• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion - best counter service?

MK: Columbia Harbour House
AK: Tusker House
DTD: Earl of Sandwich

Not to high-jack this thread but on our second day at MK we were going to try Tomorrow Lands Terrace Noodle Station. Anyone been there with comments. I'm seeing no one has picked this as a choice so far and I'm a little worried. :confused3

Beaches and Cream is a TS not a CS

MK Columbia Harbour House, followed by Peco Bill's
AK Tusker House:sad1: By far the best CS in the World. We will try Flame Tree next trip.
MGM Nothing great but Backlot Express is okay
Epcot Great CS all over WS. We especially like Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips in the UK, the Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco, the Sommerfest in Germany and the Yakitori House in Japan

My favorite counter service stops are:

MK - I just realized that my family and I have spent five days in MK in the last two years, I can't remember eating at any CS except for Cosmic Rays. We only ate at CR twice so we must have ate any the resorts. Regardless, Cosmic Rays is OK. There is something for everyone here.

Epcot - Tangierine Cafe. I loved the chicken and lamb platter. The bread that went with it was awesome. My wife loved her chicken wrap.

MGM Studios - I don't have a favorite here. Nothing stands out. Whatever you do, do NOT get the chili cheese hot dog at the Flatbread Grill. I had never had a bad chili dog in my life until I went to the Flatbread Grill. The chili tastes like someone dumped a bunch of fiber in it. It was very gritty.

Animal Kingdom - I never had Tusker House (which is now closed) and I got violently sick from (or on) Flame Tree. At any rate, I won't go back to Flame Tree. I highly recommend going to the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge for your CS. We stayed there our first trip so we ate at the Mara three times. Everything is great and the portions are great for the price. We will be going here for our CS on our next trip. IMHO, this is the best CS at WDW resorts.

We also stayed at CSR, and loved, loved, LOVED the Pepper Market there. Used 5 of our 7 DDP meals. Excellent food and service for counter service.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot Future World: Sunshine Seasons
Epcot World Showcase: Lotus Blossom Cafe
Animal Kingdom: Tusker House (RIP -- as counter service, anyway)
Disney Studios: Dunno...we haven't eaten CS here.

My favorite counter service stops are:

Animal Kingdom I highly recommend going to the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge for your CS. We stayed there our first trip so we ate at the Mara three times. Everything is great and the portions are great for the price. We will be going here for our CS on our next trip. IMHO, this is the best CS at WDW resorts.

What were some of the choices at Mara (never been there).

These are our favorites:

AK: Tusker House, in my opinion the best CS in all of Disney...but, it will be gone for good pretty soon. :mad:

MK: Pecos Bill, we like the burgers and the fixins bar.

Epcot: Tie btw. Yorkshire County Fish Shop and Cantina San Angel.

MGM: If I had to pick one, I say ABC Commissary. I think MGM is seriously lacking in dining options/quality, for both TS and CS.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
Animal Kingdom: Tusker House :sad:
Studios: n/a

MK: Columbia Harbour House (fantastic tuna sandwich) or Cosmic Rays
Epcot: Fish & Chips in UK
MGM: Never really had any CS here we have liked
AK: Tusker House :(
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter