In these strange times, do all rules of civilization still apply or can I walk through a drive-thru?

Farro

Argh.
I'm crying out for my very berry hibiscus refresher from Starbucks. They are all closed except for drive-thru windows...can I walk through the drive-thru?

I don't even have a bike! :rotfl:

No walking through any drive thru's by us and most of our Starbucks are closed completely.

No walking through any drive thru's by us and most of our Starbucks are closed completely.

The drive-thru over here was open. I was on a walk and realllly wanted to get in line with the cars. 😳

I'm crying out for my very berry hibiscus refresher from Starbucks. They are all closed except for drive-thru windows...can I walk through the drive-thru?

I don't even have a bike! :rotfl:

I tried that once at a fast food place when the dining room was closed. They actually took my order and I walked up to the window to pay. But I got the sense that they weren't supposed to do that. I know I could have just gotten in my car, but it was quite a bit away.

They're not working through DoorDash, GrubHub, or Uber Eats? Never mind - they're using Uber Eats. I'm wondering what's stopping anyone from walking in who isn't an Uber Eats driver.

https://delivery.starbucks.com
There are some other places that have gone drive-thru only. That's the case at In-N-Out. I drove by one a few days ago and the line of cars was absolutely backed up. This location had a really long way to the drive-thru ordering board/mic, and it was still backed up to the street. Frankly I would have gotten something else rather than wait an hour.

My sister and her friend did it, they went for a walk and ordered online on the app, not realizing their local Starbucks closed except drive through (my sister literally gets Starbucks every single day and has for decades).

Well. We can’t drive through in a fire truck. It’s too big. We walk up. I have seen a lot of folks walk up at Taco Bell and what not. Of course you can go in to order. You just have to leave to eat. We just sit on a park bench or something. Just about every place here you can go in to order and leave. If I have the kids. We also just find a picnic table.... there is a lot at a rest area just on the freeway. Beats eating inside.

Well. We can’t drive through in a fire truck. It’s too big. We walk up. I have seen a lot of folks walk up at Taco Bell and what not. Of course you can go in to order. You just have to leave to eat. We just sit on a park bench or something. Just about every place here you can go in to order and leave. If I have the kids. We also just find a picnic table.... there is a lot at a rest area just on the freeway. Beats eating inside.

Most fast food places here have closed their dining rooms. You can’t even go in to order. You can order through their app and wait outside and they’ll bring it out to you.

Most FF places won't do walk-ups through the drive thru. It's a liability if a car comes through and hit them. Plus there have been cases where people were robbed thru the drive thru window, and in some cases, it's easier for a walk-up robber to get away than a driver.

Some places do it, though. And with every thing going on right now, some places are relaxing their rules on it.

I tried riding my bike to our local bank drive up window and was denied service.

Why? I do not know. Something about regulations.

Usually it is a hard no but some places around me have started allowing it for now, mostly for truckers who cannot take their vehicles through the drive thru but no longer have the option of going in to get food on their routes. And a few others are allowing carless curbside pickup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter