• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inaugural 3/31/12 Fantasy Cruise

On a few previous cruises, someone had loosely organized a pin-trader meet, to exchange / trade DCL pins. Does anyone have interest in meeting (I am thinking once), to possibly consider trades? I have a nice collection (200+), but generally would likely only bring a few dozen (+/-) for trading.

I prefer unique or special edition pins (DCL, resort specific DVC pins, and Disney-New York City).

I have a few sets of LTD ED, Inaugural Disney / Alaska pin sets to trade. :dance3:

Steven

PS: It is my understanding we are permitted to discuss pin trading on DIS, so long as the conversation does NOT include pin SALES, as DISBoards does not permit the reference to sales of anything online. If this is not correct - please let me know.

im a pin trader too! I have several pins to trade. If you have a minnie anchor pin to trade...I'LL TAKE IT!!!LOL it is the last one im missing from the anchor series. If you are mising chip and dale or Lilo ill trade it to you. Pm me

After many months of looking, finally found reasonable airfare. It does involve going from Baltimore to Orlando via Long Island (SWA) and returning to Dulles, but it beats two 14 hour drives.:cool1:

Now to add a pre-night hotel and two one way car rentals.

CALLING ALL PINK CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!!!

I am going to organize a Pink Champagne girls event for us. Before I start planning I need to know the following ... about how many people are interested and would you prefer to meet up on a sea day during the day or a sea day after the second dinner seating. Please let me know. Post it here or PM me if you wish or drop me an e-mail at FantasyMV@gmail.com

I will supply the pink feather boas and tiaras. I like to do things a little different so at this event guys will be welcome to attend as an honorary Pink Champagne Girl ... BUT they must be wearing a pink shirt, pink feather boa and a tiara through the entirety of the event.

Just wanted to share here for those not on FB.

Just passing along this info posted on the board to anyone trying to figure out the best way to get to the port from WDW for the least cost since not everyone keeps up with the main board. This might help if you are renting a car and want to get the lowest cost but were worried about space for luggage. I have never seen this posted before.

"After looking into this issue with multiple calls to several places....
I wanted to let others know that Disney Cruise Line does indeed offer a luggage transfer service for guests staying at a WDW resort property before the cruise but NOT taking the DCL transfers to get to port.

... This is what I was instructed to do by the DCL CMs I spoke with (confirmed by calling more than once )....

On the day before the cruise, you call 1-800-395-9374. select option #1 at the prompt. You will be directed to a CM who will take your name and your cruise reservation number. You then leave your bags ( up to 6 bags for $25) in your room and go on your merry way. They then have bellhops collect the bags from the room (you do not leave them in the hall as they will enter the rooms and this aoids tampering or theft per the CM) and load them for transfer to the ship. You arrive on the ship with nothing to check or drop off and mosey down the gangplank. The charge is made to yourDCL account and paid at Debarkation."

After many months of looking, finally found reasonable airfare. It does involve going from Baltimore to Orlando via Long Island (SWA) and returning to Dulles, but it beats two 14 hour drives.:cool1:

Now to add a pre-night hotel and two one way car rentals.

I'm glad you found something- after many months of looking we finally gave up last month and paid the ridiuclous BWI-MCO airfare.

Am I missing something? Is there a different FB group or page than the MV with 14 members?

If so, could I please be added? Who do I need to contact? I'd hate to miss something before we cruise.

Thanks mucho, Elizabteh

For my own edification, I contacted my travel agent regarding the "port" credits that folks have been talking about and am posting the info received for those interested. The refunds being issued are a result of a "change in taxes" (these exact words from DCL). Yes, of the various taxes that are part of a cruise, the port taxes portion is what most likely changed, but am able to confirm that the change is not a result of us now being tendered at a port instead of being "docked at port". It was also rumored that we (the Fantasy) were being tendered because Disney was giving the Magic port preference is false. Disney has always tendered at Cayman and this will be the case for both the Magic & the Fantasy (whether there seperately or toghether). All other stops will be "docked at port" as usual. Credits are being issued to the credit card used for initial deposit. My refund was $15.30. Hope this is helpful for anyone who may be wondering like I was.

Am I missing something? Is there a different FB group or page than the MV with 14 members?

If so, could I please be added? Who do I need to contact? I'd hate to miss something before we cruise.

Thanks mucho, Elizabteh

Hola Elizabeth! Yes, the MV FB group for the DIS has about 106 members. PM lbgraves on Dis once you have sent a request to join so she can connect Dis and Facebook names.

Hope everyone else is succeeding in their personal weight loss goals. I am down a total of 14 lbs. Yesterday, I did not want to go to the gym after work. It was such a beautiful day to walk the dog (in the daylight). But I went for my 5PM appt., had a great work out, and my personal trainer was watching my form, and said, "every time, I look at your Mickey socks, it reminds me of your goal". Yes, I will be able to run a 45 min. 5K at Castaway Cay. Right now, I have done a 45 minute on the tread mill. I need to get outside. With the lack of snow and ice, this really should not be difficult. Wishing all the rest of you the best in meeting your goals.

Thanks mucho, Elizabteh

To join the FB group you have to search for it. The complete title is "DCL Fantasy Maiden Voyage Cruisers". Start out with just the first few words and it should come up. I can't add anyone without them requesting first.

I'm glad you found something- after many months of looking we finally gave up last month and paid the ridiuclous BWI-MCO airfare.

Same here. Remember the $49 each way fares they used to have? Oh the days.

Are you leaving on the 31st or earlier?

just checking in...been at WDW for the weekend. It was HOT and wonderful...soon back at WDW for the sunrise safari before this cruise!!

Hope everyone else is succeeding in their personal weight loss goals. I am down a total of 14 lbs. Yesterday, I did not want to go to the gym after work. It was such a beautiful day to walk the dog (in the daylight). But I went for my 5PM appt., had a great work out, and my personal trainer was watching my form, and said, "every time, I look at your Mickey socks, it reminds me of your goal". Yes, I will be able to run a 45 min. 5K at Castaway Cay. Right now, I have done a 45 minute on the tread mill. I need to get outside. With the lack of snow and ice, this really should not be difficult. Wishing all the rest of you the best in meeting your goals.

So glad someone else here is doing the 5k. I am now on week 3 of "Couch to 5K" so I hope to right there with you.

I didn't know so many of our group were in the same area...

We're going out of DC using AA points. We booked just after they announced bankruptcy. :scared1: We're DCA-Miami-MCO and leave EARLY Friday the 30th.

Elizabeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter