Incorporating Disney Music into your Event

fmdelano

Earning My Ears
How has everyone incorporated Disney music into their events? What Disney songs have you used at key times in the event? I am considering using Disney music during the recessional, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, etc... Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks all!!

I read your post first, cause I was married there. Then I read your date, my brother and sis-in-law, my sis-in-laws sister and her husband, and my neighbors were all married on June 5th!!!

fmdelano said:
How has everyone incorporated Disney music into their events? What Disney songs have you used at key times in the event? I am considering using Disney music during the recessional, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, etc... Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks all!!

I just picked my music - we're having an intimate so it'll be:

Prelude / seating = Be our guest
Groom/Mother/Minister = Colours of the wind
Bridal party - part of your world
Bride - beauty and the beast
recessional - can you feel the love tonight
First dance - a whole new world

We're having a violinist so I picked based on the music - and recognisable tunes (not all the guests are big disney fans like me!!) rather than the words.

If we were having singing I may have picked differently.

Hope this helps and good luck with the planning :Pinkbounc

i am using a sound system for the reception and made all the cd's myself. There is disney music throughout the cd's. I have be our guest, stuff from wishes, ride themes, etc. For the ceremony, i picked all disney songs except for a few classical selections for the prelude/seating to accompany the disney songs.

Have A Disney Day!!

We are having in intimate wedding with mostly Disney music, but I picked not only by sound but by words because everyone coming knows these songs.

Groom/Minister - Someday My Prince Will Come
Bridal Party - Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Bride - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Recessional - Under the Sea - very upbeat and will make everyone laugh!

First dance - Beautiful by Sarah Brightman (only non Disney song for now)
Mother/Son dance - still nothing chosen
Dance with my two sons - You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan

I feel you should listen to the music then look at the words and pick what best suits you and your husband to be. I actually wanted Beauty and the Beast but everyone I mentioned it to told me they knew the song and words and woudl start to snicker, am I calling my new husband a beast they said, so I picked something else. I bought the Disney Wedding CD at Walmart and it helped out alot.

We are having an intimate too, with just the violinist.

Since it's just us (no guests) we decided to use Disney music exclusively and we picked the songs we wanted.

Groom/Officiant: Can you feel the love tonight (DH2B wanted this song)
Bride: Once Upon A Dream
Recessional: Zip a Dee Doo Dah

And then hopefully these can be played too (during pictures and the cake cutting):

“So this is Love”
“It’s a Small World”
“Belle Notte”
“When you wish upon a star”
“A dream is a wish your heart makes”
“Someday my Prince will come”

We provided our dj with a bunch of Disney music (ones with lyrics and only instrumentals) to be filtered in throughout the reception. We played 'Be Our Guest while waitstaff was bringing our dinner into the room. DH and I almost used 'you'll be in my heart' for our first dance.

we are using so this is love instrumental version as one of the songs during the guest seating, baby mine by bette midler from dumbo during our childhood photo montage at the prereception & other instrumental disney song versions during the prereception like when you wish upon a star & zippededooda, be our guest & the indiana jones theme song during the receiving line from the prereception to the reception, under the sea during the toasts, in the jungle from the lion king & if i never knew you from pocahontas during the reception dancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter