Including LegoLand in our week at the world....

Wes1stTrip2016

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

I have been planning now for over a year for our trip to Disney! We will be down from 2/27-3/5. We will have 4 park days and 2 days with nothing planned.

My son who is turning 5 has been asking over and over to go to LEGOLAND, ugh, really kid, do you not know what I've gone thru (the cost cutting, saving and planning) for your Disney trip! LOL

Anyways....I beginning to thinking that maybe we should surprise him and take him on one of our non park days. I've seen if I buy the tickets in advance, I can save a good bit.

We are staying at Pop Century and it looks as if LL will be open 10-5 while we are there.

Just wondering what the logistics are to getting over there and pack (travel time, we will have our own car) and if its worth the time outside the Dis bubble. Also, will Mom & Dad have fun, can we fit on all the rides or is everything pretty much kid sized?

Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks!!

We absolutely love LEGOLAND... in California first, and since it opened in Florida we've been more inclined to go to Disney World. Go! It's a little under an hour drive, no big deal. The park is ideal for younger kids, and yours is 5 so that's just perfect. One of the best features is the hotel. It's worth staying there as the first or last night of your vacation just to experience the hotel.

We loved Legoland, too. Went with my 5 and 7 years olds. Adults can ride a lot of the rides. It's just a different experience than Disney. They got to ride some of their favorite rides over and over again with little wait. We went to the back of the park right away and rode flying school at least three times in a row, and it was MLK day. They loved it. And the lego models in the middle of the park are great, some are interactive.

Starting to sound like I'm going to have to convince DH it is worth the extra $215 in park tickets!! =)

Hello everyone!

I have been planning now for over a year for our trip to Disney! We will be down from 2/27-3/5. We will have 4 park days and 2 days with nothing planned.

My son who is turning 5 has been asking over and over to go to LEGOLAND, ugh, really kid, do you not know what I've gone thru (the cost cutting, saving and planning) for your Disney trip! LOL

Anyways....I beginning to thinking that maybe we should surprise him and take him on one of our non park days. I've seen if I buy the tickets in advance, I can save a good bit.

We are staying at Pop Century and it looks as if LL will be open 10-5 while we are there.

Just wondering what the logistics are to getting over there and pack (travel time, we will have our own car) and if its worth the time outside the Dis bubble. Also, will Mom & Dad have fun, can we fit on all the rides or is everything pretty much kid sized?

Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks!!
It's perfect for kids of your age group. Takes about 45 minutes to drive over there. Most of the of rides you can go on as a family. They also have some shows.

One tip: When you get there, the front will be busy. Move to the back of the park and do the things there. Later in the day, the front of the park will be much less busy.

Go for Legoland

Drive from Pop Century towards A.K. then swing Left onto Sherbeth Rd for Hwy 192

Turn Right on Hwy 192 and straight on to Hwy 27 SOUTH ( Under Bridge ) stay on through Haines City

And till you the the Signs for Legoland Right Turn.

About an hours drive each way.

On way back ... drive the same way and stop to eat at many of the eating places on the way.

We are going to legoland on our trip next week. I'm looking forward to the ski show. None of the other parks do them anymore.

You might be able to find a kids fee coupon from a restaurant. I found one at Subway and last time we were in Florida the McDonalds near downtown Disney was giving them away.

We are going to legoland on our trip next week. I'm looking forward to the ski show. None of the other parks do them anymore.

You might be able to find a kids fee coupon from a restaurant. I found one at Subway and last time we were in Florida the McDonalds near downtown Disney was giving them away.

Did you pre purchase your tickets for LL? The link posted above does work, so I thought of getting 1 adult, 1 free child - then purchasing the 7 day advance ticket from LL directly for the 2nd adult...looks to save about $50.

Yes
Did you pre purchase your tickets for LL? The link posted above does work, so I thought of getting 1 adult, 1 free child - then purchasing the 7 day advance ticket from LL directly for the 2nd adult...looks to save about $50.
yes we did. We actually homeschool so we were able to get the homeschool rate.

There are usually buy 1 get 1 child's ticket free in the Lego Club magazines. I just found our current magazine and the discount code is 169906.

Definitely go to Legoland, it's awesome and so different from Disney. Totally worth the 45 minute drive.

There are usually buy 1 get 1 child's ticket free in the Lego Club magazines. I just found our current magazine and the discount code is 169906.

Definitely go to Legoland, it's awesome and so different from Disney. Totally worth the 45 minute drive.

Is that code to be used on the LEGOLAND site? I did the 7 day prepurchase option and there is no where to add a promo code - I will assume its only off the full price tickets.

I'm so tempted to try the Florida PTA tickets, just concerned I buy them and get there and they don't work for us?!?! =(

Is that code to be used on the LEGOLAND site? I did the 7 day prepurchase option and there is no where to add a promo code - I will assume its only off the full price tickets.

I would assume it's only off the full price tickets too but we bought our tickets through Costco so I haven't used the code from the magazines before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter