Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

So here's some good news. Denny agreed to go back to Disney in November of 2011 right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas! He said he will be ready to go back by then. lol! I pitched my idea of the one night premium or platinum package and I thinks he's in. So 2 nights regular resort (he actually requested POR - go figure, but yeah!) and 3 nights DVC. I am super psyched cause I got the may trip with the East meet West girls, then sept/early October with the soccer moms (we may go to HH and savannah instead of Disney), and then November with the Denster! Can you say super WOOT? I can and I can say it more than once. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! :woohoo:

OK yeah, so I am just finding this now but :banana: I booked this week and there is still a chance it won't work out but I figured it was ticker worthy!! Think Denny will loan you to me for a night? My parents will be with us for a few days and maybe for my b-day present they will take the boys for a few hours!! Maybe a redo on the cave?

What an ordeal with the AP! I am glad you were able to work it all out though. Whew! Not to mention what a blessing it was that you noticed the mistake before you left the World.

Tell me about it! I would have been sick if I hadn't noticed until I got home. That would have horrible and so stressful! It was blessing indeed.

Love all the old photos of Hollywood in Guest Services. Very neat touch!

Aren't they great! That was the one plus to spending 20 mins in guest services. I got to peruse everything in there. It is a great touch!

Well, I have to say having no agenda while at DHS certainly paid off for all of us with all those great photos you took! :thumbsup2

And there are more. I have quite a few more! Shocking, I know! :laughing:

Okay, I am sure I will be gripping the handrails for dear life when I am forced to go on TOT. LOL!

IMO there is NOTHING wrong with gripping those handrails. I like to STAY in my seat. thank you very much!

:rotfl: Love your waiting for the bus pictures!!! Alice really does look demented!! I see a little charm bracelet off to the left of her with the little bottle that says 'drink me.' I was always very good at playing I Spy :rotfl2:

Crazy demented! Just so weird. Really - there is a bracelet that says "drink me". I have to go back and look at that. :rotfl:

@ Glenn...I had to go back and look at the parachute guy...he really does look like he was about to crash into BLT :rotfl:

He really does. I guess I didn't realize it because I saw him fly behind the building.

Very, very nice shots...even for being hungover and errrr moody ;)

Thanks.....I think! :rotfl: Fortunately my bad mood didn't last that long. Honestly, out of everything that happened, I think my son texting me that he was sick bothered me the most. I could roll with the rest of the stuff.

:
Thankfully you cleared up the AP mishap....I happened to look at mine last week knowing that my renewal is soon....how odd. It was nice because last year I got an extra three months or something like that :confused:

Three extra months???? Nice. I do remember for awhile they were doing that promotion where you got 3 extra months, so maybe you renewed then. If they do that again I will definitely renew in September. If not, I think I will wait. I'm not sure what's happening with my girls fall trip. One of my friends is on a tight budget because her DH was out of work for away, so the park ticket and airfare might be too much. We may end up at HHI.

:used:

I have been putting stuff away for my OL....I will ship it down in a box for when we are there. I will still probably check a bag anyways :rotfl2: Seriously there are certain things I want there....pool bags, plastic wine glasses, detergent, full size beach towels, flat iron and so on...that way I can just focus on what I want to wear and buy when I am there :laughing:

ahhhh....wine glasses - great idea. In fact, I was going to look for some fun glasses at the dollar store. Hopefully the spring/summer stuff will out be soon. Detergent is a great idea too and you can never have too many beach towels.

:
I actually enjoy HS....I love the atmosphere...that it is a smaller park and easy to get from one place to another...and of course I LOVE TOT :rolleyes1 Could go on it over and over and over again...:rotfl: But that is okay....that is what my niece is for in October :rolleyes1 My favorite is when you go up first instead of drop...very unexpected :thumbsup2

Tracy

Well I am good for at least one ride. I might try a second if you twist my arm.

Going up first is fun. I like that because I know the big "stomach in the mouth" drop is close.

OK yeah, so I am just finding this now but :banana: I booked this week and there is still a chance it won't work out but I figured it was ticker worthy!! Think Denny will loan you to me for a night? My parents will be with us for a few days and maybe for my b-day present they will take the boys for a few hours!! Maybe a redo on the cave?

No - I told you we were going....on your TR. We already have a reservation.
:woohoo: Yeah - you booked! It sounded like you weren't completely sure. That's great!!!!

Denny will be thrilled to get rid of me for a night. :rotfl: A Redo on the cave sounds great.

But listen to this - Denny really wants to go on a cruise now so we are toying with taking one over November. I don't think that will work out because my eldest son will be in limbo and be on break from college, but I have no idea which dates and for how long. We are actually considering doing a cruise right over thanksgiving week. Unfortunately, it probably won't be a Disney cruise. They are really expensive that week. If we book through someone else we can have two separate rooms and go cheaper.

So - right now I have our after T'giving reservation, but who knows what's going to happen. I promise to keep you posted. One way or another I am going SOMEWHERE!

No - I told you we were going....on your TR. We already have a reservation.
:woohoo: Yeah - you booked! It sounded like you weren't completely sure. That's great!!!!

Denny will be thrilled to get rid of me for a night. :rotfl: A Redo on the cave sounds great.

But listen to this - Denny really wants to go on a cruise now so we are toying with taking one over November. I don't think that will work out because my eldest son will be in limbo and be on break from college, but I have no idea which dates and for how long. We are actually considering doing a cruise right over thanksgiving week. Unfortunately, it probably won't be a Disney cruise. They are really expensive that week. If we book through someone else we can have two separate rooms and go cheaper.

So - right now I have our after T'giving reservation, but who knows what's going to happen. I promise to keep you posted. One way or another I am going SOMEWHERE!

I hadn't forgotten you were going that week...I was just excited to see your announcement :goodvibes I'm not entirely certain the trip will happen but I got a great PIN code and wanted to lock in the rate. Still, I'm excited at the possibility of seeing you again, and getting another margarita!!

A cruise could be a fun way to spend turkey day (and I'm sure with kids on break, Disney jacks up their prices!) If the trip happens, we'll head down the day before Thanksgiving and spend a few days at my parents before heading to WDW.

I've been spending my morning getting caught up on all my trip report subscriptions. I can't believe that you waited almost an hour for a HS bus! Well, I guess I can because when we ate at Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to DTD. We were, literally, running through DTD trying to get to Cirque du Soliel in time. Totally ticked me off!

I'm sure you were glad you noticed the date on your AP. Like you said a :scared1: moment for sure. At least the castmember was able to fix the problem.

Hummm, I am sure there was other stuff I wanted to post but I'm having a brain fart and can't remember what it was.:laughing:

We started telling the other bus drivers, but it seemed like there was nothing they could do or where even interested in. I really don't know what the problem was, but I hope it doesn't happen to you in a few weeks.

I hope not either! :scared1: But it does happen....at least once a trip it seems. :rolleyes:

There is a slight story to the butt picking picture: she was sitting on a bench with a "wet paint" sign on it, and guess what happened? She got paint on her butt - surprise!

D4D

Oh no! That is awful for her! But seriously...it's almost like a comedy skit! How could she not see the sign?!?!

Loved your updates! I always tell myself I am going to not hold on during ToT, but I can't help it -- I just have to! I chicken at the last second and can't let go in fear the seat belt will let loose.

Yes, I know. Ridiculous. :laughing:

Like I could hold myself down if the seat belt let loose!!!!!!!!! I KNOW this but my craZy logic takes over each and every ride. :rolleyes: I am going to try again this time!!!

So glad your AP ordeal got worked out. What a mess that could have been...ugh!

Beautiful pictures! I love the details you captured in DHS, it's got such interesting architecture.

I hadn't forgotten you were going that week...I was just excited to see your announcement :goodvibes I'm not entirely certain the trip will happen but I got a great PIN code and wanted to lock in the rate. Still, I'm excited at the possibility of seeing you again, and getting another margarita!!

Totally excited about the possibility of meeting again and getting "another" Rita for you and "a first" for me. :rotfl: LOL - Kidding - Just cause I couldn't drink in May doesn't mean I haven't made up for it! ;)

Congrats on the pin code!

I
A cruise could be a fun way to spend turkey day (and I'm sure with kids on break, Disney jacks up their prices!) If the trip happens, we'll head down the day before Thanksgiving and spend a few days at my parents before heading to WDW.

Oh - that's so nice that you get to spend T'giving with your folks. That's perfect. We have friends who live in Daytona and I suggest to Denny that we might want to visit them for T'giving. That is if we are in Orlando on the actual holiday.

I've been spending my morning getting caught up on all my trip report subscriptions. I can't believe that you waited almost an hour for a HS bus! Well, I guess I can because when we ate at Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to DTD. We were, literally, running through DTD trying to get to Cirque du Soliel in time. Totally ticked me off!

Oh....That would be awful. I would hate to miss Cirque because of a bus. I actually almost missed Cirque last May and we didn't take the bus. We had a car, but everyone was goofing around and it took forever to leave. I did the same thing - mad dash to will call to pick up the tickets. Phew. Got there literally one minute before the show started.

I'm sure you were glad you noticed the date on your AP. Like you said a :scared1: moment for sure. At least the castmember was able to fix the problem.

I was so relieved. That was a very unsettling 20 minutes. I am so glad it worked out well. Hopefully no glitches in May.

Hummm, I am sure there was other stuff I wanted to post but I'm having a brain fart and can't remember what it was.:laughing:

I hear on that - I do the same thing. I think of 10 things I want to comment on, but can only remember three. Drives me crazy. I have to stop over on you TR to see if you finally got photobucket working.

I hope not either! :scared1: But it does happen....at least once a trip it seems. :rolleyes:

Funny how that happens, isn't it? :confused3

Oh no! That is awful for her! But seriously...it's almost like a comedy skit! How could she not see the sign?!?!

Seriously, it was like a comedy skit. Still, I am convinced that paint was already dry. That sign had been up since morning (saw it on my run) and it was hot that day.

Loved your updates! I always tell myself I am going to not hold on during ToT, but I can't help it -- I just have to! I chicken at the last second and can't let go in fear the seat belt will let loose.

Yes, I know. Ridiculous. :laughing:

Like I could hold myself down if the seat belt let loose!!!!!!!!! I KNOW this but my craZy logic takes over each and every ride. :rolleyes: I am going to try again this time!!!

Well, if you don't hold yourself down in the seat you feel like you are in suspended animation - just hanging mid air. I think its a weird feeling. So I always push myself into the seat. And I have that undone seat belt fear too.

So glad your AP ordeal got worked out. What a mess that could have been...ugh!

Beautiful pictures! I love the details you captured in DHS, it's got such interesting architecture.

I am so glad it all got worked out. It could have been a disaster. I am so glad I found the mistake and could spend the 20 mins to fix it.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. The park really does have a lot of interesting features and details. Especially ToT - that building is amazing.

I haven't DISed in a couple days, so I am behind again. The last couple of days have been really busy at work. Last night I worked on a new youtube video. I wanted to record a song with harmony and multiple instrument tracks. Its a little messy cause I couldn't get the voices to synch up very well. I made the second guitar a little too loud. But I actually put captions in with the words, so I think the video part turned out well. The recording is just a little sub par.

But the good news is I included some pictures from the AK and WL. Please watch if you have a couple minutes (4 to be exact):flower3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-trJ22pOc

ME, I am SO far behind that I can't possibly comment. But I did skim and love the pictures at the Studios. I hate PACKING to go home too. :sad2:

ME, I am SO far behind that I can't possibly comment. But I did skim and love the pictures at the Studios. I hate PACKING to go home too. :sad2:

No problem. Catch up when you get a chance. I have to update my links. Plus I need to check back in on your PTR and see what's up. I know you have had a lot going on at home.

Lovely video MEK!!

Thanks SO MUCH for watching Michelle! I do appreciate it!

Just watched the video and it's great. The lyrics are so beautiful and the pictures are simply gorgeous.

Thank you so much for watching!!!! I am trying to gradually convert all my songs into videos. I am just such a perfectionist that I hear every mistake. I would eventually like to have professional recordings made of my better songs using a bigger variety of instruments. But thank you so much for watching!!!!!!

Beautiful song Mary Ellen!!!!

Thanks so much for listening Brooke! I am so glad you enjoyed it. I feel so honored when people listen to my music/ watch my videos. It's hard for me to judge if they are really worthy of posting. Although people post some crazy stuff on youtube!

Very nice Mary Ellen.:goodvibes The pictures go so well with your song. I really like that type of music. Can you hear my applause?!;)

Very nice Mary Ellen.:goodvibes The pictures go so well with your song. I really like that type of music. Can you hear my applause?!;)

Thank you for taking the time to listen. Yes - I think I can hear the applause. :rotfl2: Seriously, thank you for listening!

Fabulous DHS pics!!! I'll admit, I loved reading your TR's while I was at home - and I lurked a little on this one (have to finish catching up!) ...hope that doesn't sound too creepy! :laughing: Can't wait to keep reading!! :goodvibes

Beautiful song Mary Ellen! :goodvibes

Thanks glenn! Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really appreciate it!

Pretty video!!!!!!!!!! and as always, lovely lovely voice :goodvibes

Hey Cynthia - glad you enjoyed the video. I have been feeling the need to get more of my music recorded and posted on youtube. I decided to work on another song tonight, hence no update. But fortunately the song went well so if it still sounds OK tomorrow I can start working on its video.

Fabulous DHS pics!!! I'll admit, I loved reading your TR's while I was at home - and I lurked a little on this one (have to finish catching up!) ...hope that doesn't sound too creepy! :laughing: Can't wait to keep reading!! :goodvibes

Welcome! Thanks for joining in. And not creepy at all to lurk. That's what the boards are for. Glad you are enjoying the pics. I hope to do an update soon. I am turning into a slacker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter