Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

OK, after yesterday's fail, I charged up the iPod and went for take 2. Last long run is now in the can - 10 felt so good, I did 11! Can't believe it's almost here!!!

4 pins or 2? I am never sure about this . . .

I'm not a total newbie, but I didn't know this! I would never do this because there are too many of the same shirts on course - but I learn something new every day!

Thanks, Coach! Hope I get to meet ya'!

A lot of folks wear the current year race shirt at the race. In earlier years you simply did not receive a race shirt until you finished the event.... many races are still this way. On occasion I have broken the rule but usually for a reason... the race shirt is ugly or defective and I use the shirt as a warm-up throw away shirt. Last one 2009 Disney half… Same dang duck shirt and the graphic was a good 5º off.

I have been all over the place with the number of pins I use. I have settled on if pinning to the waist band I only use 2; if to the jersey or short leg 4. Through the last 4-5 years I just use a number belt and it hold by the top two holes

One thing that will happen with only two holes being used is that the bib will fold/roll up. When this occurs the truly candid race photos (the ones where you literally fail to see the photographer) come out as unidentified. Even though the race instructions so do not fold the bib, feel free to fold it over itself making sure the number is still showing. Disney’s race bibs are huge compared with many small races. Do note that if you fold it up your name may not show, eliminating the you go Charles (or your name) calls from the crowd.

Do they give you pins to attach it with or do you need to bring your own?

Thanks for all the great advice. Also, thanks for mapping the run. Just worried about incline at around mile 10. It's not bad, I just know I'll be a little tired by then.

Check Pins at the expo. On occation the stuffing crew will get a little confused. I have stuffed several thousand packages and fully understand that every once in a while you just mess up on the stuffing. Funny, it is never adding too many of anything, always omitting.

OK, after yesterday's fail, I charged up the iPod and went for take 2. Last long run is now in the can - 10 felt so good, I did 11! Can't believe it's almost here!!!

Good job. I bagged my last run this am. You can feel the oppressiveness in the air plus I am feeling a little twinge in a knee. Better to be healthy than push a possible bad run.

Things to remember for the Expo…

Your Waiver – they have a way of printing them but you really hate to waist the time.

Your ID – got to have it for the plane just make sure you have it once you pass security

Your room key/credit card – most folks will purchase something.

A bottle of water – hydration is the most critical thing the few days before the race.

When you get your bib, run it over the test mat. You do not want Sally to get credit for your race if your name is Joe

After walking to the swag bag pick up (Disney generally has the bibs in one place and the freebies in another located at the BACK of the expo) check to make sure your bag has a shirt and safety pins. The remainder is not as important. Better yet, today grab 4 safety pins and put them in your bag. The one time you fail to check is the time you will need the pins.

Once you get back to the room, take time to lay out the stuff. I sort and throw away the ads immediately, then put my bib on my race belt and lay out my clothing. Even if the race is a couple days later I lay it all out just to make sure it all made it to the race.

Is WISHD the actual discount code?

Sorry for the late response but, yes, if you go to the top and click on "team discounts" and then enter WISHD it'll automatically take 15% off the items in your cart or anything you place in there (except for a few things, like I know Mizzuno is excluded).

When you get your bib, run it over the test mat. You do not want Sally to get credit for your race if your name is Joe

I've never run in a race where they did this. I'm not too worried about it, but will the mats be near area where we get our bibs?

I've never run in a race where they did this. I'm not too worried about it, but will the mats be near area where we get our bibs?

Yes, the mats will be in the same general area as bib pick up. And ususally they will remind you to check your tag and point you in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone running next weekend. I'm not, but I psyched up just reading everyone's posts.

Have fun--it should be an awesome time.

Maura

Great advice! Thanks! Where exactly on the front do you wear the bib?

Just wanted to mention for race planning...

I've done 4 halfs this year and each one has involved rain, sleet or snow. I think January had all 3. I'm not sure if I'm jinxed this year, but wanted to warn everyone since I'll be at W&D ;)

I would definitely bring some cash. Although most of the big ticket vendors accept credit cards, there will be many items in the $1-10 range for which vendors will only accept or prefer cash.

Anyone planning on attending the expo early Friday and staying in the Boardwalk area? PM if you can doa favor...

A little bit frustrated - can someone give help or insight??

I wanted to sign up some friends for the running tracker so they could receive alerts on my progress and when I try to find me, I'm not found....

I even opened up the search by just typing my last initial in the last name field and scrolled down to my appropriate age and still nothing. I'm not in the relay either.

Is anyone else having difficulty finding themselves?? Or is it just me? Should I contact them? I'm almost wondering if Disney has DH and I put in the relay somehow. Wouldn't surprise me at this point to be honest.... Is there a way on the waiver to tell which event? I did sign up for the 1/2, I looked at my active.com receipt and signed up on June 28th so I know I would be in the data uploaded for the runner tracker..

Help!!

I had the same problem. It says that those signed up after 9/13 aren't added yet... but I signed up well before 9/13. I have a waiver with a race # so I know I'm registered... I plan to call the number on Monday.

Hi everyone! I have to admit that I've been reading through this thread for awhile and have found all the posts so helpful, and so I finally made an account today. I am Disney obsessed and am lucky enough to not live too far from WDW that I can visit at least once a year (or more ;) ). This is however, my first half marathon and am soooooo EXCITED!!! I just wanted to thank everyone on here for being supportive even though you don't even know me! Just a few more days...hope everyone has fun!!! :yay: :banana:

Well friends, I am taking a quick break from packing to say hello and see ya real soon :goodvibes I am leaving bright and early tomorrow for WDW and I will hopefully run into at least some of you at the race :goodvibes I am not attending the meet on Friday evening, but I will be in a green shirt with a green turtle on it and my disboards name on the back so say hi if you see me and I wish you all the best of luck for the race :cutie:

Well friends, I am taking a quick break from packing to say hello and see ya real soon :goodvibes I am leaving bright and early tomorrow for WDW and I will hopefully run into at least some of you at the race :goodvibes I am not attending the meet on Friday evening, but I will be in a green shirt with a green turtle on it and my disboards name on the back so say hi if you see me and I wish you all the best of luck for the race :cutie:

I just noticed you are from Richmond. Are you considering running the Suntrust Richmond Half? Does anyone have experience with this race?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter