Incident @ Grand Californian Yesterday

joedave12

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what was going on there yesterday? Helicopters, ambulances, police... It was around 815pm. Just hoping everyone is ok!

Well our only incident yesterday was that the water was out most of the morning.

It was our checkout day, so I can't comment on anything that happened later in the day!

No showers, no flushing toilets, definitely no fun.

That said, they did give us pretty good compensation for it.

There was an electrical fire in room 5322. The fridge apparently caught fire. We were across the hall and couldn't get to our room.

There was an electrical fire in room 5322. The fridge apparently caught fire. We were across the hall and couldn't get to our room.

I hope everyone was okay regardless...just goes to show these things can happen anywhere. :firefight

Huh. We had no water last Thurs morning. No compensation. It was out for about 3 hours though. And we did stay on points, so maybe they couldn't. They said there was a water main break.

We're still here and they have unplugged all the fridges and said they are being recalled...if you need a fridge they have one in bell services to use.

We're still here and they have unplugged all the fridges and said they are being recalled...if you need a fridge they have one in bell services to use.

Any idea if this is the same for the other Disney hotels or only the Grand?

When were the fridges unplugged?
We were there for one night (6/14) and the fridge in 4333 was working.

I don't know about other hotels...just the grand. I am guessing it started after the 14th since that is when the fire occurred. Ours was not unplugged then but we left on the 15th and then came back on the 16th and noticed it wasn't working. When I called that is what was told to me.

I was told about this incident just now. I wanted I chime in that I was on the 6th floor of the GCH last month when we lost water. I was in the shower at the time. With shampoo freshly lathered when the water disappeared! It was sometime around 6:10am or so that I'm guessing. I was told a water pipe burst.

I was not a concierge guest, but I threw on some clothes and wrapped my sudsy head in a towel, begging the concierge to provide some bottled water to rinse the shampoo out.

I was on the Adventures by Disney tour, and we were not offered anything. I discovered a bribe of cookies and milk in my room that night, by no monetary compensation.

This is probably why the fridges are now being changed in some reasons across WDW, DL and Aulani.

I was told about this incident just now. I wanted I chime in that I was on the 6th floor of the GCH last month when we lost water. I was in the shower at the time. With shampoo freshly lathered when the water disappeared! It was sometime around 6:10am or so that I'm guessing. I was told a water pipe burst.

I was not a concierge guest, but I threw on some clothes and wrapped my sudsy head in a towel, begging the concierge to provide some bottled water to rinse the shampoo out.

I was on the Adventures by Disney tour, and we were not offered anything. I discovered a bribe of cookies and milk in my room that night, by no monetary compensation.

Oh dear! Sudsy hair and no rinse water? That is hideous! Did you get the bottled water? I can't imagine being in that predicament and only being offered a plate of cookies--that's ridiculous!!! So sorry that happened:sad2:!

Oh dear! Sudsy hair and no rinse water? That is hideous! Did you get the bottled water? I can't imagine being in that predicament and only being offered a plate of cookies--that's ridiculous!!! So sorry that happened:sad2:!

Yes, the concierge water bottles were those mini sized bottles. He gave me four. I equate that to about 2 bottles of Dasani. I had first called the front desk about the shampoo predicament, and they said they would send up room service with bottled water. I had my concierge idea before room service arrived, so that was fine.

Room service arrived with one bottle of Dasani. If I hadn't gotten the other water, I would have been annoyed by the single bottle!

That stinks. As we opened our door to leave for the morning (we had a boat trip planned) a guy came by and gave us an 8-pack of Dasani. We figured there was no Dasani in all the Costco's and Targets in SoCal. We took one or two with us and stashed the rest.

DH had to go without a shower. I had showered the night before (phew).

They were the smaller bottles. 8 or 12 oz probably. We stayed on points. No compensation either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter