In Studio Meals Menu

canwegosoon

DIS Veteran
I know many of you that prepare meals are fans of the 1 bedroom...but we go too much and need to stretch out our points-so we have to do a studio. I have gotten to the point with all this dining mess that I want to make some meals in our studio(and have a few take out and TS meals)

Please post your easy to make "In Stuido Meals"

Breakfast:
Waffles/syrup
Bagels and Bacon(using the precooked bacon)
Oatmeal
Yogurt
Cottage cheese/frozen berries
Scrambelled eggs
Cereal

Lunch:
BLT
Cheese/fruit/nut plate with bread from the bakery(or cracker)
Tuna sandwiches
Cold cuts
Ramen
Baked potatoes

Dinner:
BLT
Blue cheese/pecan/apple/cranberry/salad bags-w/wo cold chicken
Loaded baked potatoes
Turkey w/gravy(Bob Evans brand)
Pot Roast( Bob Evans brand)
Rotisserie Chicken
Precooked Tyson skinless chicken breasts, a packaged salad mix, cheddar cheese slices, sliced bread from my favorite Dayton market, (maybe some packaged ham slices)

Snacks
Popcorn
Cheese nachos

Options:
Grilling at resort grills(beef, chicken, fish or veggies)
Electric Skillet/hotpot/sandwich press-increases the options

We stayed in studios for 6 weeks last Jan. and Feb. We took our own plates with us and fixed pretty regular meals. We also had an electric fry pan along. It was almost like camping but with a nice roof over our head.:cool1:

At the Super Wal-Mart we picked up some pre-packaged cooked meats, like Turkey w/Gravy and Pot Roast, (Bob Evans was the brand), they turned out great in the microwave in the Studio, add some cole slaw and potatoes, and you've got a good meal.

We stayed in studios for 6 weeks last Jan. and Feb. We took our own plates with us and fixed pretty regular meals. We also had an electric fry pan along. It was almost like camping but with a nice roof over our head.:cool1:

Could you list your favorite 3 without the use of an electric skillet (since I am not bringing one of those on the plane).;) Thank you

At the Super Wal-Mart we picked up some pre-packaged cooked meats, like Turkey w/Gravy and Pot Roast, (Bob Evans was the brand), they turned out great in the microwave in the Studio, add some cole slaw and potatoes, and you've got a good meal.

Sounds good Chuck...see I would not think of this...thanks:thumbsup2

I like to have oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. (The coffee maker will heat water if needed, but, the pre-packaged oatmeals work just fine with hot tap water too.)

My DW likes to have cottage cheese and frozen berries for breakfast.

Lunches and dinners we usually do some kind of sandwich event although I've also done crackers and cheese, too--variations on a theme.

...the grills that are available, too!

You can grill steak, chicken, fish, vegetables, etc and eat by one of the pools or take it back to your studio.

...the grills that are available, too!

You can grill steak, chicken, fish, vegetables, etc and eat by one of the pools or take it back to your studio.

Olderman and hematite153 Thank you

Again grilling is something I would never think of-anyone know where the grills are at BWV and are they charcol?

...and (at least at SSR and OKW) are by the "quiet" pools.

I don't know about the other resorts, but I'm sure someone can tell you.

We have some funny stories about eating in a studio - of the "what not to do" variety." When we first owned points, we did not have very many, so we always stayed in a studio. With young children and a limited budget (and no great love for most of Disney's cuisine), we did not eat too many meals out.

For our first trip, we stocked up on some Dinty Moore Beef Stew and other similar canned food offerings. Yuk! That might have been ok for lunch in college, but as a dinner choice on vacation - no way! We bought Purdue chicken nuggets (again, young children were involved) and then DH and I looked at all the counter service places to find something, anything with flavor to use as a dipping sauce. Another year we took some sort of Tupperware steamer (lightweight and easy to pack) that was supposed to cook chicken and rice at the same time. Maybe we just didn't use it correctly, or the microwave wasn't powerful enough - who knows, but the results were not great. I also remember a recipe involving angel hair pasta and this steamer - really not recommended.

At any rate, we've learned that you should not plan to eat something on vacation that you wouldn't want at home. I think you're on the right track with simple sandwiches and salads. We often buy a cooked chicken at the grocery, and have that with frozen side dishes the first night. The leftovers are good with salad the next day. Fresh fruit is nice on a hot day. Microwave popcorn and cheese nachos work as snacks. We usually bring some plastic plates and cups that we can rinse off (and toss at the end of the week) and some real silverware.

Baked Potatos with topping work well for us as well.We splurge and get the precleaned and wrapped ones cook them then those that want toppings can add them and heat.

We have a small suit case that holds our Plates, Refillable mugs (for room use only not to refill), electric single burner and DDs blow-up matteress as well as a few other odds and ends just for the Studiostays.

Baked Potatos with topping work well for us as well.We splurge and get the precleaned and wrapped ones cook them then those that want toppings can add them and heat.

Brilliant.... We even use these at home sometimes. These things microwave up perfectly.

Brilliant.... We even use these at home sometimes. These things microwave up perfectly.

They just work so well when returning from the parks hungry . Pop them in as you get changed and they are done for a quick light bite.Easy to keep and better then french fries

You could ship a box ahead of time, with an inexpensive electric skillet. They are lightweight and very cheap (mine I've had for 15 years, weighs almost nothing, and can cook so much).

Or also I love my hotpot. We enjoy ramen in it (even at home, as it boils up so quickly). I think I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond or somewhere for $10.

Ditto the "don't try to eat anything that you wouldn't enjoy at home". For the same reason, I don't stock up on nonperishables for our "disaster kit" that I wouldn't normally eat.

Even you could think of special items that prepared yourself are not too expenive - bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese, with a mimosa!

We have brought to WDW some nice Hickory Farms stuff also - the kids love it too. The beef sausage and cheeses even don't need refrigeration until opened. That is a nice snack with some fruit and crackers (and wine) maybe it's a nice light meal.

When we go, I usually send a box ahead of time with snacks and last time I sent the hot pot also (to the Dolphin; the coffee maker won't make ramen - eeww!). My DS loves ramen and it's a nice quick snack.

You could also scan the grocery stores in the coming weeks for canned goods that you normally enjoy for sales. We like the Indian dishes by "Tasty Bite" with rice. My DH likes canned tuna - I'm a bit burned out on that. You can also get salad mixes. Also check out your local Asian grocery - if you like noodle soups. My DH is Korean, so we shop at the Korean grocery. They have some nice noodle soups in prepackaged bowls, just add boiling water. They are nice light meals.

Good luck - I agree more visits are better!

We're doing the studio for a week for our upcoming trip too so we can stay longer. DH loves to go to the Superwalmart and get all the fixin's for subs, which are very filling and keep well in the little fridge, plus he can have different kinds each day. DD gets by on PB&J for lunch, and I like tuna sandwiches. Dinner is whatever we can microwave, or we go out for a nice meal, and then have leftovers the next night - especially if we eat at Wolfgang Puck express, since we always have leftovers!
We're driving this trip, so I will be bringing my electric skillet to have options.

I will be using ME and be alone for 2 nights until DH gets there with a rental car for our F&G trip. DH doesn't want to eat in the studio, (except for breakfast, he's OK with cereal/banana, and I always bring a box of cereal in my suitcase) and I'm using those two nights to see what I can do. Not being able to go to a grocery story is putting a cramp in my planning, and for 1 person, 2 nights, grocery delivery doesn't make sense.

For the 2 days I intend to bring, in a smallish suitcase that I will check with the airline, a cooler (I have tested it and it fits in the suitcase) with precooked Tyson skinless chicken breasts, a packaged salad mix, cheddar cheese slices, sliced bread from my favorite Dayton market, (maybe some packaged ham slices) and my plug-in hot sandwich maker. Since I love the New England clam chowder that I've had from BCV marketplace, I'm planning to buy that. I will throw in a few yogurt cups. Paying WDW prices for a cup of yogurt really bothers me, but I don't mind buying bananas there.

This is an experiment for me. I really want to eat on the balcony, relax, go to some F&G activities and swim in SAB. Once DH comes, we have dinner ADR's Le Cellier and Cape May Cafe, and will probably eat one breakfast at Boatwrights, we love thier stuffed french toast. He will go along with Grilled cheese sandwiches, salad for one lunch if I have something left. DH leaves on Sunday, I'll be there one more night to finish any food that's left.

We usually stay in studios, and I also always bring coffee in filter packs, Gladware for food storage and to use as cereal bowls, microwave safe plates, a small cutting board (even DH enjoys fresh fruit salads that I make when we do have a car) and a pocket knife.

Bobbi :goodvibes

Hi Bobbi---Thanks for the suggestions I will put them in too. I know we have 8 suitcases plus 4 carryons plus 4 personal items...you I could move a small army with that...but I am still trying to balance luggage vs vacation vs cooking....I hate over packing/I hate having to cook;)

We usually take Uncrustables. The Frozen PB&J's. You can buy them at any grocery store or sometimes convienience store near Disney. Leave them out for 30 minutes or throw them in a bag for the park and you have a great lunch for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter