Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

Just curious....has anyone sent a note to Disney with their race feedback AND gotten a response? I would love to know if they are planning to make changes to the whole setup for next year.

Maura

Just curious....has anyone sent a note to Disney with their race feedback AND gotten a response? I would love to know if they are planning to make changes to the whole setup for next year.

Maura

Its on my 'to do' list. Hopefully by this weekend.

OT - Are you doing the Free Press Marathon?

Shannon, speaking of "back of the packers", you were always just a little ahead of me. Everytime I got close to you, I'd holler out at you but then you would take off running. I thought I might be scaring you or something. :teeth: Just kidding. I knew it was you because you had your name on the back of your shirt and something about DISboards. I think you were wearing earbuds and I assumed that you just couldn't hear me.

Awww that stinks, I wish I had heard you...I swear I am half deaf to begin with and then I blast my music when running to keep motivated! I wish I had heard you :sad2: sorry about that!! I read your post and had a hilarious mental picture of that situation though :rotfl:

Thanks everyone! This was such an accomplishment for me. I felt like I was floating on cloud 9 for the rest of the week. Sadly, I don't think I got to take the time to enjoy it as much as I should have since I felt so badly about my friend being swept. I didn't want to remind her too much that she didn't finish. :sad1:

This was really the first run/walk I'd ever done without my ipod. I had it with me, but at the last minute chose to go without it. I'm so glad I did. Even though I was too scared to stop for any reason, I was able to take in everything around me, and chat with a few other participants as I went along.

Maura

I sent an email on the 6th, got an automated response saying I would be contacted within 2 business days and haven't heard back. I don't really expect to hear back but wanted to send the email with my thoughts anyways.

I forgot to mention that my Mom (my travel buddy) was at Epcot prior to park closing and had her ticket to the Finish Line Party. She had to exit the park (as expected) and wait for the park to be cleared before allowed to reenter for the party. In that time that she was waiting she saw CMs announcing to regular guests leaving the park that they could buy a ticket to the Finish Line Party and stay in Epcot until 3am.

My Mom said many people were buying the tickets right there and then asking others waiting why there was a special party - they had no idea there had been a race.

While I have no idea what percentage of people purchased their ticket in this manner it DID NOT help the situation!

I forgot to mention that my Mom (my travel buddy) was at Epcot prior to park closing and had her ticket to the Finish Line Party. She had to exit the park (as expected) and wait for the park to be cleared before allowed to reenter for the party. In that time that she was waiting she saw CMs announcing to regular guests leaving the park that they could buy a ticket to the Finish Line Party and stay in Epcot until 3am.

My Mom said many people were buying the tickets right there and then asking others waiting why there was a special party - they had no idea there had been a race.

While I have no idea what percentage of people purchased their ticket in this manner it DID NOT help the situation!

That makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh, my gosh. This is the first I've heard of this, and that makes me so angry!!!! As others have also mentioned, we left without enjoying the party at all because it was so crowded - and I believe my entrance to that "exclusive" party was more than paid for by my entry fee and the 13.1 miles of sweat I had just put out. Livid.

Oh, my gosh. This is the first I've heard of this, and that makes me so angry!!!! As others have also mentioned, we left without enjoying the party at all because it was so crowded - and I believe my entrance to that "exclusive" party was more than paid for by my entry fee and the 13.1 miles of sweat I had just put out. Livid.

You are not the first person to mention to me. My traveling companion, Anna told me about while I was queezy in France. I can understand maintaining a certain business model, but sometimes less is more. And I am certain that if we all would have had a wonderful experience, there would be more of a buzz about return participants.

I understand Disney is running a business, but that really makes me angry, I wish it was more "exclusive" like it was advertised as :mad: Also if the party wasnt so packed, both my spectator and I were planning on eating and drinking lots and hopefully purchasing merchandise (we were really looking forward to it) but did not end up spending a dime there.

We didn't really plan to stay too late since we don't drink and wanted to get some sleep before leaving the next day. That makes me really mad though! I would have thought the party would have been open to people that ran the race and their family/friends, not just anyone. The lines were crazy once we cooled down enough to think about food. We stayed long enough to use our vouchers and left. It would have been nice to have some of the country attractions open as well, which might have helped with the crowds. Imagine how amazing Impressions De France would have been. I might have sat in that movie all night if it was open!

I ran the race and my husband and daughter had tickets for the "party" to see me at the finish line. I read this to my husband and he told me that when they were entering the park, there were people at the gate infront of him without tickets wondering what was going on and what the party was for. The turnstile cast members were telling these people they could go buy a ticket to enter at the ticket window. Guess its all about the $$. :mad:

Seems like we should express our complaints on that one. I heard on a podcast that Disney only sold 65% of the tickets for the after party. I can't begin to imagine how crowded it would be if they were sold completely.

We didn't even use our vouchers because the lines were just to long so with hubby and my $270 race fee - we didn't get to enjoy the after party.

Not to mention it appears that a LOT of people gave up and didn't use the vouchers. Very disappointing and I will express my displeasure to Disney regarding this.

I know this wouldn't have been a solution for all (because many went home on Sunday), but it would have been nice if, at least, the runners vouchers were valid for the ENTIRE F&W Festival, not just that night. Wouldn't it have been nice to come back (after feeling crummy the night of the race) on Sunday or Monday to use your vouchers? I don't know about you, but after about 10 miles, my whole digestive tract shuts down and I don't feel like eating (much less drinking alcohol) for hours. But maybe this would be a partial solution for next year?

I ran the race and my husband and daughter had tickets for the "party" to see me at the finish line. I read this to my husband and he told me that when they were entering the park, there were people at the gate infront of him without tickets wondering what was going on and what the party was for. The turnstile cast members were telling these people they could go buy a ticket to enter at the ticket window. Guess its all about the $$. :mad:

Well that helps explain why I had to buy a hot dog over at the bazaar place then. Last I saw before the race they had sold 65% of the after party tickets as well as all of us runners. If they didn't reach that 100% mark eventually I'd hate to see what that party would have looked like!

I can only hope they correct all this for next years race. What's crazy is I had money to spend and couldn't because of the lines which they still got the money just not mine I guess. :lmao:

They were also selling Party tickets at the expo. Major problems getting the ones we had pre-ordered because the system didn't like the confirmation numbers, but no problem for people walking in the door to purchase a ticket. :confused3

WOW this whole party thing was really a mess. I agree that I wish i could have used the vouchers either the day before or the day after the race. I was in no mood for food/drink or lines post race. Outrageous that they sold tickets to anyone at the gate. I think they need to open some attractions as well as food/wine vendors and stick with it being exclusive to runners and families. Poor decision, Disney.....poor decision.

I agree! The party was a disaster. I would have liked to have been able to use my vouchers at a later date.

Does anyone have the email address to send our observations/suggestions/complaints to? Should it be sent to the general WDW one or to the race organizers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter