In two days, do you do DL twice or both parks?

Donald1969

Earning My Ears
Scenario: My family and I will be staying in Anaheim during the busiest time of the year, Christmas week. (26-27) We have two days for Disney parks. We don't know if we'll ever be back anytime in the near future.

Do we:

A. Go to Disneyland one day and Disney California Adventure the next day

B. Go to Disneyland both days

C. Buy 2 day hoppers and run between both parks (no magic mornings)

Thanks for your help! :confused3

We always parkhop at DRL... it's so easy and there's no real reason to stay in one park.

At WDW, it's mostly just a waste of time and energy to parkhop, unless you have your own transportation.

I would vote for park hoppers. We rarely spend all day in one park, but that might be because we have passes so it's easy to move around. I like to have options. If it gets to horribly crowded in one, it's nice to be able to go across and find somewhere that's not as bad. Also, I love seeing Main Street at night and Carsland at night, so I would definitely visit both parks. Even if you can't park hop, there is plenty to do in each place to keep you busy for the whole day, especially since the lines will be quite hefty that week.

At dusk, when they turn the Carsland lights on is a special little show by itself.

Scenario: My family and I will be staying in Anaheim during the busiest time of the year, Christmas week. (26-27) We have two days for Disney parks. We don't know if we'll ever be back anytime in the near future.

Do we:

A. Go to Disneyland one day and Disney California Adventure the next day

B. Go to Disneyland both days

C. Buy 2 day hoppers and run between both parks (no magic mornings)

Thanks for your help! :confused3

California Adventure is much better than I remember from my previous visit. I'd probably just spring for park hoppers. However, I had a 3-day.

My first visit I got a special deal as a guest of Southern California residents. They had annual passes and bought blockout date tickets, but asked if there was any kind of discount I could get. They had a Southern California special of a special ticket that could be used for one admission to California Adventure and one admission to Disneyland proper - all for the price of a one day ticket to a single park (I think it was $58). Since I had someone from Southern California with me, I got the same deal.

I figured that with this deal I would be better off using it on separate days. It was really great on the second day at California Adventure since the lines were really short. This was before Cars Land and when Tower of Terror was still under construction. Still - I must have gone on California Screamin' about 6 times and Soarin' Over California barely had a wait.

Personally, my vote is for A. We've (luckily) gone 3 times this year and each visit was a 2-day - 1 park per day. I don't know the ages of your children, but in my experience it's a lot easier to focus on one park at a time and saving steps vs. traversing 2 parks back and forth. When we're in either park, we don't ever feel the need to leave and go to the other. We never feel we're "missing out" and can cover a lot of ground in a whole day at each park if we do it right : )

Personally, my vote is for A. We've (luckily) gone 3 times this year and each visit was a 2-day - 1 park per day. I don't know the ages of your children, but in my experience it's a lot easier to focus on one park at a time and saving steps vs. traversing 2 parks back and forth. When we're in either park, we don't ever feel the need to leave and go to the other. We never feel we're "missing out" and can cover a lot of ground in a whole day at each park if we do it right : )

This is what I was originally leaning towards (one park a day) and I put this post out there just to see what other people suggest. I really enjoy everybodys comments and tips.

We also park hop everyday of our tickets. It gives so much freedom and flexibility especially if you are only there for 2 days. I could do DL w/o ph, but when I start off in DCA I'm definately going to hop over to DL. (Yes even with the addition of CL) I strongly reccomend PHs.

Of course go to both parks whether you do single day or parkhoppers! DCA has lots to offer.

I would park hop as long as they weren't at capacity or closing down either park. They SHOULDN'T, but you never know.

Another vote for parkhop option 3. If we get bored with one park we can go to the other park. Also parkhopping is great for the nighttime shows and shooting over into the Mad T Party for more entertainment.

I would also get hoppers. With only two days, the majority of my time would go to DL, but I would hop even if it was JUST to see WOC. Fantastic show!

I would vote for the park hoppers too for all of the reasons already mentioned and another:

I found during our last trip that my kids LOVED certain rides more than others, some of which really surprised me! The thing was, the had a few favorites at DL and a few at CA. We spent most of our last day just going on the rides that they loved the most in both parks, so it was nice to hop from one to the other. Also, if you are into the shows or parades, it is better to have hoppers for the flexibility.

I would get the hoppers, mainly because of the time of year, and its going to be crowded. But this comes from an AP holder's point of view, we rarely stay in one park.

We just got back and did 2 day hoppers. It was useful, especially if DL had a parade or something and we wanted to get outta there. When they have shows, they shut down some of the rides, depending on the area of the show. If you would rather be on rides during those times it is easier just to go to the other park. I personally liked DCA just as much as DL, for me there was no clear winner.

Definitely visit DCA! I'm actually planning a one-day visit in the next few months JUST to see DCA. I am sure you could easily spend a full day there (and it will be busy enough, I'm sure it will take a full day to try to see it all!).

If you don't mind spending the money at all, park hoppers could come in handy. As others have mentioned, on a crowded day, you may want to escape from one park to the other.

On the other hand, it's, what, $30 more per person to upgrade to parkhoppers? You could buy a pretty good meal with that money. And the crowds, the parks COULD be at capacity. (In the past, Disneyland might often be at capacity around that time, but DCA wouldn't. Crowd patterns have changed this year so I don't know what to expect.)

Anyway, if the parks ARE at capacity, you'll have a wait to get in to the other park when you try to hop. Plus, some people have reported delays at the turnstiles, due to most non-AP holders being checked for ID and having to sign their tickets. So hopping may not be quite as quick or convenient as it once was.

If I were in your shoes, then I would actually probably do 1 park on each day and take my chances. I agree with your order of doing Disneyland first and DCA second.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter