super tempting, so it may be 4 days at Disney instead. Gotta get as much magic in as we can before we go to that non-magical place called college xD. Small things, large things, expensive things, and cheap things are all welcome. Thanks for your help!

I would suggest taking lots of pics, and using Photopass as much as possible so that you can have pictures to remember your fun trip together. Maybe get each other a frame for a pic?

I agree with skiingfast, maybe you could try to get your DBF a graduation or celebration button. What about trying to purchase some graduation Mickey ears on ebay? (since they only sell them in the parks in the spring).

In any case, have lots of fun. And September 16th is the official start date to the Halloween season, just so you know. :goodvibes

We're definitely using Photopass this time around. First time! And I'm pretty excited to try the Jack Skellington Mud Coffin for some reason. Pretty bummed that Blue Bayou isn't up. We like getting creme brulee from there. It's our favorite dessert. Does anyone know of any places in town that have good creme brulee? We've also decided to spend 4 days in Disneyland to take more advantage of our photopass. Thanks for the help, and more suggestions are always welcome :)

Since you're going in December, do the Holiday tour. Lots of fun plus front of the line for Haunted Mansion and IASW plus front row VIP seating for the night parade. They give you free hot chocolate in a keepsake cup and gingerbread men plus a cool pin. We noticed that the characters in the parade gave alot of interaction to our group

As much as I would LOVE to go during the Holiday season, the prices are just too high for me to afford. We're going in September, I wonder if Happiest Haunts tour does the VIP thing too?

Maybe try the Desert package for F!. It's about $60 each. A nice dinner at Napa Rose, or maybe some drinks and light fare at the lounge.

Ask to ride on a tender at Main Street Station.

If you do take a lot of pictures think about doing a photo book. They are a great way to re-live the magic when you are having Disney withdraws. The Shutterfly website is great. You can customize almost everything and make it personalized with comments and love notes. The Disney website is not quite as versatile, but you get a lot of cool Disney graphics. Either one would be great. If you decide to do this, just take pictures like you would be telling a story. Like of signs,on the plane/tram, food, hotels, restaurants... you get the idea.

The photobook is a super cute idea! Hopefully the buy one get one photobooks promo comes back to shutterfly sometime soon. I did the storybook thing for my family's trip to WWoHP, but I didn't even think about doing this time around. Dessert Package doesn't seem to be in our budget this year, especially with a bigger trip (taking 5 days as opposed to typically 2). Tender on Main Street sounds like a wonderful idea, but I must research what a tender is first... xD

Thanks again for all the replies. Keep it up!

If you've got a park hopper or are spending any time at DCA then I suggest the Animation Building. Take a class together to draw a character (it automatically comes with a souvenir), check out the Toy Story Zoetrope, and do some singing and voice acting. It's lots of fun (especially making fun of each other's attempts at drawing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter