Inaugural 3/31/12 Fantasy Cruise

OK everyone...I have trouble keeping up with both this thread and the FB page! Finally got on here and see a couple things need to reply about.... Sorry for the delay!

We are first seating.

And can you make me PINK on the FE list...just easier! :) Will send an email too!

Thanks! Getting excited and yeah, another post for me! :)

TODAY IS THE DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR FISH EXTENDER​

Send me an e-mail at FantasyMV@gmail.com with your information if you wish to sign up or change groups. Large group - 59 cabins, Small group - 15 cabins, Pink group - 74 cabins as of now.

Terrie!
Piglet likes to collect very small things, and anything pink or "piglety". He is not hard to please. What are your new traveler's names?:rotfl2:

Wicked & Truth. The "boys" are named after a a pair of vampire twins in the Anita Blake novels by Laurell K. Hamilton that I read :lmao:

OK everyone...I have trouble keeping up with both this thread and the FB page! Finally got on here and see a couple things need to reply about.... Sorry for the delay!

We are first seating.

And can you make me PINK on the FE list...just easier! :) Will send an email too!

Thanks! Getting excited and yeah, another post for me! :)

Welcome to club Pink Teri!!!

... just finished watching EXTREME AIRPORTS on the History Channel. Not surprisingly, Funchal (Madeira) and Gibraltar (UK) airports were on the top 10 (TransAtlantic cruises will remember these ports and airports).

If you get the chance to watch ... I'd highly recommend the show. I was amazed to see some of the airports ... including KUKLA (Mt. Everest base camp), which was built by Sir Edmund Hillary in 1964. The runway was made by hand (no power tools or equipment). The runway was constructed of flat rock, and was not paved until 2001! There are NO ROADS into KUKLA, and there are NO CARS, BUSES (etc) in the area.

A few weeks ago, I posted about DCL's omission of Grand Cayman excursions to Rum Point (including Rum Point & Sting Ray City combination). Initially, I noticed the excursions were available on DCL's website (as they have been, in the past). Unfortunately, when the Platinum booking window opened at midnight (weeks ago), after experiencing what is now "typical" DCL glitches, the excursions were not to be found ... no notice ... no disclaimer ... nothing.

When DCL opened in the AM, I called, and was told there was a computer glitch. Over time, I was given different answers every time I called (glitch, cancelled, not offered, JUST NOTIFIED OF ERROR, will be fixed in 48 hours, etc).

Every supervisor I spoke with told me THEY had the correct information, because THEY investigated. Unfortunately, nobody gave the same response. I filled out a DCL survey online, and requested a return phone call. Roy (DCL Guest Communications) contacted me ... explained that everyone had supplied information which was (at least) partially incorrect.

It's awkward for DCL to change an itinerary (booked on day one), then, provide NO notice of change until January 24, 2012, despite the change taking place MUCH earlier. Just think, had I been informed of changed promptly (even not so promptly), I could have been ready for said changes when excursions were being booked. So, imagine my surprise, when DCL sends me a notice of an administrative task (earlier today), regarding my Western Caribbean ITINERARY "A" cruise. THE PROBLEM: We are ITINERARY B!

Someone once said, "When DCL is good, they are great ... when DCL is bad, they're horrible." It's a shame DCL throws their new ship under the bus ... changing itinerary ... doesn't provide notices ... then provides a sister ship with premium arrival over the Fantasy (which resulted in the termination of Rum Point excursions). I am not sure if the Fantasy itinerary was previously changed because of an issue with a port (Costa Maya or Cozumel), or, whether DCL wanted an extra day of the Fantasy and Magic next to each other. It really doesn't matter ... but I sure wish they would get their stories straight.
:confused:

I hope to contact a tour operator in Grand Cayman, about Rum Point. Not sure if it will pan out.
:sad2:

disney-fantasy-cruise-ship-1018.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! YOU SET SAIL IN 8 WEEKS! THAT IS 56 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:
WelcomeDisneyDream.jpg

I remember reading about a pink champagne girls event/group or something that was done on a previous cruise. I still don't know exactly what it entailed other than the fact pink feather boas were involved :laughing: Did the girls get together at Pink and do champagne? Did everyone meet somewhere and bring their own champagne and have a tasting of sorts? One thing that seemed clear is that everyone had fun with it. The pictures looked like a good time was had by all.

Anyhow, if there is interest, I will be happy to organize it for the group. I just need someone to explain what exactly WAS the pink champagne girls group? :confused3 If no one can seem to remember then I will happily make a up a new but probably different pink champagne girls event :laughing: Guys wil be welcome on the condition they are wearing a pink feather boa
:thumbsup2

Yep we sure did. A lot of other people did as well. There is a big thread on Tue Facebook page about it.

Hello,

I haven't been on in a while and am reading about port charge credits. I don't have an account with Facebook and was wondering if someone would be willing to fill me in? I apologize in advance if the answer is elsewhere in this thread as I haven't read it in it's entirety. Much appreciated & thank you!

Basically, when DCL books a cruise to a port, they figure based on past arrivals that the port fees will be a certain amount. That amount is built into you cruise price. So if the price changes lower, DCL refunds the difference in the money. Ive gotten a refund the last 3 or 4 cruises weve been on. Someone mentioned that if you pay with DVC points, you wont see one since there is a certain agreement with DVC and DCL, and it differs from the average guest on DCL.

Can you tell me what the FE list in black represent?

Huh??? :confused3 I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Large group = white background.
If the text is in pink they are part of the large group that is also giving to the small group. The background of the ones in pink text are still white. If the text is blue they are traveling together with the cabin next to them that also has blue text. The background is still white so they are still part of the large group.

Small group = Yellow background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter