Inaugural Tinker Bell Half marathon- Are you in?

rovahapa

Mouseketeer
The inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon is in 10 days!!!:cheer2:
make that 5 DAYS
Any other Cruisers going to run with us. My wife and I have a couple halves completed- not competitive but we have a great time. We are dressing up for this one to add to the fun. So how about you reply with-

Who you are:confused3
If you have done this before:yay:
What time do you hope/expect to complete in?:woohoo:
Any other thoughts- :banana:

For me-
I have done 3 half marathons- not fast but fun- PR of 2:10
Running with my wife we should be done in around 2:20- she has a back injury so finishing is the goal at this point
I will be there Friday and plan to meet others that are going on the MR cruise 2 weeks after. BEST JANUARY EVER

Almost 100 views-:) no reply:sad1:

One week to go- The avatar is DW and I in our race costumes :goodvibes

Yes indeed I will be there! I have also done the WDW half last January, and Disneyland Half in September. My training has been pretty minimal this time so I expect a time between 3:00-3:15. I have a long run tomorrow (I know,I know- no real taper). Disney runs there are so many picture taking opportunities and I partake in them all!

The good news is that with a week to go I am neither injured nor sick which is a first!

No cruise for us with the Tinkerbell- we live locally. Although I will run the Castaway Cay 5K in March again! That's the run that first got me to be a "runner".

I am doing the 5K. Not ready to do a 1/2 marathon just yet.

Looking forward to it, and the fun and excitement.

Sue Ellen

I will be there! It will be my 8th half marathon (3rd w/Disney). I'm slow, so I only hope to finish in under 3 hours.
Next month, I'll be doing the Princess at WDW to get the Coast to Coast medal AND I am boarding the Dream right after. :)

My husband and I will be running this one together! :thumbsup2 It will be our first half marathon - the only other race we have done is the Disneyland 5K over a year ago, but I just couldn't pass this one up! Its over the weekend following my 30th birthday, so I am using it as an excuse to head into the next decade working hard on staying healthy! We are both from Portland, OR and have been sticking with run one minute, walk one minute so will likely finish around 2:45 unless we get excited and go faster (a definite possibility but I don't want to injure myself so I'll try to stay calm, lol!)

I will be walking the Inaugural Tinker Bell half marathon and then heading to my hotel for a quick shower (I'm staying at a Best Western that is across the street from the parking lot where the race finishes!) and then up to Paradise Pier to catch the transfer bus to the cruise.

This will be my 11th half marathon and my seventh Disney half. I have done one of each Disney half marathon plus an extra Disneyland one, the latest one being the Marathon Relay in WDW on January 8. This will be my third Coast-to-Coast Challenge medal too!

The weather is supposed to be very nice-:cloud9: maybe too warm for those coming from the north.

My wife and I – along with my sister, are going to be onsite Friday afternoon through the race- then cruise in two weeks. :banana:

If you see us, say “Hi”, we will be in our “Phineas and Isabella” costumes for the race- I’m guessing corral “C” – I was in “B” last time but started with the wife in “D”. If we ever break 2-hours we might get to start in corral “A”

And what is the deal with the continual price increase?!? The race in September is $150!!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter