• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Incomplete User Profiles

Delnjudy

Earning My Ears
:confused3
Hi All,
We haven't been on the board long but it seems like very few people fill out their user profiles. Is there any particular reason (other that personal security)? I know that the younger members shouldn't be putting that info out but what about us adults. I guess I really like being able to visualize the person to whom I am conversing.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO get out there and put some pics in your profiles................................Please.

:thumbsup2

Judy

I'm with you about putting pics in your sig.. I would say that it's security for alot of people, especially for putting pics of their kids on the net.

I'm with you about putting pics in your sig.. I would say that it's security for alot of people, especially for putting pics of their kids on the net.

It is helpful when you can click on the their name and you then have the option of opening their public profile but there is nothing there.:sad2:

Oh Well such is life.

:)

Didn't even know you could do this. I just did it and wow I love your bike and my husband does too.

Thanks, We really enjoy riding it. We have alot of friends to ride with when the weather is nice. Unlike today. It is snowing right now but it is suppose to be back up in the mid 60's by Sunday. We are planning on going on an April Fools Day Poker Run. Colorado is a great place to ride.This is a pic from last fall.
PA010105.jpg

:confused3
Hi All,
We haven't been on the board long but it seems like very few people fill out their user profiles. Is there any particular reason (other that personal security)? I know that the younger members shouldn't be putting that info out but what about us adults. I guess I really like being able to visualize the person to whom I am conversing.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO get out there and put some pics in your profiles................................Please.

BRAVO!
bravo.gif

I have been wondering that myself these past few weeks that I have begun posting in earnest. I have hit many a profile to see to whom I was responding and find far more lack of information and pictures than I do of info and pics.

I was afraid to say anything because I thought I might be way off base. I'm glad to see that other people think the same.

So, you DIS users out there, let us know a little bit about you! We won't bite -- we promise! :)

that profile area, I believe is a fairly new thing.. as in just a couple months ago, it was added on.

That might be why not so many people have them filled out.

BRAVO!
bravo.gif

I have been wondering that myself these past few weeks that I have begun posting in earnest. I have hit many a profile to see to whom I was responding and find far more lack of information and pictures than I do of info and pics.

I was afraid to say anything because I thought I might be way off base. I'm glad to see that other people think the same.

So, you DIS users out there, let us know a little bit about you! We won't bite -- we promise! :)

Mike, Glad to see there are other 'real' people out there. Thought maybe were in a universe of animated fictional characters.

that profile area, I believe is a fairly new thing.. as in just a couple months ago, it was added on.

Plantlady,
Thanks for the info. Like I said we are fairly new here so did not realize that feature was a recent addition. That might explain a lot of the 'blue outlined' people we see when we go to the profiles.

Maybe the moderators should get together and make that a "sticky" in their different areas -- encouraging the DIS users to fill out the "new" profile area. What do you think?

Yes, a few months ago they re-did the DIS, and all of us who had profiles previously, like myself, no longer have them available for the public to see. As far as I know, nobody was informed that we needed to redo our profiles (or at least I wasn't, and I've been a member for over a year). Another thing that really stinks is that you can't see previous posts by other users, which used to be helpful some of the time. BTW, I just checked, and if you go to the top under quick links and view your profile (for those that used to have one posted), it's still there and the same, but if I go to my name next to this post and click on "view public profile", then I get nothing! Very aggravating because my info still does exist!

Maybe the moderators should get together and make that a "sticky" in their different areas -- encouraging the DIS users to fill out the "new" profile area. What do you think?

I'm new to posting on this group and I'm still not sure how to go about filling things in and don't know how to tell what does and does not show up in your profile. Is there anything that gives a new person a quick run down of how to do this. The whole forum thing is new to me, so maybe that adds to my confusion. :confused3

I think that few people look at stickies. The signature rules are stickied at the top of each forum but look how many people have sigs that vastly violate the rules.

I think that few people look at stickies. The signature rules are stickied at the top of each forum but look how many people have sigs that vastly violate the rules.

Thou most assuredly speaketh the truth! :)

It was just a thought . . .

Mine is done but I've been working on it a while.

I didn't realize you could do that...especially someone with a computer-tech handicap. LOL!
Hey Delnjudy, judging by your countdown, we're going to the world at the same time! We'll be at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter