Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

It's pretty heavy rain here now and with worse weather on the way...I guess the treadmill will have to do for a quick 4 or 5 mile run today. I still can't believe that we leave tomorrow -- and I'm a little concerned about whether or not that flight will be cancelled. So far it's a go!

Safe travels to everyone! See you at the race (I'll be the one with the pic of the Siberian husky pinned to me!)

Linda

I am flying out of AC tomorrow around 4pm, hopefully it should clear up by then. Getting to work in Manhattan today was awful, so much rain!!

I'm flying out of HPN tomorrow morning at 6:30 am. Usually I love early morning flights, but now I'm wishing I had booked a flight a bit late when the weather may be a bit better. I come in from CT, and didn't have any problems with weather this morning luckily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worst rain is today. It doesn't look like JetBlue has cancelled anymore flights as of right now.

Normally I wouldn't be so worried, but my flight to Orlando in Feb. was cancelled due to a blizzard so I haven't been doing so well on getting a flight. ;) That one we actually got delayed over 24 hours.

I'm flying out of HPN tomorrow morning at 6:30 am. Usually I love early morning flights, but now I'm wishing I had booked a flight a bit late when the weather may be a bit better. I come in from CT, and didn't have any problems with weather this morning luckily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worst rain is today. It doesn't look like JetBlue has cancelled anymore flights as of right now.

Normally I wouldn't be so worried, but my flight to Orlando in Feb. was cancelled due to a blizzard so I haven't been doing so well on getting a flight. ;) That one we actually got delayed over 24 hours.

Yikes!! Well I must say that I was lucky the one time in recent memory I flew in December, otherwise all travels have been pretty much standard delays of 2-4 hours :rotfl2:

I also personally like early morning flights, but I was not steering the ship this time, just along for the ride....and run :dance3:

Hi all!

At Disney now. The sun is out and its warm and humid. Last night was gorgeous and Sat. night is supposed to be the same or better.

Did a 2.5 miler this morning at the BC and down the canal to DHS. Was wishing my legs would feel thus good the next time I run that way. :)

Good luck everyone! I am so excited!!!!!!

I'm too am getting nervous as it's also my first 1/2. I really just want to finish. I almost got a shirt (can't remember right now where for the life of me) that says "If found on ground please drag across finish line"

http://www.onemoremilerunning.com/Short-Sleeve/If-Found-On-Ground-Short-Sleeve/prod_633.html

For the Jan 2010 marathon, they were at EXPO. I hope they're there again for the 2011.

Good luck everyone - I wish I could have signed up for this race. Hopefully I'll see some of you in January.

OK, if any of you need a runner for your relay team, I'm going down there on a last minute trip, and I'd love to run! I can do either leg, but I'm pretty slow, so don't expect to win any speed prizes!

OK I guess I'm the first to report a flight cancellation :scared1:

And to make it worse, all other flights to Orlando from both Islip (LI) and LaGuardia on Southwest were booked for tomorrow :scared1: :scared1:

Many thanks to the wonderful Southwest agent who got our party of four on a flight to Orlando tomorrow from Hartford :thumbsup2

Damn...I'm tired and the race hasn't even be run!

Isn't Islip one of the notorious Airports, even in good weather?

Good luck tomorrow. I am on the first flight out from DC in the morning headed home. Then once there it’s an hour drive home where I will pick up the DW, pull out my personal items and make sure my Garmin charger base is in my running and head BACK to the airport.

Went for a run this AM. I was going to run 8 from the hotel, along the Potomac to Lincoln and then loop the Mall. At the Washington Memorial the trails were flooded so I headed back. My route took me under a couple underpasses with a real tight path. While in the LAST one some crazy fool (besides this one) was in the right lane hugging the curb and just soaked me. OK I was already wet but I saw the wave heading my way and barely was able to turn my head in time to not catch it in the face.

Headed to my Mom's (my travel partner) for the night. We flight out in the AM.

See you all tomorrow!

Have a great race everyone! :banana:

Good luck to everyone - in both travelling and running!!

My DD and I leave from Melbourne tomorrow for Orlando - last time in a long time we have to make that route. We move to Tampa after the weekend is over. :)

I'll be checking into the POR, and then heading right over to WWoS to pick up packets and for DD to run her race. :)

Good luck to all those traveling from the East coast. Yikes!

Safe travels, everyone. I leave out tomorrow am and arrive in Orlando in the afternoon....hopefully, in time for the WISH meet.

Bag is packed and in the trunk. I'm terrified of a flight cancellation - I leave at 7:05am out of Philly, and they are definitely known for delays and cancellations. Still on time for now, so I guess I'll wait and see...

Leaving to drive down in about 2 hours. Have to swing by my DD's place @ UCF to drop some stuff off, then dropping off the dogs at the condo,THEN to the expo, hopefully by 2-2:30.

Happy safe travels & no flight cancellations to everyone!

Posting from my balcony at AKL. We are having the best time. The Galloway meet was great fun. Two laps around WS, and Mickey Mouse! We also got free RunDisney tech shirts, and had a good time with Jeff. He is awesome.

Off to Boma!

Just got on DME!! Wooo hooo, out of Atlantic City without a hitch!

The Galloway meet sounds gr8, wish i'd been able to get in on that!

See everyone in a few hours @ Boma!

My daughter did GREAT at the kids race! She was so happy to get her medal!

We took a little time to walk around the Expo, and I got my knees taped with the KT tape. It's already peeling a bit on the sides, so I hope it keeps until tomorrow night! Also spent way too much money on T-shirts, but they were so awesome I couldn't pass them up!! :)

Sorry we couldn't make the meet. I'll be in WISH green tomorrow at the globe for the 11mpm meet-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter