Incorrect Pin Codes and Suggestion

inaweofbnl

Earning My Ears
Hello to everybody out there. I have been a lurker for years, but have emerged to post in hopes of helping others.;)

After years of waiting for a code of my own, I finally got one in error. :sad2:

I booked a ressie on 10/21/08 for January 2009, no frills & no discounts. The next day I received a PIN in e-mail form. I dismissed it as advertisement only. Today I called to inquire about it. After 36 minutes, 31 of them on hold, I was told that my Pin was for AP rates for November 2008. I am NOT an AP holder.:confused3 I told her that I did have an AP for one season 8 years ago. The very friendly CM stated that it was an error and to dismiss it. She then tried to up sell my existing ressie. I politely interrupted her and asked how this could have happened.

It was then suggested to me that I was coded incorrectly in the system as an AP holder rather than a ''here's a code, good for you, you're a lucky individual" code. She stated that AP holders get the same codes via e-mail as others do, but once flagged as an AP holder they do not come as often. Yet, they are random. CM told me to call in every now and then and update my personal information such as name, address, e-mail, phone, DVC member, AP member and what ever else exists. This should be done by simply inquiring about rates or making a new reservation. :rolleyes: THIS IS GOING SOMEWHERE, I PROMISE.

Ten minutes after hanging up with the CM, I received an e-mail extending a 40% discount. It appears to be the one that has been going around.:goodvibes I do not know if the CM worked some magic or not, but after years and years of waiting, I have a code...kind of.:upsidedow

BTW...I am in Ohio and have signed up for every website, advertisement, Chase Visa, DVC DVD, etc. that I have found over the years and this was my first non GP discount that I have ever used. Coincidence?:wizard:

Hello to everybody out there. I have been a lurker for years, but have emerged to post in hopes of helping others.;)

After years of waiting for a code of my own, I finally got one in error. :sad2:

I booked a ressie on 10/21/08 for January 2009, no frills & no discounts. The next day I received a PIN in e-mail form. I dismissed it as advertisement only. Today I called to inquire about it. After 36 minutes, 31 of them on hold, I was told that my Pin was for AP rates for November 2008. I am NOT an AP holder.:confused3 I told her that I did have an AP for one season 8 years ago. The very friendly CM stated that it was an error and to dismiss it. She then tried to up sell my existing ressie. I politely interrupted her and asked how this could have happened.

It was then suggested to me that I was coded incorrectly in the system as an AP holder rather than a ''here's a code, good for you, you're a lucky individual" code. She stated that AP holders get the same codes via e-mail as others do, but once flagged as an AP holder they do not come as often. Yet, they are random. CM told me to call in every now and then and update my personal information such as name, address, e-mail, phone, DVC member, AP member and what ever else exists. This should be done by simply inquiring about rates or making a new reservation. :rolleyes: THIS IS GOING SOMEWHERE, I PROMISE.

Ten minutes after hanging up with the CM, I received an e-mail extending a 40% discount. It appears to be the one that has been going around.:goodvibes I do not know if the CM worked some magic or not, but after years and years of waiting, I have a code...kind of.:upsidedow

BTW...I am in Ohio and have signed up for every website, advertisement, Chase Visa, DVC DVD, etc. that I have found over the years and this was my first non GP discount that I have ever used. Coincidence?:wizard:

Terrific for you! And no, I can't believe it was a coincidence - sounds like a bit of pixie dust to me.

:tinker: This is great news..... I am going to wish upon a star tonight... maybe mine dream will come true too....

to the OP, let me tell you something, there is a problem with the system right now and your original email you got was in fact for you and they would have had to honor it :) Second, they have given me the runaround about my pin code asking if I was an AP holder to a Fla resident! Well, bottom line is this, they take your loooong pin code and put it to a 3 lettered code to make it easier for themselves and it seems they're just pulling up anything that matches 40% off then asking the guest if they're AP holders, Fla residents etc. when in fact the code you received belongs to you and is a 40% off code. I had to have the manager of guest services call me back to tell me this (after I was already told this the first time I called :confused3 ) but every CM you speak with has a different story. One even try to tell me it was my nieces! lol :rotfl2: She has a different last name than my family name and my name is clearly in this email. So they said it should be fixed by today but I never called back to find out, I'm just not worried about it, I have my email to back me up :thumbsup2

So I am sooooooooooo happy you got a second email :thumbsup2 but if you didn't I would have got an angry mob together with pitchforks and torches to storm the castle gates of Disney to get your discount lol ;)

to the OP, let me tell you something, there is a problem with the system right now and your original email you got was in fact for you and they would have had to honor it :) Second, they have given me the runaround about my pin code asking if I was an AP holder to a Fla resident! Well, bottom line is this, they take your loooong pin code and put it to a 3 lettered code to make it easier for themselves and it seems they're just pulling up anything that matches 40% off then asking the guest if they're AP holders, Fla residents etc. when in fact the code you received belongs to you and is a 40% off code. I had to have the manager of guest services call me back to tell me this (after I was already told this the first time I called :confused3 ) but every CM you speak with has a different story. One even try to tell me it was my nieces! lol :rotfl2: She has a different last name than my family name and my name is clearly in this email. So they said it should be fixed by today but I never called back to find out, I'm just not worried about it, I have my email to back me up :thumbsup2

So I am sooooooooooo happy you got a second email :thumbsup2 but if you didn't I would have got an angry mob together with pitchforks and torches to storm the castle gates of Disney to get your discount lol ;)

Since you are familiar with this situation, let me ask you this: Is it unusual for them to send the nearly EXACT same e-mail AGAIN only this time it is addressed to The "Smith" Family rather than to me personally? I received another e-mail last night, same e-mail address, called them to see why and got the same story about the AP holder. This time, the person had the answer immediately and asked no questions. Any ideas?:confused3

Sounds great! We too order the DVC dvds, filled out every survey they send, have traveled & stayed on property for about 10 years, stayed in a deluxe more than any other resort and still no discounts. I wish they would give some kind of break to frequent returning guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter